Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Level 71 Skellymancer Having Trouble in Hell

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Dark Phoenix, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix IncGamers Member

Level 71 Skellymancer Having Trouble in Hell

I’m seem to be having trouble on the Hell Level.

I seem to be getting swamped the enemy, and where I left it I had just got to level 5 of The Forgotton Tower and I was taking on some ghost and one of those clan goats. I was using attract, decerpify and amplify damage, non made any difference I could not make a mark on them.

Although I know the ghost are physical immune I should have hurt the goat thing as it was only fire immune.

Also the Iron Gollum and merc from act 2 from Nightmare are starting to die a lot. The merc is level 70 and has 1636 defence and had 30 in all his resistances.

I’m level 70 and I’m maxed out in

20 CE
    20 SM
    20 Raise S
    1 Iron Gollum
    1 Summon Resist
    1 Attract
    1 Revive
    and all the skills to get the above.
    I have a few skill points to attribute, is there some place I should be now placing them, and any other tips?

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

First of all lvl 71 is a bit lowish in Hell...maybe go back and do a bit of Nightmare Baal running until you're lvl 75...will help your skellies hit too, and your merc will also be a bit thougher. I can't really see what the problem is...your skills look solid enough...maybe you don't have enough +skills. Even a skellymancer will have trouble in Hell with no or few +skills.

You should also try to get some life leech for your merc that will allow him to stay alive, also some more resists if possible. Also a fast weapon is very nice too.

I would also switch to Clay golem since he is more versatile than Iron Golem. The Clay Golem has a slow effect that is very nice against monsters, you can also place him where you want him to be...for example helping out your merc.

Amplify damage should be able to break physical immunes...but some monsters do have too much resistance to break, I think.

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

The Blood Clan are immune to Fire damage and have 50% Resistance to physical damage. Use Attract to keep them occupied. Then cast Amp on them. Then use CE and they should start to take damage.

Ghosts will take all the Fire damage from CE, but only very little physical damage. Use Attract to keep them occupied and then cast Amp. A blast from CE should damage them.

Keep in mind that AI curses do not work on champions.

You can also use a Clay Golem as crowd control. Just cast him in front of monsters that are giving your Skellies trouble. IG can be a good Golem, but he has trouble operation well if the number of minions start to rise.

Do not run. You want your army to be close to you and compact. AS soon as you start running your army starts to form a lint behind you. That is not the most effective way to fight with a Skelliemancer.

Level your Merc and level yourself. Both of you are too low level for Hell. Your Merc is an Offensive Merc from Act II NM, correct?

4. Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix IncGamers Member

Thanks for the tips, in the field the skellies seem to keep together, but when they get in a fight seem to wander off all over thshow attracting other monsters.

Does Attract and Amplify stack?

I will go back to Baal and see if I can pick some good stuff up and make some money.

5. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

Once you cast attract onto a monster you can spam amp over everyone and it won't overwrite attract on that monster.

6. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

No. The curse you cast last will override all previous curses.

7. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

To elaborate on your merc :
    1) Get him 10% life leech with a tals helm or Crown of theives. If you are really hard up a sigons armor+helm could work as well.
    2) Get him a cannot be frozen armor like Duriels Shell or Gladiators bane
    3) More dmg = More leech. Hence equip him with a bonehew, cruel elite polearm/spear. Alternatively go for crushing blow. Items like the set winged helm (Guillaume's Face) gives your merc this.In fact this, duriels and a 2*amn bonehew would be good enough for his final gear and very cheap too!
    4) Mix your curses with Life Tap. It gives 50% life leech and with one poke your merc heals a huge portion of his health :p
    5) With a summon/summon hybrid build you are a general. Observe what is damaging you and your army. Eg : Pesky ranged attackers with spears/arrows/elemental attacks and think how to take the heat off you and your army. Dim Vision takes care of this instantly.
    6) Agree : +skills mean beefier skellies/more durable golem/more revives/more resists for minions and larger radius for CE/curses. Aim for +7-9 to all skills. Do outstanding skill quest in every mode like Radament, Izual and to a certain extent the stat quest Lem Esem Tome (Act 3) if u can hehe
    7) You did not mention your gear. To attain +9 one could use homo/shako/vipermagi/blackhandkey/+2necro ammy....max from gear in 1.10 is +13all i believe with unique spider sash/hoto/enigma/+3 boneflame/shako/homo/2 sojs

8. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

This is just nitpicking, but I can't help but mention Hone Sundan unique Yari...much better choice than Bonehew and easier to find.

9. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Not true. Attract can't be overrriden.

10. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Well said MM! Yes an ethreal hone sundan yari could keep your merc from mid lvl to high lvl once you upgrade it! In fact its the only weapon he needs once you hire him so yes great choice of weapon hehe. Oh ya do pick up every rare in this patch as they can come with 450ed and the Fool's prefix.....lovely :p