Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lev 9 pvp sacadin

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by remcodr, Mar 28, 2004.

1. remcodr

remcodr IncGamers Member

Lev 9 pvp sacadin

Need some suggestions on this 1 :)
    Equip: 3 sock mask, 3 sock breast 4 sock shield jada jada standaard stuff. Prolly with 8 and 9 max jewels bc i dont feel like going 4 11+ today :).
    Charms all 15 life large charms or something close to it.
    Rings: 2x nagel with close to 75 ar.
    Amy: 2 str 10 life amy with some resis.
    I know there are better things out there but they are really hard to find :).
    Now the discuss parts: The belt, boots and weapon slots.
    Belt im kinda doubting between hsarus and deaths.
    Boots wil prolly be gorefoot, or hsarus.
    Gloves: bloodfist or deaths?

Now the weapon... The main doubt is cleglaws sword or an eth war axe//flail thing socked with jewels.
    Can some1 give me any advise on which 1 to take? And which weapon would be best, eth 5 sock flail or eth 6 sock waraxe. I dont really know how ias works with a skill like sacrifice. Any tips welcome here :)
    Remco

2. SiRKONE

SiRKONE IncGamers Member

the standard gear sounds about right but you need to find some life leech to offset the sacrifice damage to yourself. Im unsure if death gloves + belt gives life leech but you need at least 7% or 8% :scratch:

(I havent low level pked in awhile ><)

3. Christor

Christor IncGamers Member

Go with death's belt and gloves. The 8% life leech will offset the 8% damage to self, plus you'll have "cannot be frozen." Not to mention a nice 30% IAS.

4. remcodr

remcodr IncGamers Member

Ty

Will the 30 ias help archieving another frame with a war axe? Im not that worried about the 8% damage bc that wont be more then 30 damage with each strike and thats something i can always take or pot away :)
    Would you guys go with max block? you need quite some dex with a targe or rondache 4 that :/

5. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

You don't need to have LL. You will receive 8 damage for every 100 you do to you opponent. He will be long dead before you need to replensish your life. However, you do need to drink super red pots, not to compensate that 8%, but your opponents attack.

6. kardinaal

kardinaal IncGamers Member

Would you guys go with max block? you need quite some dex with a targe or rondache 4 that :/

Go with one of the heavier types of pally shields. Which one depends on your strenght.

Also, consider using a scepter (the ones that get 5 sockets). If you're lucky you can get +3 sac and/or might for a nice damage boost.

7. Christor

Christor IncGamers Member

The 30% IAS will give you a 12-frame attack, as opposed to a 14-frame attack that you'd have without it.

8. Kaffe

Kaffe IncGamers Member

6 socketed military pick. Slightly faster, and one more socket than a flail.

For shield, a rondache or targe with 3 sockets and ed/res and some j00ls can prove good, max block should be doable. Even with high defense, a lvl 12 PK or PvP character who knows what he is doing should have more AR than you. That means 75% block is (usually) 75% less damage taken. Remember you only get 3 life per vitality point. So 15 life charms would make up for the most of life spent on block. Btw, anything else than a rondache or targe would have too high clvl reqs (class-specific does that...)

IMO, pelta is good if you don't want a class-specific or want to spend the extra j00ls. You could also scout for a rare Bone Shield of Deflecting with res. all and strong mod. Those can add quite a lot of defense, stats, life, etc, etc. Had a damn nice one in SoftCore...

9. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

4 socks is max, so try get a plain rondache or targe from Hell difficulty with 50% ED/100 AR and socket it for 4 socks. Then you socket it with 4 +max-dmg jewels :)

Read this for some inspiration:
    http://www.hemsida.net/mnswe/Diablo2/Hunter/hunter_start.htm

/Magnus

10. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Veru true, you shouldn't care about the LL. That's what pots are for, especially the purple ones ;)

/Magnus

11. remcodr

remcodr IncGamers Member

heh

Thats the source 4 my inspiration :). After my failed hunting with a kicker i saw you had some succes with a lev 9 pala. Since the hunthing still sounds very fun to me Im trying again :).
    First pala wont be tweaked to the bone, i can always make a tweaked second version :)

12. HelzCaretaker

HelzCaretaker IncGamers Member

basically wpn choices are this, for 11 fps a good flail/military pick/war scepter is your buddy here. Either a good eth rare pick or scepter or a socketed one of the 3 is you best bet. For 10 fps you can use a low dmg wpn, khalims will, but then you lose a lot of dmg that way. The 50% deadly isn't that great for a sacdin since you get way more dmg out of a socketed wpn then you would out of 50% deadly. The deadly can do you good though since 50% deadly allows for max higher potential- 1400 pvm vs 1.1k pvm. But I'd say a good jeweled one is better since you can get lower reqs then cleg sword or +skills from a scepter.

13. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

Clegs sword really shines when in the hands of a well-equipped zealot. The deadly strike triggers a lot then, and it tends to kill people.

14. Kaffe

Kaffe IncGamers Member

One can always Hel the Cleg sword, or put a -req jewel with rusty mod on it.

But I beleive we're talking about a lvl 9:er here. And I have to agree with most others, a socketed one is better. 50% Deadly vs. Maybe twice to triple max damage on the weapon is better.

I use Khalim's on a Werebear, and the damage is horrid. I really wouldn't recommend it for a pally, especially one who needs to pump max damage.

Also, consider boosting defense. It requires pretty much all strength. But with enough Def. Rating, most characters below lvl 15, even with eth will have a hard time hitting. Downside though is that just about anyone with angelic's will hit you...