Level 9 Dueling Assassins

JEDubz

Diabloii.Net Member
Level 9 Dueling Assassins

I'm curious of people's builds, skills, etc. I've had a few now but I just started playing again and I'm making another. Let's see what you guys have made in the past.

NefariousNothing

Diabloii.Net Member
I've never made one before, but me and a buddy are going to make two level 9's to duel each other with. This is my first LLDer, as I don't really consider my pub-massacre-machine an actual dueler. :p (Charge/Insight = Win in pubs).

OxxyJoe

Diabloii.Net Member
i have a TS sin right now, the only hard part is getting the right jewels. Typically you get about 12 jewels that are either +4 min dmg or +8 max dmg, and although some people mix n match which is ok to do, i believe the best damage comes from having 100% min dmg jewels, because when the min is > the max, the max is raised to meet it, while if you raise both min AND max, then some of the max dmg is being lost. consider it like this:

claw weapon (not gonna look up base dmg atm) 5-12 dmg.
jewels add: 12 min dmg
new dmg: 17-18 dmg. the max dmg goes up by 6, so the overall effect was +12 min and +6 max.
same weapon, 5-12 base
jewels add: 12 min dmg and 8 max dmg.
new dmg: 17-20 dmg.
overall effect: +12 min and +8 max.

in essense, using all min dmg jewels give you extra overall dmg, while using all max dmg jewels or mixing max and min jewels gives you less overall dmg, but the fact that max dmg jewels can be +8 instead of +4 causes the effect to even itself out. Just realize that the best of both worlds is 100% min dmg, in terms of overall average dmg.

I'm not sure of the difference between jewels in your weapon and jewels in your armor, but there may be one, someone should clarify that part who knows better than I do.

Anyways, enough about jewels... the assn can actually be pretty good even without a full arsenal of boosted dmg, but just realize that that lvl 9 can get a TS of well over 1k using the jewels. I think the best case scenario is like, 700-708 dmg or something like that, with all min dmg jewels. there are also some grand charms that offer +1 max dmg, but those are kinda bulky and i prefer to wear 15 life large charms and maybe some 1-6 lightning charms, and especially +AR and +dex charms, since these help both with letting u wear better stuff as well as better blocking.
Also of note, my lvl 9 assn has max block because she has so much dex, as long as I give her a shield with about 45-50ish% chance to block.
I still get stormed by pallys, but none that are lvl 9 so far.

btw her skills are something like:
3 fury [edit: ok not fury, BoS. lol.]
9 TS
1 Claw mastery
she was rushed to act 5 of course.. she still needs the resistances and socket quest, but those are kinda tricky to get without gaining exp. gotta get a friend to help me there..

Zangeif

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're going with a min build you need to use ALL min jewels because once the min = max on the claw any more min added adds to the max as well. If you find max on a jewel it is completely wasted.

4 min jewels are worse than 9 max jewels so if that's all you can get dont go with a min build. However if you can get a lot of 8min jewels it will work very nicely.

OxxyJoe

Diabloii.Net Member
Zangeif said:
If you're going with a min build you need to use ALL min jewels because once the min = max on the claw any more min added adds to the max as well. If you find max on a jewel it is completely wasted.

4 min jewels are worse than 9 max jewels so if that's all you can get dont go with a min build. However if you can get a lot of 8min jewels it will work very nicely.
4 min is the most possible for level 9 req.

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
OxxyJoe said:
4 min is the most possible for level 9 req.
you can get both a prefix and suffix on jewels.

I would go with all max damage jewels because you can one hit kill much easier.

Zangeif

Diabloii.Net Member
8 min jewel = 8 average damage

14 max jewel (highest possible) = 7 average damage

1 hit killing is impossible agains tany decent vlld. In fact, you can't even come close to a 1 hit kill. Sac pally can maybe 3 hit kill against an ok vllder.