Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Level 74 Fury WW having trouble in hell

Discussion in 'Druid' started by pee-tah, Feb 11, 2004.

1. pee-tah

pee-tah IncGamers Member

Level 74 Fury WW having trouble in hell

Lots of trouble actually. My trouble isn't immunities cos I just run away from them. I just get crowded in a lot and get murdered. First my Oak goes, then my might merc, and then soon I'm smacked into human form. I run into these problems a LOT... games don't last longer than 2 minutes in, cos either I quit for what's up ahead, or I die...

My resists suck, they're all negative (by 10 to 30)... but I have good health, and using wind hammer at the moment, not yet shaeled (I'm poor, dun wanna waste it...)

Just started 1.10 ladder two weeks ago... poor as hell... the wind hammer was picked up from some guy muling in my den of evil run but never came back for it (he was prolly overloaded with riches and thought windhammer was no good)... I dun even have jalals!

PLaying 1.09 style cookie cutter no dex fury solo ww mass life with twohander, not much different from before, except I really can't hack it in hell...

Help much much much appreciated... 1.10 can only be boring when you know you're quitting games or dying just as quickly as people are doing baal runs...

Oh BTW, my gear sux, so any advice on HOW to get better gear, or any medium term gear, would be far preferred as opposed to 'get a shako, 10 ss charms, anni charm, shaelshaelzod eth tomb reaper, enigma, maras, 2x bulkathos' etc...

Looking forward to your input!

2. psuedoenviro

psuedoenviro IncGamers Member

I only suggestion I can give you is maybe you should run nm baal until lvl 80. It doesnt take that long to get those lvls in four to eight person games. The extra 6 skill points and 30 stats could make a huge difference. Those baal runs could also produce some much needed equipment. Once in hell, I would run the Pit for some good items before going on to Act 2 because there are so many monsters that have poison, are ranged, or both. good luck

3. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Do you always have Feral Rage charged up? It's a life saver.

Also, maybe you need to rethink your play style. It's not quite so easy to tank anymore, even with massive life. Try to lure away smaller packs of monsters, kill them, and then go after a few more. You have to play smarter...

4. pee-tah

pee-tah IncGamers Member

Hmmm... true... 30 life means a lot... also I haven't done Lam Esen's, so, that's another to think about...

But can I still see nightmare games now that I've killed NM Baal? Sorry for the newb question, but that was the way I remembered it in 1.09...

Or should I solo these NM baal runs? or just make them anyways, and hope that people will join me?

5. pee-tah

pee-tah IncGamers Member

I do, I love the big red swirly swirly ball, really I do... but so far only 1+1 skills in it... and it barely seems like I'm leeching at all (man were they serious when they said they're gonna castrate life leech...) would u recommend adding more? or just hoping I'd get more + skill items later on?

Yeah I've read on the forums that long gone are the days of a fury wolf running thru chaos sanc, and cow packs in 8 player games blindly and happily furying away, without so much as a visible dent to their red life bulb...

I HAVE been trying new strategies, but either I suck strategy wise, or I suck build wise cos I've been trying for a while already... I edge over bit by bit, and yeah I can kill SOME packs, but either I see some mods that are nasty and I try run away... run away eventually into another nasty mod pack... or I gauge that I CAN take them on, but somehow, my keep-distant and wait strategy doesn't quite align with the mind set of my bear, oak and merc, who go and suicide themselves, and I end up running, recasting, running, TP, rehire merc, running, recasting, etc...

Like I said... 1.10 hell is no longer a fun experience when you know other peeps are popping up glorious gold, green, yellow TC 90+ goodies all over the place, while you're mucking around like a noob with a net loss on exp...

6. pee-tah

pee-tah IncGamers Member

FYI, I've just started up a summon necro and a hammerdin with the hope that these two will get me much needed gear with poor-man's equipment.

Please tell me if this is a smart move, cos I'm sensing that these two are rather item dependant too for MF purposes... and I'd rather be playing a druid, so are my chances better to just MF with my wolf, albeit in NM? Cos he's already L74, and those two are like level 6 neither with the aid of Khalim's Will... which means it will take eternity...

