Leveling 80-90 in The Pit - what bases to pick up?

Pär

Diabloii.Net Member
Leveling 80-90 in The Pit - what bases to pick up?

I'm a reasonably poor HC SP no-trade player.

Currently leveling a Bowazon in The Pit from 81-90ish and was wondering what white and socketed items that are gonna be of use.

In my future:
* another Frenzybarb
* Phoenix Strike/DT(?) Assassin - think I need Greater/Feral Claws and Greater/Runic Talons here
* Hammerdin going into Hell at clvl 70ish

Got an incomplete smattering of runes up to Vex but that doesn't seem to mean anything for the Bowazon (Strafer) since "Silence" is pretty much inferior to the new "Harmony" imho. My mercs generally end up using "Delirium" + something like "Duress" and/or "Obedience" or an upped normal unique armor (no Shaftstop, don't have the stomach for eternal NM Meph runs).

Threshers and Giant Threshers for mercs? Sacred Armour?

wielanja

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Leveling 80-90 in The Pit - what bases to pick up?

What I usually keep my eyes open for are threshers, bone visages, troll nests, archon plates and monarchs for generic merc and character gear.

I don't have too much experience with barbs or melee sins but it seems that zerker axes are the cream of the crop for melee weapons.

Obdob

Diabloii.Net Member

Elite ethereal weapons with or without sockets.
A 4 socket flail for your hammerdin so you can make Heart of the Oak (since you already have Vex).

potter

Diabloii.Net Member

phaseblade(grief)/zerker axe(grief/beast)/thresher(infinity)/great poleaxe(botd)/monarch(spirit)/flail(hoto)

giant threshers have high stat req which means you might needs specific gear to allow your merc to equip it. That or level him up more.
I think the only runeword i would use on a sacred armor would be Stone.