Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

level 31 pvp barb

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by ViRuS777, Apr 1, 2004.

1. ViRuS777

ViRuS777 IncGamers Member

level 31 pvp barb

Well hardcore forum readers i was wondering if you could give me some advice on this level 31 pvp barb im thinking about creating. My idea is as follows, level 31 barbarian with max concentrate and bo for his level. For other skills would it be better to put points in shout/ironskin or pump up weapon mastery? Im planning on using +15 maxxed barb helm with +3 bo and hopefully some + concentrate, +15 maxxed 4 socket armor(ancient armor?gothic?ethereal?, whinstans shield with 15 max, deaths gloves and belt for ias and cannot be frozen, angelic jewelry, and either sanders or waterwalks.

For my weapon im using something a little unconventional and its my main reason for posting. Im planning on using coldeye steel cutlass, its the unique cutlass with about 30-75 damage, 50% deadly strike, and very fast. I wanted to use this because i think a lot of duels that go on are determined by who has the fastest attack and with a shael in the weapon ill have the fastest frame attack i believe for a barb. The deadly strike is also a huge bonus, doubling damage half the time. Just like low level duelers by using the low damage cleglaws sword i think this sword will have the same great affect. I also plan of using a combination of +max damage gc's(the +10 ones or close) and +13-15 life sc's, probably around half and half of both to obtain good life/damage ratios.

Any help will be appreciated. Is this build/weapon viable or should i jsut try to get eth ginthers like everyone else?

2. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Coldsteel eye is a common druid weapon for the level, and I would think its very good for a barb as well. For a shield, drop the whistans, and go with ATOD, otherwise, looks good to me. (Maybe twitch for the ias/blocking and all? I dont really know bout the armor on a 31 conc barb...)

-Matt

3. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

not really viable. i dont see how you can kill similar lvls, not even a lvl 25 kicksin. coldsteel eye... deadly strike is great, but i dont think you will kill with that. One word of advice, get more crushing blow.

4. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

I only really see Crushing Blow as seeing its full potential when used with really fast-attacking skills like Fury, Zeal, DTalon, and WW.

What lvl are IK Boots/Belt/Gloves? I thought they were something like 31. Maybe just use the Gloves and Boots so that you can still get the CBF from Death's Sash, or switch it out for String, or maybe use all three IK pieces (I forget the order of the partial bonuses). You could have a Rhyme Shield on switch with a dummy weapon so that you can charge at your opponent with some CBF, then switch to AToD/Coldsteel when you get in close. Just throwin' out ideas... the IK bonuses are rather ridiculous.

I would shoot for a 4-socket ethereal Ornate Plate, or maybe a high-defense rare with 2 sockets (harder to come by I'd imagine). You'll be pretty hard to hit as long as you're Conc'ing.

I personally think it could work, just watch out for people in the 33-37 range (39+ is pretty much a waste of your time).

EDIT: I see you down there Dahkar. :spy: Let us know how your MRI went (or did you tell us and I missed it?).

5. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

Ran the numbers. Unless you have UBER jewels and charms, leave this build alone.

If you have a +3 ww helm with +45 max dmg, a max plate and an ATOD accompanied with atleast 10 sharps...then you could do some respectable damage. Otherwise you're an ear waiting to happen. Simply put : You have a great wepon platform...but nothing enough to kill without help.

If you had a very fast amp wepon on switch, even better.

6. sonikki_

sonikki_ IncGamers Member

ATOD? whats that?

7. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Artisan's Tower Shield of Deflecting.

8. ViRuS777

ViRuS777 IncGamers Member

Ok, thanks for all the advice guys guesss i'll stay away from that weapon =\. i think im going to try a kicksin around the same level. Ive seen some before and they are usually pretty impressive even with low damage with their high kickspeed. If anyone knows anything about kicking ias(i cant figure it out even after reading assassin kick basics) and about what what kind of boots i should use(upgraded unique greaves?upgraded goblin toes?) Thanks guys.

9. HelzCaretaker

HelzCaretaker IncGamers Member

if you want my advice a lvl 27-29 zealot is a kickas$ dueler. Basically simply gear and a great attack. Basically if you're on sc use honor divince scepter with +3 conc/zeal/charge/vigor. Wpn will not do a ton of dmg but honors are great with deadly strike, strength, ar. Now as for rest of your gear, twitch with a 15 max deaths glove/belt, angelic ammy/ring and either soj 2nd angelic or a life/mana ring, boots sanders, shield 4 socket crown shield with 15 max dmg jewels 45 max crown/deathmask (crown looks better). As for charms get as many max/life charms as you can, otherwise go all life. Skills should be 3 into zeal 2 if you use an soj which gives you 5 swings, max conc, 1 pt into charge rest into sacrifice. This build can work wonders vs any melee character and would annhilate a kicker anyday of the weak.

Other builds to consider charger, max/life armor instead of twitch bfists instead of deaths gloves. Max charge and might, same wpn/shield/helm.

Conc barb, not unlike you describe but coldsteel is cheap/bad manners imo since it has slow on it. Best to get a nice rare naga/runesword or once again go with an honor wpn. Combo life life/max charms works nicely.

WW barb, basically can't get really exceptional gear at 31 for a ww barb, best to stand clear of this.

Fury druid, crushing blow druid works nicely but lack of shield = asking for trouble vs a good dueler.

Zon, jab doesn't do a lot of listed dmg but fast jab with critical strike and especially if you can land an amp jav is pure evil. Max block, slow missle vs range, dodge/avoid and an interuptable attack is nice.

Fireball sorc, basically max fireball/firebolt 1 pt mastery and then +2helm/+2wand with fcr/+2 ammy/vipermagi/magefists etc. A good sorc can tank well enough and do so much dmg that she's hard to kill.

Assns, trappers are best assn build you can have at that lvl, basically max wake of fire rest into synergies (1 pt bos +skills take care of rest)

Mauler, yes maul owns 6 shael 1 handed wpn with either rhyme/whitsans, I suggest goblin toe boots for crushing blow, max armor/helm, string,bfists, angelics, combo sharp/life charms.

and many many others.

of course for any HC dueling build ethereal wpns for high dmg is better except on mauler since wpn will break fast.

10. HakkaII

HakkaII IncGamers Member

!!!!!!

I have a lvl 31 200 1hand dmg exec 20%ias (clean). perfect ww wep @ that lvl.

HaKKa

Europe hc