Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Level 30 Hammerdin...

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Still-Xey-Lover, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Still-Xey-Lover

Still-Xey-Lover IncGamers Member

Level 30 Hammerdin...

Allo, i tried searching but i couldn't find Matt's old hammy pker. Basically i want opinions on gear, and suggestions on skills. First off heres what i have for gear: +2 combat 10 fcr res all ammy (lvl 30), gonna buy a +2 combat circlet with 20 fcr and res all (lvl 30), 35 fcr spirit sword, i will make a spirit pala shield (you can do that right?), magefists and heres where i'm stuck. Tearhaunch seem pretty nice for boots but i'm not sure what to choose for the rest of the gear. *IF* i roll a 35 fcr shield then all i would need is either Viper (forget how much fcr it has) or a 10 fcr ring to reach 125 fcr. But if i use viper i think i'll reach 125 regardless of the fcr on my shield, especially if i use 2x 10 fcr rings. Obviously 2x sojs would be wonderful for this build but i really dont wanna use such a valuable item on a low level charas it seems like a waste. Next up: merc. I have an eth honor partizan (thanks helz :p) i could use on one but i assume an insight would be much better for the meditation. Put on some max gear and teh merc owns. I don't have many susts, if any at all so this pala will have low life so i will probably pruby his armor/helm. Lastly, skills: max bhammer for the level, as much in conc as i can get, 1 in holy shield? and rest in synergies. Sorry if this is really messy/poor grammar but im |\|3\/\/|3 and i just woke up. Thanks in advance for the responses.

2. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

Vmagi = 30
    Dual spirit = 70
    Magefist = 20

You just need 5 more.. go with a nice fcr ring and you can do without the fancy helm/ammy.

Lucky

3. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

From the Sorc Forum Knowledge Library:
    That's what you need to do for maximum damage, after maxing Blessed Hammer of course.

Besides that, at least 1 in Vigor, 1 in Holy Shield and Charge, 1 in Salvation, optional 1 in Resist Cold.

4. Still-Xey-Lover

Isn't the fancy helm better than a pcrown though?

5. LuckyDwarf

What I mean is that you can use a regular +2 circlet/ammy, instead of going farther out of your way to get them with FCR.

Lucky

6. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

This sounds like a good build, maybe I should try it :rolleyes:

7. Still-Xey-Lover

I already have the ammy, and the circlet is only like 2 fg, so tis not a big deal. :D

8. Shadobndr

Shadobndr IncGamers Member

Just curious what wepon do ya use, i been mulling over this on my hammerdin.
    I have a Suicide branch, and also a Eth heaven's light, which would be better?

9. LuckyDwarf

My weapon choice goes like this.

1) Hoto, if not available, use..
    2) Wizardspike, if not high enough level, use..
    3) Spirit, or Suicide if you're hurting for the FCR.

Lucky

10. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

Oh noes! Another nasty PK! Whatever you do, sure as hell don’t use:

Dual Spirit
    Vipermagi
    Magefist
    Cow King boots or (well, going to 32) waterwalks)
    One FCR ring
    Angelic ring+ammy for life, or a 909 to mana ring and maoim oak curio thingie
    Bladebuckle for FHR as belt, or string for PDR

Just don’t use those ok?

edit: ill leave this mess, as I DID NOT DO THAT! Crappy forum this is, oh yes!

11. Still-Xey-Lover

Lol..wouldn't tearhaunch be a better choice because of the +2 vigor, stats and res? Also is it worth getting a merc with eth honor partizan + max gear. With my conc he can have decent damage but i don't have any sort of tele attack so i can't get him on the target. Thanks in advance again :D

12. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Hum........Wonder if you get enuff range out of a level 30 Holy Freeze Merc? Another option might be a Bow *****, maybe 31 for Riphook. Bow ***** can get in range faster, maybe land a chill shot also.

If you arent porting then you waste your time on a Might guy with that ETH pole.

13. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

Hum. No. I'll explain why:

Resistances; 10% to all? Peanuts... a good +res pally shield + anya quest will fix a lot of the resistance problems anyway.
    Stats: What, +5 to Dex and Str? Cow King Boots add +20 to dex, so they win
    Faster run/walk: CK boots add 30%, Tearhaunch add 20%. no questions asked
    Requirement wise CK boots win
    And as for the +2 vigor... thats nice, but it doesnt add to the synergy you dummy ;), so all you gain is what, 3% faster run/walk? Not worth it imo. I'd even go for Sanders boots before I'd use Tearhanches... more stats (+10 str, +5 dex), and 40% runwalk.

Go for the Merc. You might not teleport, if you do manage to put someone in hit recovery, he can fix it really quick. Plus he keeps your mana up, which is nice.

14. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

So whats the skill points of this build?

Seems to me IIRC BHamma is like Charge where you actually gain more benefit by pumping the synergys vs the actual skill at low levels?

If this is the case then isnt BH going to be damn cheap on enrgy and have no real need for mediation?

Could be wrong here its been a long time......

15. PawnOfChaos

PawnOfChaos IncGamers Member

Hammerdins work well at that lvl, just don't duel a charger :)

I once convinced a mid 30's hammerdin with perfect gear (soj's and all according to the rest of the game) to duel my 39 eth-headstriker charger by saying I couldn't be eth-spire (which is what he thought I was) because I used holy shield. He thought I was a zealot or something. His hammers did something like 450 pvp to me, but he died in 1 shot, so meh.

You're gonna need some kinda tele, I'd get a staff on switch. Also beware of the truly dangerous mid-30's pvp builds... boners. I learned the hard way about their potency.

Its just hard to say what hammerdins are good against in duels at that range. Kickers for sure you'd have an advantage against, probably a zealot if they exist at that lvl, but what else?

Fury wolf's would have to close, but they'd have nice life (though hammer field could take out oak, which might be gg).

WW'ers would be a natural target, but they'd be 2 handed and capable of killing you in 1 ww, even with your max block, and they should have more than enough life to ww through some hammers before being able to juv.

You'd own my brother's eth-honor naga zerker, but good luck finding 30's zerker pvp barbs besides his (which is kinda retired).

You could die to a cs zon, I've seen it done. But then they would prolly play defensively and use range attacks, tele would really help you here.

Meh, I'm going off on a tangent. There are some nice hammerdins out there (or at least there were a few months ago), so some people here could give you advice on who they can kill.

16. Still-Xey-Lover

Ok well i have a few more questions. Is +1 pala/all skills better than +2 combat skills, and should i go for max block?

17. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

1) No.
    2) Why wouldn't you?
    Read the link in my first post. The only things you'd need other than pure damage are Holy Shield (and Charge prereq), Vigor, and maybe Salvation.

18. Still-Xey-Lover

Would the dmg difference be big enough to hassle over +2 combat helm/ammy?

19. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Does anyone still have that link to taht German site where you can play around with all the atts and crap? Hell it may not be around anymore.

20. Still-Xey-Lover

So phat if i have 10 in blessed aim (synergy) i should only have 1 in conc?