Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Level 19 Zealer Help

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Akukami, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

Level 19 Zealer Help

I've never made a good LLD Zealer at Level 19, and I don't know whether I should sink the points into Might or Sacrifice. I know that I need 4 points into Zeal for the 5 hits, 1 to Smite and Charge, and that's about it. I have no idea how to calculate damage, nor do I want to fill my knowledge with this trivial information like that. (I have better information to fill my mind with. :grin: )

Can someone help me figure out the maximum damage? I'm working with 30 Skill Points, and I'm putting 1 point into each Resist. Also, this is a Pure Vita build.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

- Akukami

2. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Are you going to have +skills anywhere ?
    Cause that would mean you could get one less point in zeal and more points in sacrifice.

This might work well :
    1 might
    1 blessed aim
    2 conc (+75% damage)
    14 sacrifice
    4 zeal

Zeal :
    Mana cost: 2
    Attack Rating: +40%
    Damage: +168%
    Max number of targets: 5
    [Synergy] Sacrifice: +168% Damage (12% / Lvl)

That will cost you 22 skillpoints, which you should have within normal at level 19.
    If you also get the Nightmare and Hell skillpoints, max out sacrifice and put the remaining two in zeal since that will raise your ar and damage.

Another option is to use some of the sacrifice points and stick them into the individual resist aura's. It'll mean less points into sacrifice, but you will be well defended against elementalists.

You could also consider 1 point in smite and 1 in charge to get to your target faster. But that will offcourse go at the expense of your zeal damage (12% less weapon base damage+str bonus per point taken from Sacrifice.)

For a lld I would probably allways go for item reqs and the rest in life.

3. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

I like the 2 into Conc idea, but I find that I'm more successul with a "Defensive" Zealot. What I mean by this is that the majority of LLDs on ESCCL are Chargers, and the best defense against them is none other than Holy Frost. The shield you have is obviously a big factor when it comes to facing a 2H Charger, but when you get hit, it hurts. But I notice that by slowing down the opponent w/ Frost after getting hit, if they're out of mana, they go into that slow attack speed from a failed Charge, giving me an opportunity to counter Zeal and Charge them until they die.

Time to move on to my next project: a Gnasher-less Level 19 Smiter. :shocked:

- Akukami

4. sculpen

sculpen IncGamers Member

I would advise maxing zeal. Additional points after 4 add 6% damage. The extra 40% more attack rating will more than make up for the damage lost after the pvp penalty. I plugged some numbers into the Chance To Hit equasion, and found that a little bit of AR can go a long way.

Also, maybe its just me, but it seems silly to wait for a 2h charger to come to you if, as you mentioned, you have a point in charge. Why not just chargelock his soft, unprotected body into oblivion until he dies? Ends the duel real fast. I've beaten level 24+ chargers with Bonesnap with my level 12 war hammer zeal/charger this way.

Either way, after maxing zeal, it comes down to personal preference in Sac vs Might. Sac gives you maximum zeal damage and is passive. Might gives less zeal damage, and needs to be active, but gives you a harder hitting charge. I'll PM you a helpfull link.

5. WarlockCC

I ran it trough the calc yesterday already, but I'll just do it again to point out why I picked this zeal/sacrifice ratio.

14 sacrifice and 4 zeal :
    Attack Rating: +40%
    Damage: +168%
    [Synergy] Sacrifice: +168% Damage (12% / Lvl)

4 sacrifice and 14 zeal :
    Attack Rating: +140%
    Damage: +108%
    [Synergy] Sacrifice: +48% Damage (12% / Lvl)

At level 19 you can have nice ED on weapons, so that 60% more damage will make a big difference. And for AR one should just wear Angelics.

6. sculpen

sculpen IncGamers Member

This comparisson shows 14 pts in Zeal, which is not possible in this situation.
    I agree with Warlock about 14 pts in Sac, as this is the maximum available after all other skills. I guess I was trying to say that IMO:

8 Zeal, 14 Sac
    AR: 80%
    Dmg: 192%

is better than:

4 Zeal, 18 Sac
    AR: 40%
    Dmg: 216%

You sacrifice only 24% Dmg for 40% more AR. Which happens to be the same ratio as above:laughing:. However, the Dmg loss is so much smaller now, after the PvP penalty, I just can't advise sacrificing the AR. I'm also assuming Angelics, Sigons, and possibly Hsarus being equipped; hell, the more +AR gear you have, the bigger bonus that extra 40% gives you.:shocked:

7. WarlockCC

After angelics, you don't need any further AR for lld. Presuming the said LLD will only chalenge sub 30 chars(higher is not advisable due to them having too much life and access to the level 30 skills).
    Zeal isn't bugged anymore in the sense that if the first one misses, all the other hits of that zeal attack also miss ? I would understand if this was the case.

Personally, I would just go for the damage, since Angelics will allow you to hit any sub 30 chars with ease. This is already true for a level 12, let alone a level 19.

8. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

I preface the following statements with the acknowledgement that I suck pvp, especially at attacks that aren't "area based" such as a WW baba's path, or a blizzer's dropping a cloud of frozen rain, or an orbers' swath of bolts.

while my new lld, at lvl 18 is still lacking a pair of gloves, even with full angellics, I was having a fit of a time against that freezing aura he uses, 2 charges, and mana bulb empty. one missed charge, I end up in slow motion missed charge motion, and he can go either charge with essentially stun locking me, or zeal with that nasty flail he has.

I tossed on hawkmail, and used cold rez aura. pretty much still resulted in me getting owned. I got him to 1 life, once, with my sback and 58 dmg war hammer, but in that same melee, he killed me in my last ditch charge at him.

I may not be cut out for lld mode, due to the frustration of no mana. that being said, I due intend to finish him regardless. (he's still lacking den of evil skills, the life quests of act 3, and hell raddy/izzy)

since I can't find my bloodfists for that extra life, I may try frosties instead, for more mana. I may also remake, I put quite a bit into str, thinking that I may eventually go two handed charger mode, when in reality, I should probably get used to with a near vita build first.

regardless, I need lots of practice :eek:

edit: I mentioned frosties, without even thinking about the lvl req of same. guess they may not be an option. this is admitedly a new way of thinking for me, as I rarely, if ever consider char level when looking at an item to equip/use. :eek: