Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Level to use Imbue in Hell?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by ZappaFan, Feb 13, 2004.

1. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Level to use Imbue in Hell?

Simple enough, I know the info is out there somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. At what level should the Hell imbue be used? I usually wait until my characters get into the middle 80's, but with experience gains taking longer with 1.10, I've not had the patience to wait that long. My thrower barb just hit level 73 in Hell Act I and I'm itching to use his imbue quest lol. But I know I need to wait a bit... is 82 or 84 the "magic" numer?

2. killerxbabe

killerxbabe IncGamers Member

I thought i had read somewhere here that it was 83 to get the +2 all skills on a circlet, but i can't find it anymore.

Friend of mine swore he imbued a +2 all coronet with his sorc in 60's but I didn't think that was possible. Thinking maybe he was mistaken. If you can imbue +2 all before 83 I'd sure like to know.

3. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

If he was using an elite version of a circlet then a lower level is possible. Circlets (and the higher versions of them), add a small bonus to your character level when you go to imbue them. Its something like +5 for a circlet, +10 for a coronet, +15 for a diadem I think it is...

4. HelzCaretaker

HelzCaretaker IncGamers Member

you should imbue with in mind what mods you're going for on the item. So basically look up the rare lvls for mods and decide what lvl is best for getting all the mods you desire while trying to avoid the higher lvl bad mods. After all generally 60 should be fine for getting cruels of quickness and such so its just a matter of what options you want.

5. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

Also (and this is probably in void because it's long determined I don't understand Zappa-language), imbues doesn't differ in the different difficulties, only the char lvl does (and what's possible to get on the item).

Hey, at least I got a funny scentence written! :lol:

6. breez

breez IncGamers Member

AFAIK circlet type items don't add bonus, but they have a special thing called affix level, I don't remember the numbers except for Diadem, alvl=99. Now if the alvl is higher than clvl when imbuing, it overrides it. So a lvl8 char could imbue a Diadem and have the same chance for any mods as a lvl99 char. Coronet's Circlet's and Tiara's alvls are lower than Diadem's. Coronet is the second highest, that I remember :)

7. himeji

himeji IncGamers Member

If I'm correct, a lvl 78 char yields a +2 skills (char dependent) headgear.

8. ZappaFan

Are you saying that a certain level character can get the same imbue results in Normal as he can in Hell? I thought whether the imbue was done in Normal, Nightmare, or Hell made all the difference in what you would get.

9. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

In Xpac i always wait till 85+ nab 3 Tiaras/Circlets and go imbue. Every once in a blue moon I might imbue some class specific item. I get a lot of +2 helms this way.

10. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

Zappa: Yes, unless they changed it in 1.10, that's how it is.

11. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

*shrugs*

I was "kinda" correct ;)

oh wait......circlet items work for your clvl and gambling don't they??

12. ZappaFan

Wow! Now THAT I did not know. I have used imbues in Normal before with high level characters and never gotten anything good. I would have sworn the only time I ever got anything worth keeping it was from a Hell imbue.

Well I'll certainly make a mental note of THAT!

13. HR-Tecira

HR-Tecira IncGamers Member

The bonus on the circlets are as follows: circlet +3, cornet +8, tiara +13, and diadem +18. This bonus is added to your level when gambling or imbuing the item (not when doing that with other items) or to the monster level when the circlet drops. This is just used to find the prefixes and sufixes on that circlet when it is created.

So since imbue gives a +6 bonus to your level that means you could imbue a +2 skills diadem at level 66.

As for the level for other items the best thing is to go to arreat summit and look for the prefixes and suffixes you are looking for on the item and then aim to imbue when you are within a minimum of 6 levels of the highest level affix you want.

And as previously stated the difficulty does not matter. Only the character level matters. And of course the status of the item does not matter beyond if it is ethereal or not ethereal. Imbued ethereal items remain ethereal. But cracked/superior/normal does not matter the item is just used to determine the base item type of the generated rare.

Imbuing is like gambling and crafting. You will get a lot more bad ones than good. But eventually you will get one of those 3xx ed weapons if you try long enough hehe.

Also people should id any rare weapon they find in late nightmare and in hell since even that normal weapon could be something worth upgrading.

My zerker is definately happy I follow that plan. Picked up a rare claymore from hell meph and ided it expecting crap as usual but instead found that I had a 337% ed sword with +17 max and amp. I upgraded that to a highland blade and shaeled it. I now have a 287 max damage (used 1 handed) sword that I hit a 10 frame zerk with. (My merc likes it when the amp goes off hehe). (lvl on it before upgrading was 58 and it went up to 61 after the upgrade)

14. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

Agreed with Tecira.

It is a combination of character level plus the magic level of the item you are imbuing. Magic level being the affix level bonus received from certain items in game - circlets, etc.

Save all three quests for when you hit 66, and keep all normal Diadems that you find. You will then get three free shots at +2 skills in Norm, NM, and Hell. I have a mule full of normal Diadems I've found just for this excuse.

15. Dire_Wulf

Dire_Wulf IncGamers Member

Dont waste your imbues on circlets or other items that you can gamble for. My best imbue ever was an ethereal dimensional blade. It got 340ED, 20 IAS, +2 palla skills, and some AR. (Too bad it was in SC and Ive since deleted or donated all my gear).

So needless to say im on the lookout for ethereal dimensonal blades or crystal sword :D. I have an ethereal Akarran Rondach that I cant wait to imbue, but im waiting for a higher level.

Imbuing is also a way to get good ethereal merc weapons.

16. slick4hire

slick4hire IncGamers Member

Bah, your efficiency makes me sick!!!

:teeth: