Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Level 72 Zealot - Where should I be?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by CorsairNU, Jul 15, 2010.

1. CorsairNU

CorsairNU IncGamers Member

Level 72 Zealot - Where should I be?

Both for XP and MF purposes, where should I be trying to solo as an under equipped level 72 zealot? I am into Act 1 of Hell right now. Zeal, Sacrifice, and Fanaticism already maxed, working on Holy Shield now. As for specific gear, if you are going to ask if I have X item, assume I do not.

I can't even clear the Den of Evil in Act 1 right now. Zombies swarm me and I can't kill them fast enough. :(

2. Rawness

Rawness IncGamers Member

Re: Level 72 Zealot - Where should I be?

Say what gear you have, damage, skill points set etc.

3. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

If you want the easy way out then respec to hdin, make dual spirit (the runes you probably already have), beg for a low shako & viper and go do hell cs runs. lol.

But for a zealot the easy fix-all would be draculs and oath (or again, beg for a low stormlash/death cleaver/redeemer)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  4. CorsairNU

Current gear:

Rare Divine Scepter
    24-58
    30% IAS
    +177 AR
    5-75 lightning
    +1/+2/+1 to some skills I don't use

Royal Shield of Warding
    165 def
    +25 all resists
    Magic Damage reduced by 1

Naj's Circlet
    100 def
    +15 strength
    +25-35 fire damage

IK Gloves
    IK Boots

Rare Balrog Skin
    730 def
    +7 strength
    +42 life
    Poison length reduced

rare belt
    78 def
    lightning resist 22, fire resist 8

Crafted blood ring
    8% life steal, 24% lightning resist

rare ring
    6% life steal, +33 AR, 5% fire resist, +26 mana

rare amulet
    31% fire, 12% each to lit/cold/poison resist

A smattering of small and large charms giving small elemental damage boosts, bits of strength or resists.

Also, I have a 7% MF small charm. I read a MF guide that suggests that is worth something to someone?

Skills are pretty standard I think. 20 Sac, 20 zeal, 8 Holy Shield (with pre-reqs), 20 fanat, 1 in each elemental resist and then 1 in salvation (unoptimal at this level, but they definitely helped me get this far in the first place).

I know my gear is crap, but this is my highest level character (I have a slightly lower level meteorb I'm working on as well, similarly equipped). I have crap to trade (just half a stash or so of p gems), and frankly don't even know what I should be trying to trade for at this point that I can afford and would be an upgrade that would last me for a while.

5. CorsairNU

Oh and I would prefer not to respec, but I feel like I may have to if I can't get this guy to work. I feel like I may just not have the gear I need to be viable at this point, and I've essentially stopped playing him because of it.

6. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

Weapon is the biggest concern but there are tons of elite unique weapons lying around that people just give away for free, maybe a pg or two, that work fine.

7. Grapeape

Grapeape IncGamers Member

I would personally either just MF baal until you he drops a few decent items to get you by for now, or chaos runs which ever one you can clear the fastest. or farm LK/trav area for some gems to cube for perfects to trade for decent stuff.

some really cheap runewords that you could make that would help as well
    ryme - sheal eth (25 resist CBF 40% block etc)
    smoke - nef lum (50 resist all 20% FHR etc)
    Cresent moon - Sheal um Tir (works in swords axes or polearms: 20% IAS 180 - 220 enhanced damage some nice ctc magic absorb etc)

the lum and um runes might be a bit of a pain to get but some countess/LK runs should get get you them pretty quickly, these should be a decent start untill you can get some better stuff going.

8. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

for an um you could easily get a low stormlash/death cleaver/redeemer with how flooded the market is of uniques

9. Grapeape

True, i didn't think about that. Then again i haven't played b.net in quite sometime so im completely oblivious as to the state of the market these days.

10. CorsairNU

Just to be clear, when you're talking about Countess and LK, you're talking about in Nightmare, correct?

11. TurtleBay

TurtleBay IncGamers Member

Take a look at the trading forums. Some cheap stuff to look for:

Belt - String of Ears - 8-10 pgems for a low one
    Boots and Gloves - IK - All set
    Weapon - Look for the out of favor elite unique maces - Nord's Tenderizer, Demon Limb - These go for about 4-7 pgems.
    Shield - If you are having resist problems, find a pally shield with 25% + base resists and 4 sockets and put pdiamonds into it. If not, try to get something with blocking like "spirit ward" unique shield that has high blocking and some resists. Again, nobody uses this so it is a few pgems. Rhyme also works.
    Hat - Stealskull has to be the outright value in this position with attack speed, dual leach, and magic find. People give these away.
    Armor- Smoke as recommended by Grapeade.

12. Grapeape

yes, seeing as it would be the quickest/easiest for you to farm runes and such atm... of course once your better equipped running countess/LK in hell would bode some nicer drops.

13. Elyxthaxzus

Elyxthaxzus IncGamers Member

I agree with the idea of trading...pgems is all you need. that's usually my modus operandi since im not a fan of MF runs. I kill tons of mobs till i collect pgems (runes tend to come in allot this route as well), and trade. I play Ehcl ...if your on there i have a few items I'll give ya. if your not, it's all still as cheap as pgems. A few others to think of..

baranars star (nice weapon, usually dirt cheap), guilliams face helm (lots of CB and OW), manald heal/cathans rings for LL and ML, Aldurs boots for nice R/W speed and a healthy boost to fire resists and more...Ik's gloves and belt is a fav combo of mine if I have nothing else.

and you can't go wrong with a 4 sock pally shield - pdiaminds if your hurting or resists, or spirit RW in it for decent resists and +skills/mana/FHR/etc. Tal-Thul-Ort-Amn is incredibly doable by end of NM.

can't go wrong with smoke, its my staple thru NM and into early hell. slap it in a higher level armor for better defense (you prob have a decent str level, why not).

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010