Level 62 trapsin can't do hell

weirdball

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm pretty new to d2, and have a lvl 62 trapsin in singleplayer, with random loot, and I am having trouble killing the last wave of NM Baal minions and Baal goes pretty slowly as well. Any tips on how to choose/get gear or what I'm doing wrong?

Skills

max fireblast
1 shock web
5 charge bolt sentry
max lightning sentry
16 death sentry
1 in all shadow disciplines
(not including +2 all skills from gear)

stats

110 str
107 dex
173 vit
40 energy

i have about 30 all resist,
531 def

Gear,
+1 assassin abilities katar
sigon's guard
heavenly garb
other random shit

I have a act 2 nm defensive merc and a tp staff but seem to get stun locked whenever i use it to try to get to baal faster.

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

okey

Diabloii.Net Member
things that may help you off the top of my head:

- consider hiring an a2 holy freeze merc (slap the hardest hitting weapon you can find for him and give him some life leech)
- since you're going off random items, consider respecing and making a spirit boardsword+rhyme boneshield, this item combo is really hard to beat; powershop a1 normal for 2os boneshield from drognan, any boardsword post a4 normal will become 4os with a socket quest. if you dont' have the runes already, you can easily farm the runes from nm countess.
- and on that note, I'd only go claw/claw when hell anya is available where the really worth while mods are open at your disposal.
- if you do respec, you only need 60 str (enough to don pretty much everything you need) and rest in vit.; when you get the runes make smoke, this along with rhyme and random charms will solve all of your res issues.
- also on that note, smoke has charges with weaken which makes boss battles more tolerable (eg, hell diablo if you're forced to face tank because you've been bone prisoned).
- end game you'll end up somewhere around ~1.6k hp give or take allowing you to tank random flayer exploders and what not.

that's all I can think of off the top of my head.. if you need more inspiration give this thread a skim through; it should help you out, if not at least it may give you a good laugh or two :rolleyes:

weirdball

Diabloii.Net Member
I do have a holy freeze merc its kinda helpful, but apparently runewords dont work in singleplayer? D':

okey

Diabloii.Net Member
google Runeword Mod for single player it should allow you to use ladder rune words for single player (it's pretty stupid how there's still this restriction).

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
I suggest to go shopping for +3 lightning sentry claws (nightmare Anya is probably best... if the portal next to her is still open). Having +6 from two of them instead of just +1 will provide a big damage increase. If you are lucky, you might even find one which has a bonus to all traps or assassin skills in addition!

Namtar

Diabloii.Net Member
Level 62 is a bit low, but if you've already cleared NM Baal, early Hell shouldn't be a problem. I've found Nightmare Act V to be more dangerous than Hell Act I. Or are you trying to repeatedly run NM Baal for more levels/gear and trying to find a way to make the process faster?