Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Let's try this again, shall we?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Rygun, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Rygun

Rygun IncGamers Member

Let's try this again, shall we?

Now come on guys, out of that whole "Rich but Lost Orb Sorcy", nobody ever told me what I should be wearing for an uber PVM sorceress. Heart of the Oak, Stormshield, come on now guys, help me out. And I wasn't trying to show off, I was just stating that fact that I am a rich mofo, and I want to do something with it. Contact me on USEAST LADDER battle net, PaulH0817, if you want to play with me, make trades, what have you. Now PLEASE, I have a 12 sorceress with no skills, and no stats yet, and I am LOST, utterly lost :scratch: .....so PLEASE help me, lol. IF SO, WORSHIP, PURE WORSHIP :worship:

2. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

well since you can afford anything you want ... try looking at the meteorb sorc guide at the top it tells you all you need to know for a pvm sorc.

3. Rygun

Rygun IncGamers Member

well isnt that for a meteor/orb sorc, i am kind of looking into maybe a ORB/CHAINLIGHTNING sory, but not sure, lost, meteor is slow :hanky:

4. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

rich mofo as in......ebay tried and true.....?

12 sorcs nekkid? what? there aren't even that many variants, are there?
    pure fire
    pure cold (blizzard, or maximum orb)
    pure lightning
    meteorb
    cl/fo
    (bear)/enchantress

that's like 8 at most.....

unless you want to count block/vita variants in.....

you're really that lost? read some of the guides! they are everywhere!

and you sound like you have some time on your hands too. experiment!

you can also get me anytime during the night on USEAST LADDER at *nivek_reborn or *x.hellhunter.x

5. spellegren

spellegren IncGamers Member

Then try M0nk's CL/ORB guide maybe? :scratch:

Did you even look at the guides that are stickied up there?

BTW a well built Meteorb sorc kills quite quickly.

Have fun!

6. Rygun

Rygun IncGamers Member

so i should max cold mastery, frozen orb, meteor and fire mastery, putting me roughly around level 70 with most skill quests done, and doing decent damage with my skill calculator. my main problem is, i had a fireball sorcy doing 13k damage, with 23k meteor. that is with +15 to all fire skills. Folks, that is a big difference to go down to the 700 ORB damage i will be doing. AND MY FIREBALL DIDNT EVEN HURT MEPHY THAT MUCH. so i am very worried that i will waste yet another week of my time making a character. and no i dont ebay, father quit diablo, and gave me all of his stuff. so im just set. damnit all to hell, gotta read those huge things, seems like it wouldnt take but a paragraph to tell a guy how to make a sorcy. JEASE. getting upset about this *** damage, bc all of you guys know it is so ******** getting called a noob on bnet. people can ruin my night saying that. losing in duels, NEVER AGAIN, i must own all, I MUST! :winner:

7. m0nk

m0nk IncGamers Member

If we only make them a paragraph long then we have people like you asking a million different questions :flip: Take 5 minutes and read through one of them and you will probably have every question you can think of at the moment answered and then some

8. Rygun

Rygun IncGamers Member

lol point taken, touche....*spelling on touche, trying to sound JAMES BONDISH* :lol: MONK do you play on east or west, and ladder or non-ladder?

and what is better, HOTO, or FATHOM for PVM

9. m0nk

m0nk IncGamers Member

USEast Ladder

And HotO would be better.

10. spellegren

spellegren IncGamers Member

I have a lvl 92 Meteorb sorc, +9 skills, 12k-13k Meteor, 6-7k Fireball. With 75% resists and Max Block I teleport right into Meph's face, Static to half, then Meteor - Fireball - Fireball - Fireball - Meteor, repeat till he's dead. Maybe drink 2 Super Healing Pots during the fight if he gets lucky and hits me, he NEVER kills me, and my Merc lives 98% of the time. The trick to having your merc live is to keep Meph's attention on you by being closer to him then your merc is. She has a little less then 900 Life, but Max Block, Max Resists, and DR from Shako/Stormshield keeps her alive with no problem. However, Blizzard Sorc is faster for PURE Meph running, but I like Meteorb's versatility.

