Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Level 3 Characters in Hell

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by TheNewHammerInTown, Apr 12, 2005.

1. TheNewHammerInTown

TheNewHammerInTown Diabloii.Net Member

Level 3 Characters in Hell

Hi,
    I have noticed characters that are only level 3 in Hell. Somehow they have managed to avoid the Lvl 20 requirement to do the Ancients. How have they managed to do this? How is it possible to rush a player right through to Baal in Hell with such a low level?

2. masakerr

masakerr Diabloii.Net Member

Yes sir it is. The only catch is you have to have a character that can actually complete the required quests (i.e. a level 20 and a level 40).

Most people just get one character to level 40 and your friends make a new character, level 1, to tag along and get the quests.

I'm sure blizzard will stop that little trick on their next patch (holding my breath).

Masa

3. TheNewHammerInTown

TheNewHammerInTown Diabloii.Net Member

SO you are saying the Lvl 40 makes the game and then the Level 1 joins and gets the quest when the Lvl 40 beats the Ancients or does the Level 1 create the game?

4. Oscuro

Oscuro Diabloii.Net Site Pal

It actually has nothing to do with the Ancients.

* Create a game in which the last quest of act V is available to be completed. It does not matter which character creates the game.

* If a character is in The Worldstone Chamber when Baal dies (i.e. gets credit for the last quest), all other characters in that character's party that are in act V (including town) also get the quest.

5. Chaossblade

Chaossblade Diabloii.Net Member

but i thought you can't access the portal to the worldstone keep. so this would mean that all people have to to is join a baal run game, wait and then tada! they get slaughtered in nightmare...

6. djIgneo

djIgneo Diabloii.Net Member

Usually in baal run games if they kill baal, they already have the quest. If they don't kill baal it wouldn't do you any good anyway so that's usually not an easy way to sneak a lvl 1 through.

7. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

The points of rushing low-level characters through all of the game are:

Getting the hellforge quest reward (and probably the Larzuk reward as well)
    Getting stats/skill points/bonus life quest rewards, so you have a better low-level dueler
    Having a mule who can enter any act of the game in any difficulty level (also useful for retrieving Annihilus and Gheed's)
    Being a k3w1 1337 d00d with a L1 patriarch

8. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 Diabloii.Net Member

The Baal quest is a quest just like every other quest in the game: if someone gets credit for completing the quest, all characters in the same act get credit. You get credit for completing the baal quest when you are watching him die.

That's what the "Baal 4 Quest" games are for: someone wants to move to the next difficulty level. I tend to be a nice guy, so I log in my mule/forgerunner first, to verify that the quest is available and to make sure I'm in the game in case it fills up. Then I ALT-TAB to the other game and log in my lvl 91, who'll help the game creator with the baal quest (or do it solo, I don't care what the other guy does, as long as he gets quest credit).

The game creator watches Baal die, and everyone --- most importantly my mule/forgerunner in town --- gets credit for it and advances to the next difficulty.

The same strategy works for the other act bosses as well; Duriel in particular. It's always "interesting" to see people come in, notice that we are already in the tomb, and leave a few minutes before we kill Duriel (or talk to Tyrael, for the hairsplitters) because they think they won't get the quest without getting staff and amulet and summoner quests first. They are just wasting their time.

It's best to think of it in terms of a "quest relay": someone who needs a quest needs to be around when "the thing" happens, but he will relay the quest credit to everyone in the act. I usually put my mule into the area when killing Diablo, though, since some people still manage to get killed (sorry guys, I can't completely shut down diablo...), and they hit ESC --- if Diablo dies while they are in town the quest gets lost. So if my mule is there then it doesn't matter what they do.