Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Level 99

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Element, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Element

Element Banned

Level 99

I've always wanted to try to get to level 99 one of these days. So I did some searching and found "The quest for level 99" thread. Well it seems everyone participating in that is well ahead of me and already in the high 80s and some even the high 90s.

I was wondering if anyone would like to start from level 1 and try to accomplish the impossible? Like I said in my introduction to this forum, I'm going to start a new amazon in terms with a guide from the Strategy Compendium. Anyone else that would be interested from starting at level 1 and maybe leveling together in multiplayer games is sure welcome.

2. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

phew, i could fell some flaming coming on as I slooowly opened up this page. :D

This type of post is better suited to the MP thread up the top of the front page. You should be able to find someone willing to start "new characters" there, even better if you can host.

3. Pico Dynamite

Pico Dynamite IncGamers Member

Maybe he didn't mean start new character together MPing, but start new chars from scratch, like a tourni to get to level 99. You could start a tourni with the only purpose is to get the highest level, but a tourni to get lvl 99 would take a little too long I think. It mine as well be tourni to see who has the most free time on their hands or who can do WKS in repetition the longest if it were to get to level 99 :p
    edit: I'm retarted, didn't see the multipart at the end sorry :), but you could make a tourni, and those ppl in the tourni could MP together and ppl would probrally join it.

4. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Actually since I didn't know him I opened the thread while thinking ''woohoo someone to burn ~evil grin~'' next I read his message.. and then I posted nothing :D

''Mil & Sam''

5. nepeta

nepeta IncGamers Member

What happened to the gathering of heroes btw?

6. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

Well my advice is to enter with your lvl 1 character, you will be up in your 90:s before anyone reaches 99

Good Luck

DX

7. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

You should search for Tenshi (the creator of ATMA) in these forum(s) and you'll see that the goal of reaching level 99 is extremely daunting. He briefly outlined what it took to MP to get to level 99 and it was pretty amazing.

While it's great to have goals ... methinks that trying to MP with others would take extreme dedication that would outlast the participants. If you've currently tried to even get to level 90, 91, 92 ... you'll realize that the diminishing returns kicks in hard and your XP gained slows to an absolute crawl.

I've played my necro to level 94 and in the process i've come to comfortably realize that he'll never get to 99. That's not because I don't want to ... it's because it's not feasible. Forget it.

But hey, shoot for the stars and you reach some new heights.

8. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

If you really want to reach high level (>90), you will need a build that will kill Baal's minions and Baal himself very quickly (You will need some good gear too). Only one Amazon build is efficient enough: CS/LF zon.

If you think that you are ready for some serious Baal running with some character, add yourself to Quest for level 99 thread. It's simple.

9. Reborn2k

Reborn2k IncGamers Member

My idea (probably someone else had it before elsewhere) was called "Convention of Heroes". Our goal (or my goal) was not to reach lvl 99, but to MP together and see how far we make it and to have fun primarily. But it somehow failed, because we couldn't get together enough (like you said). There were only very few remaining at last and on top of that, I couldn't stay with a build. Pfoooh.

10. Element

Element Banned

I didn't mean only playing multiplayer... only once in a while, when things get a little slow and a little more action is needed. I just meant start from level 1 and keep on going, multiplayer or not. The only big thing was the start from level 1. :D I'm going to start tomorrow.

11. farting bob

farting bob Banned

We got to pat/mats in about 3 weeks with a mix of MP and SP, which is pretty quick, and i got to 93 before kind of stopping. Thinking abut it now, it would have taken alot more dedication than we were all preapred to give.