7. tl998

tl998 Banned

WW druid is a melee build. All melee build in 1.10 are completely dependant on equipment. If your equipment sucks, you will get owned in hell, end of story. If your strategy sucks, you will also get owned. You will need both to survive. Casters (like hammerdins) on the other hand, don't need uber gear. Try those first to mf for good stuff. I always start with a sorc as first char so I can kill nightmare meph over and over again.

8. kurupt439

kurupt439 IncGamers Member

By the way, I wouldnt waste the shael on your windhammer. According to Dragoon's calc, you cant reach the next fury breakpoint. If you are strictly a WW then an ed jewel or something would much better suit you.

9. pee-tah

pee-tah IncGamers Member

Actually I'm waiting to shael it in this unique exceptional quarterstaff that everybody keeps talking about... ribcracker... sounds hella delicious... but so far, my 0% MF gear has been most helpful in finding me copius amount of potions and arrows...

10. Canoe

Canoe IncGamers Member

Pee-Tah - i'm in the same boat as you and it was truly frustrating...

New to the game - no real acquaintances to play with etc...

Druid is what i want to build long term - however I don't have the gear, so I made a sorc. Went through NM and did Baal runs to 75, then worked my way through act 1, and literally stayed at the pits until 85.

i've been able to find some pretty nice stuff to gear up my druid, and find items to trade.

I started about 3 weeks ago, and i'll give you an idea of what i've found (nothing super great but it's getting there somehow).

Shako
    Ik Maul
    Ik Helm
    Tal orb/belt and mask X3.
    Wiz Spike
    Duriel's Shell
    Bonesnap
    Aldurs Helm & Weap
    Mav's Belt
    Buriza

etc etc etc

Now that I have some items to trade - I should be able to gear up the druid a little bit to be able to level.

Just wanted to let you know don't get up, just be patient with your first char - maybe even make a sorc and run her up to MF for some things to help your druid out.

Good Luck to you.

11. F4IRACER12

F4IRACER12 IncGamers Member

Man the horror stories of ppl struggling with their wolves makes me not want to make one as my first character on the next ladder...

i know i had the same trouble in single player but i was hoping i'd be able to pull thru and get some decent items.

i remember being frustrated with the druid because out of all the characters, he seemed to fing the least amount of stuff even with medium MF. I wanna make a melee build but that idea is starting to look bad....i dont wanna be frustarted as hell in act one hell getting killed by archers and those things that shoot out the lightning balls that seem to do physical lightning and cold damage.

12. ForLife

ForLife Banned

Hmm, I have got a Fury WW druid and he is doing just fine in Hell diff. Perhaps that is because he is using a Eth BotD, and had around 4k life, but still a druid isnt that difficult to make good in PvM.

Grtz,

13. lexor

lexor IncGamers Member

well I'm a n00b to WW builds (long time sorc here) but what is the big no-no about dex in every guide I read? I understand mauls are good and I hear druid gets fast (or very fast I forget) with them all. But why not go max block with shield + some 1 hand weapon? at least that's what I started building...

anyone wants to disillusion me right now?

14. ForLife

ForLife Banned

Hey,

Shield + 1handed weapon is good, but mostly in PvP. When in PvM using a good 2 handed weapon will get ur dmg 1xxxx (for example a hellslayer-->not that this weapon is good or so but dmg is nice). In WW form with fury and maxed Lyc (ur life is GOOD). U dont need to have so much block, cause ur fast / leeching is a pre btw. and u do massive dmg AND you have masssive life.

15. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

My fury druid is in hell act 3, he is doing fine at this moment. I'd think I have much better equiptment than you though, with jalah's mane, arkain's valor, tomb reaver (two shael for 4 frame fury), string of ear, soul drainer, and gore rider. My resistance is maxed too. With all equiptment, charm, wolf, sage, I have over 4k life.

