Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lets UBER W/ SORC!

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by krispix, Oct 17, 2006.

1. krispix

krispix IncGamers Member

Lets UBER W/ SORC!

HAHA Yo umay think I'm joking..but I'm serious..
    I'm going to try ubering with a sorc.

I think I discovered a build but I'm not sure.
    Before I post anything I want to know what people think about uber tristing.
    Is it just for smiters?

The build I'd probably use for this would be a fire one...
    The only problem so far with my equipment is Baal..He seems like he'd be a problem...
    Heres my ideas!

Skills:
    Cookie Cutter ^^
    I'd go pure meteor with one into teleport...You don't need energy shield for this cause the dumb monsters will heal you faster than they can hurt you..Trust me..I sat last night for an hour in group of 30 of the inferno shooter guys and Diablo in the back.

The problem was I couldnt get him cause my sorc is a HydraOrb build for fun..I was jsut helping a friend Smiter.

I'd go meteor cause this way you can reach Diablo if hes in the back of the crowd and its stronger then some cold bolts from orb hitting him every now and then...

You will need a lot of faster hit recovery gcs if possible .. this will speed the killing diablo up a lot!

Ok
    Now for equipment:

Fire facet Shako: Can try umed..but the bonus damage will help a lot for fire I think...

Chain of Honors: Great! +2 skills with nice resist

Escutchtas: with a fire facet is best if you ask me for weapon.

Spirit shield or a simple umed or P Diamond in lidless would do

Belt: Arachnids

Boots:...Use your imagination..I dont know crap abut shoes eh...
    Hmm...

Jewelry...This is where it gets tricky ^^

You will need a rising sun amulet for this build to work
    I picked meteor over blizz for this type of job for one reason..
    rising sun is for fire skills..+2 fire skills and the thing you need it for is because its 60% fire absorb..

Here..I'll explain Rings in how to take each boss..

You will need more fire absorb if Diablo ends up wanting to hit you more melee over fire and lightning so you should probably get two Dwarf rings

Diablo:you should use Dwarfstar rings for 15% bonus fire absorb giving you 90% You should probably do like I did and get mobbed by some of the fire guys so you atleast keep getting health back for sure..This will be probelm in the long run if you don't have lots of hit recovery...Otherwise Diablo doesnt get life back so I guess you can kill him slowly.

Dont try killing the inferno guys..sorry I just cant think of their names..I never remember names of monsters in diablo 2...

you should self explanatory..just meteor diablo to death...

Ok now for Mephesto:
    This is where you need to change something..
    Instead of Dwarfstars of Stonesof Jordans..you have to switch your rings to Frost for the absorbs of the ice.

If any one knows of ring or amulet that gives absorbtion of lightning want to tell me? THANKS

This is where it gets harder...because he will keep lightning..blizzing...and meleeing you..oh yeah..and poisoning you..
    Best bet is putting him in one of those nice buildings and with your rising amulet still on get some inferno buds by you. They will help you live while you meteor Meph inside of the building with you outside..unless that doesnt work ...and then go on inside...

Baal:....Ok help please...omg how would you kill him? My best bet is inferno guys to keep you alive..but on those Dwarf rings for mor fireabsorb and then Meteor him..He teles...so ...just i guess...comment please? lol

2. bobofuzzlymunky

bobofuzzlymunky IncGamers Member

if your resist is any good at all no poison/ice in uber trist shouldnt scratch you. it will tickle you with spirit/anya/ coh.

3. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

Yeah, that shows the bastard.....NOT

Uber D is immune to Fire... :scratch:

4. krispix

krispix IncGamers Member

It doesn't say Diablo is immune to fire in the game..why not? it does for all the other monsters! This may new may have totally just ruined my creation! lol

I guess if what yous ay is true...I could make a blizz sorc! Cept..I dont have any of the things needed for that...Want ot help? Eh?

5. xniteman

xniteman IncGamers Member

Yes, Diablo in Uber Trist is immune to fire, even though it doesn't say it...

And Uber Baal is immune to cold so a blizz sorc won't work..

And Uber Meph is immune to lightning and poison...

So basically any single tree build won't work.

6. xniteman

Also you need to stop their life regen so take a bow (or a throwing weapon so you can still equip a shield) with open wounds and have a poison sc in your inventory.

Having their life regen stopped, you should be able to kill them with a good dual tree build (although it would probably be slow, make sure you get an LR wand and ideally an infinity merc) if you can keep yourself alive.

7. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

Uber D's fire resist is 110, so is the cold resist of Uber Baal and Izzy, and lightning/poison resist of Uber Meph. This means LR wand won't help, because the highest you can get only gives lvl3 LR, which lowers resist by 41. To break their immunity, you need at least lvl7 LR for -51 resist. Keeping merc alive will prove to be very hard, and using Infinity yourself obviously doesn't sound good either, so is there a way to get lvl7 LR on a sorc? Yes and no, the unique Aegis Medusa's Gaze has 10% chance to cast lvl7 LR on struck (see how blizzard teases you:smiley:). I'll just leave it to you to figure out how you can meet 219str requirement, get 10 hits on average to trigger the LR and still stay alive:wink3:

8. xniteman

Umm, looks doable. So you can still do single tree, cool.

9. Noite Escura

Technically, if you use Blizzard you only need to break Baal's immunity. Keep in mind though, that those Pit Lords summoned there have 145 resist to anything but physical. Good luck avoiding those pests...

10. krispix

krispix IncGamers Member

Noite..You should have read my whole thing and if you did you forgot to realize you can still use the rising sun amulet for the pit lords. They arent annoying to my hydraorb sorc..I actually run around looking for them everytime I need a heal. I get hit by inferno and im ready to go ^^
    Problem with my fireorb sorc is 500 damage orb and 2.5k hydra isn't enough to kill the ubers fast enough...

And now I find out that they are all immune to some elemental...ehh...I have to think some more on my build and I'll let you all knnow asap what I think of ^^

11. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

How in the world would a sorc solo the uber-town? Near as I can tell, uber-town has been done with elite melee builds (smiters, barbs, wolves, etc), I've seen FooSoft's video of a summoner doing uber-town, but how would a sorc survive it?

Good luck in your plans, I look foward to hearing how you did it!
    Kirah

EDIT: Scratch that. I just saw Dreamofwinter video. Man, that's tough!

12. Noite Escura

Yeah, I saw, but I was referring to your merc, because you can't make him overabsorb as you did yourself. The idea that was going thru my mind was that if you could in some way get a conviction merc alive to break Baal CI( I don't think the Medusa Gaze would work), then you could kill him and go for the other 2, without needing any conviction at all.

Yes, DreamOfWinter did it with a melee/Blizzard hybrid :shocked: . With a pure caster, is yet to be seen...

13. xniteman

You can take infinity yourself, and some ranged weapon in alt for OW.
    Yes you lose some skill levels and some fcr, but the difference is not night and day.
    You also lose some resists this way, but you will have to stack your resists anyway against Meph.

14. ultradank

ultradank IncGamers Member

15. xniteman

This is DreamOfWinter's build, it has been mentioned. And as said, it's not a pure caster build.