Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Level 45 under equipped paladin - where should I be?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by CorsairNU, Jul 5, 2010.

1. CorsairNU

CorsairNU IncGamers Member

Level 45 under equipped paladin - where should I be?

Topic says it all.

I currently have a level 45 zealot (20 in Zeal, 6 or so in sacrifice, another 6-8 in Fanaticism, I don't remember the exact lay out). My equipment sucks. This is my first (and thus highest level) character I've made since not playing for 4-5 years.

So where should I be playing? I have access to act 2 in nightmare, but even the sewers are kicking my but. I can play around in Act 1 in nightmare, but if I get surrounded by more than a handful of brutes, I go down hard.

Should I be trying to level? Should I be running something for gear? I can sort of solo Baal, but it takes a lot of time and work to get through his minions (the last wave of which often kills me 2-3 times). Meph doesn't seem to drop enough to be worth the time. I can keep running normal Pindle, who has given me some decent things, but again it is time consuming.

So tell me collective wisdom, what should my underequipped level 45 zealot do?

2. CorsairNU

Re: Level 45 under equipped paladin - where should I be?

follow up: Spirit looks like an awesome weapon, and it would help me out a lot. Where is the earliest I can reliably find a four socket sword though?

3. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

spirit is a terrible weapon for any non caster. generally for a no gear character you want to go with a caster. if you're stuck on doing a zealot, switch to a holy freeze zealot.

4. DoW Fanatic

DoW Fanatic IncGamers Member

Switching to holy freeze is a great suggestion. How lucky were you with runes drops so far? Strength and honor are great leveling runewords. Also, spirit in a pally shield or ancient's pledge would serve you well either way.

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

If you are on bnet, get Butcher's Pupil (unique axe) or Headstriker (unique sword), as well as Moser's Blessed Circle which is by far the best shield for your budget. Drop pdiamonds into its sockets. In your case, the easiest way to gain wealth for trading should be gathering pgems.

If you are on single player and you have to find everything on your own, start a sorceress, she is far better at reaching act bosses. Then do enough nightmare Countess runs until you have the runes for Spirit (used on a sword), Stealth, Rhyme, Insight and maybe Lore. Then make a few hundreds of hightmare Andariel+Mephisto runs, followed by the same in hell mode. Later on and each time Meph and Andy get too boring, switch to the Ancient Tunnels, Eldritch and Pindleskin. BTW, visiting normal Pindleskin is pointless, he isn't any special.

6. Arkansaw

Arkansaw Banned

not really doable now :(

7. CorsairNU

I can beat NM countess, it is just slow going. I have plenty of runes up to Sol. Looks like my only option is to gem farm and trade, otherwise I'll be stuck in nm act 2 forever.

8. krischan

In that case it should be no problem to buy the mentioned gear with a few of these runes.

Apart from that, make the mentioned runewords (Spirit in a sword with low reqs, Insight in an exceptional polearm, preferably ethereal, but don't waste time with looking for one, the runes are cheap), hang them on a sorc and her merc and do MF or collect pgems until your mouse runs hot ;)

9. CorsairNU

Need to find the appropriate items with sockets first... argh.

Out of curiosity, is there any reason I couldn't make both a Spirit sword and a Spirit shield and equip them both on the same sorc? They'd stack, right?

10. krischan

The lowest shield which can have 4 sockets is a monarch, with a str req of 156 and a level req of 54.

11. DoW Fanatic

DoW Fanatic IncGamers Member

Yes, you can do that and it will work just fine. However:

This is it as far as 'Spirit' shield options go for caster's other than paladins. Looking at the trade forum for your realm, you can probably already afford a "less than perfect" vipermagi armor with whatever pgems/runes you've found. Probably pick up some decent gear for you paladin as well.