Don't let you being surronded, let out few volley of fury and run back a bit. Let your merc kill the fire enchanted boss, they seem to take less damage for some reason. One explosion from a fire enchanted boss can takes over 2k of my life, that's after the 15% damage reduction, and only act 3. Have oak sage on hotkey if you use it, cast it in corner of screen during a fight, that tend to make it stay alive longer.

I use fury on left button, feral rage on right (with oak sage hotkeyed), keep feral rage charged, if you are low on life take a few bite to get it back.

16. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

sadly this is pretty true... but id go along with proudfoots idea on just doing nm acts for a while.. either that or shop for a good deflecting shield and shop for a fast magical weapon. another thing tat might help u(it may sound stupid so dont blame me if it doesnt work) is try trading that windhammer for a ballista.. (even low ed is good) then shael it.. it has the freeze mod on it and i NEVER die even when im crowded cuz my fast fury freezes all those suckers.. the dmg is real good too.. only problem i see with doing this though is that u said u dont have a lot in dex.. hopefully ull have enough to wear the ballista if u end up trading for one.

dun have to try it and if u do and it works then : :Db

17. electricblue

electricblue IncGamers Member

The main problem should be your resists. My ladder druid on uswest has 295 ed upgraded rib and does about 4.5k fury damage, but can't survive long either.
    He also doesn't have high resists.
    By the way, I am trying to sell my rib for an IK Armor, anyone interested in, msg me.
    *electricblue

18. wisedoor

wisedoor IncGamers Member

Against PIs, you can use a wand with Amp Damage charges on switch or get an Atma´s Scarab or other item with % to cast amp. Amp breaks immunity on 95% of the PIs.

19. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

If on ladder these 'horror' stories do not need to exist for melee druids.

How to make a melee druid work untwinken in .10

untwinked = no rush = charms drop. Pick up all charms and keep any charm that is remotely useful +3 to one kind of resist ... yea keep it. your stash should be full of charms no one else wants but will help you out a good bit.

Do 'save the barb' quest in norm and nm ... why b/c with w/ 2 x ral runes you could potentially get a ribcracker ... (people love to craft). Dont forget to pick up money so you can gamble for some ammys as well.

Also start working on finding p-diamonds ... a 4 socketed p-diamond shield will be your god in hell .. when elemental monsters start attacking weapon switch to the 2 hander and whatever crappy weapon you found so far and pound away.

feral rage constantly charge is a must

im gonna have to say this again b/c i swear no one in this forum will ever agree w/ me on this RAVENS RAVENS RAVENS !!!!! 5 ravens out are life savers i swear no one in this forum EVER mentions this, yet every high lvl druid that i play with on east swear by them just like me .... am i missing something ?????
    I mean its like you got 10 monsters pounding at you .... ravens go into effect .. you got 5 monsters pounding on you and 5 standing around like a bunch of statues ....

Also look into cheap rune words ... runewords are god for untwicked characters ... save up for a lion heart or a smoke or anything w/ resist.

You might also want to think about not doing all of your lvling in baal runs ... when i went untwinked i lvled almost completely solo til lvl 87 .. why ? Because i was mfing and lvling at the same time ... eldrich and shenk and pindle runs give surprsingly good exp. at lower lvls.

Oh btw ... if you cant get a ribcracker ... most ppl will give you an IK maul for those 2 x ral runes or for free. And this is a very good weapon as well.

well that is the basic set up to get you started ... but you do need to find a way to raise your resist especially lighting resist maybe ort some of your gear from the 2 orts you got from quest ..

oh yea pi's .. run .. your goal is to beat the big bad boses not EVERY other monster as well.

20. Hells_Trinity

Hells_Trinity IncGamers Member

im having troubles too negative resistances except for fire and poor because im having to keep resurecting my merc im in act 4 and almost dieing all the time and are running low on town portals
    should i go do baal runs on the lower difficulty levels or am i too far past that?
    im stuck aall i have to do is kill diablo and im in act 5 but i got there by tping and resurecting my druid every 5 min. the hellforge was well... hell
    pits? baal? i dont know