Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lets Talk Bowzons

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Gambitsreturn, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Gambitsreturn

Gambitsreturn IncGamers Member

Lets Talk Bowzons

Hi guys,

I know there has to be other peeps out there that love bowzons as much as I do. I would like to know what everyones bowzons look like. What lvl are/were they? What type of bowzon? What gear they used? If they died, how? In addition, what would your dream bowzon look like?

I personally haven't created a real great bow zon since the good old days when ms+wf owned cows. I just made a wws, ms bowa to run the flayer jungle, however I really screwed her up. I thought it would be fun to max ms!!! Uhhh.......although it looks cool, it cost about 24 mana per shot, at skill lvl 21!:shocked: Thats not gonna work. I think I will remake her and invest maybe only 8-10 in ms. I was also planning on maxing valk, guided arrow, and penetrate, 1 into all passives, and the rest into crit strike. I was going to use Treachery armor, Kiras, LoH, Travs, Cats Eye, Noscoil and 2x Ravenfrost. I was originally thinking of only getting my vitality to about 100 and putting the rest into dex, but I'm not sure if this is such a good idea anymore. What do yall think?

I have never really put much thought into what my dream bowzon would look like, but it would most likely have to be a really leet IceMatron.(Thats what there called right?) I would want her to use an Ice bow, maybe nightwing, and possibly CoH armor. Merc would use a sick Infinity cv.

Thanks in advance for any replies. Remember to include your dream bowzon.:grin:

-gambit

2. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Christine_Jean
    Lvl ** Strafer

Gear:
    Kira's Guardian (Um)
    Cat's Eye
    Windforce (Shael) / WWS (Nef Shael)
    'Treachery' Wire Fleece
    Laying of Hands
    Razortail
    War Traveler
    Ravenfrost
    Beast Coil (+2 min dmg, 6% LL, +13 dex, 28/8/25/8 resists)

Skills (after +3 from Torch):
    16 Critical Strike (65%)
    4/5/8 D/A/E (34%/45%/44%)
    8 Pierce (65%)
    23 Penetrate
    23 Valkyrie
    23 Strafe
    4 Freezing Arrow
    8 Multiple Shot

Stats (after gear):
    158 str
    427 dex
    73 vit
    28 energy

721 life (I've stripped some of her charms... she can still clear CS pretty easily though)
    205 mana

75/75/60/35 resists before Fade

300-2994 Strafe before Venom and Might
    529-3237 Strafe with Venom
    639-4392 Strafe after Venom and Might (800-5307 Guided)

I made her mostly just to dish out a ton of damage with relatively cheap gear. She's competely useless against act bosses and leveled all the way to ** doing solo Chaos runs without once killing Diablo (on her own that is).

Dream gear would be about the same, only with a 'Faith' Merc so that I could hit 7-frame Multi.

EDIT: Oh right, your Zon. Your gear looks good, but that skill setup is, well, not. Maxing Guided for PvM will get you laughed at in the Zon Forum; Strafe is generally the way to go. Max Strafe, Penetrate, Valk, 1 pt FA with Crit, Pierce, and D/A/E to the point where you want them, then dump any remaining points into Multi.

3. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

Its my understanding that any mods like Critical Strike, and Crushing Blow, etc. are only carried by the center 2 arrows when using multi-shot. But every strafe fired arrow carries the CS and/or CB mod with it.

That is a big part of the reason why Strafe > Multi

Edit: Oh, and my bowazon was ~lvl 50 using a WWS (Shael, Shael), might merc, and some other crap she was deffinetly not finished, but she was a lot of fun to play. The skills were going to be pretty much the same as pt's. She didn't kill as well as a FO sorc in NM for example, but she killed decently and when Amp triggered stuff just melted. She didn't die btw, I deleted her.

-hps

4. Gambitsreturn

Thx for the posts guys! I know that bowzons may not make the best hc chars, but I expected more people to respond to this thread. PT, was there ever a time where you thought that 78 vit wasn't good enough? I didn't know that only the center 2 arrows in ms got the extra bonus from cs and stuff. This kind of changes my mind about choosing ms over strafe. Maybe I will try strafe next time. Have yall ever made a pure cold zon?
    Thanks again for your replies.

-gambit

5. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

78 vit isn't enough, but that wasn't the point. :tongue:

It's "chance to cast ____" that only works on the center 2 arrows, not percentage stuff like CB, CS, DS, and OW. If that were the case, I think Multi would be completely useless.

All this means is that a Multi Zon won't get as much benefit from, say, Atma's ammy as a Strafer would.

6. Gambitsreturn

Thx for clearing that up for me PT.

7. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

sawwy

-hps

8. Gambitsreturn

I still <3 joo Hp, even though you almost made me hate my fav skill.:wink3:

9. desklampz

desklampz IncGamers Member

oO-PhewPhewPhew

Love the name xD

lvl 76 straffer so far

Max Valk (Trust me on this one a high lvl Valk is NUTS)
    Max Straff (Duh ;))
    Max Penetrate (High AR always helps)
    50%/50%/50% D/E/A
    60% Critical hit

Dont ask me why but i str bug my Newb cannon i love it, Also i got a WWS on switch the 40 all Rez helps. Also did I mention STR bugged Newb cannon plus valk helm looks awsome ? Durrie Shell, Ik belt, Laying off hands cheap gloves and work wonders, Boots War travs work ok bit of mf wont hurt to pit run.

:fortuneteller: I predict 4 os eth polearms :D

Im realy too cheap to buy a WF atm I need to buff my sorc to mf whit her then to buff my zon but il see how it will go xD.

10. Full_Circle

Full_Circle IncGamers Member

I don't have an exact set of gear for my ideal bowazon, but she'd definitely have TStrokes on switch. Bowazons require so few skills to be effective (well, somewhat effective... it is a bowazon, after all), that there's no reason not to spend 40 skills to have a decent charged strike for physical immunes & bosses. So, yeah... I guess my ideal bowazon is a javazon. Go figure.

11. Gambitsreturn

Lol, thanks for the imput Treb and desklampz. Treb, I would never have guessed that your fav zon is a java.:rolleyes:

12. HCKull

HCKull IncGamers Member

If mana is problem then get merc with insight and you will have almost unlimited mana. Might need to increase the mana pool a bit also.