Think of the guides this way, taking that time to read them saves you the time of coming here and trying to get answers to your questions whenever one occurs to you. It also saves you a week of building a crappy char and having to start over. If you invest your time the right way the first time, you'll find you have much less "wasted time". Not just in gaming, but in life!

Have fun!

11. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

well why didnt you state what kind of sorc you wanted to make because that helps in telling you what you need. if you dont know what kind you wanted to be then i offered you a choice.

12. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

I think you should try a max fire bolt/icebolt and their mastery build. With your uber gear they might be actually viable.
    hoto gives +3
    shako +2
    mara +2
    2x soj +2
    Chain of Honor gives +2
    lidless +1
    magefist +1 fire
    Arachnid Mesh +1
    Silkweave (no skills but tons of mana)
    7 cold GC 7 fire GC with 50 life in each.

fire/cold fecets on every socketable items on you.

(edit haha I just did a calculation and ice bolt does 150 dmg at slvl 39 rofl, with CM it will be max of 300)

You can go pure fire with firebolt/fireball/meteor/mastery and 14 fire GC of vita, and do 20k FIREBOLT for 2.5 mana!!! It's the same damage as fireball at that level but it costs 10x as much mana, even though it is area of effect.

13. Rygun

Rygun IncGamers Member

wow, the last post, saying you can use 14 GRANDCHARMS, makes you the BIGGEST noob on this game. inventory allows for 40 small charms, which is only 10 grandcharms, 10x4=40 man, cant use 14 of them, wow

14. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Look.
    1 fireball hits meph, he's at 75 resist, it's more like 2500 dmg.
    A 700 listed orb hits him, takes him down to -100 resist, and suddenly he's taking 1400 PER SHARD, when it's possible to hit him with 10+ shards if you stand a couple real life inches away and have the orb explode right on him so he takes the most damage (my friend kills meph in 3 orbs, which is right after your first meteor landed)

15. NinxJutsu

NinxJutsu IncGamers Member

that was uncalled for...

16. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

Well I don't think he actually figured that I was painfully obviously joking. =[

17. amishamigo

amishamigo IncGamers Member

Hey, buddy, guess what.

My fire sorcie has a 4k fireball
    She has a 13k meteor

She still does more damage to meph then you.

The secret: keep a dagger of lower resist handy. This will double your killing speed or I'll give you your money back. When you cut his resist from 75 to 45, that means your fireballs will effectively do 5k instead of 2k. More then frozen orb's individual shards and when you can cast 3-4 times between meteors, it does a good bit of damage.

The charges are cheap to repair too.

18. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Lol honestly?
    My mf sorc does 11k fireball, 24k meteor, and an orb/blizzard sorc still kills WAY faster.

19. amishamigo

amishamigo IncGamers Member

Eh, well I don't have a problem with a 20 second kill. I'm not a speed demon but I do know that before a level one lower resist wears off he's a dead monkey.

Do try the lower resist. It does double your damage.

20. Rygun

Rygun IncGamers Member

good news guys, with all of your help, i own, at level 75, i am doing mephy and andy runs like nobodys business, i even switch over to gull and lidless at last second and kill with 400 mf

i have already found full tals set, woot

but, to apologize for being rude, sorry man, didnt knwo you were joking

and to answer yalls argument, orb owns for some odd reason, i can kill with my hoto, and other gear, in 2 orbs easy, my mastery is at -185%, mephy only has 95 to all resist i think, so im hitting him with what, +90% cold dmg?? that is .9 x base 500 = 450, which added to 500 = 950 dmg. which is very nice considering that is per shard. and rumor says that the actual orb, has 4-8x that dmg. 8x950 is alot my friends, alot. but that is rumor. but as i have noticed, if orb does explode on him, i sometimes get one hit ko on him, and, i just found a cold skill charm, and just, sadly, ebayed again, and bought 4 more, so i have 10 cold skill charms, anni charm, hoto, shako, maras, 2x soj, enigma, that is 23 to cold skills, yes sir, 23 to cold skills, but, that is soon to come, right now im only at 13, but thanks for all the help, im on my way to being godly guys, hope the ladder doestn start over, lol

and my cl and my light suck ***, they are all at 20, chain, light, and mastery, and i still only do like 2k chain, and 2.5k light, not enough to kill much, wish i would have done, orb/fireball, DAMN ME, DAMN ME :rant: