Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lets Talk Baal Runs!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by halohalo, Feb 11, 2004.

1. halohalo

halohalo IncGamers Member

Lets Talk Baal Runs!

I've seen ppl posting their pindle/meph run results. Here goes my BAAL run results :D

Lvl 91 skellimancer, 417% mf normally, 542% mf on switch
    Runs Pindle->Eld->Shenk->Baal and takes about 15 minutes per run.
    The posted items are only part of the drops in the game.
    I have excluded many exceptional uniques such as hone sundan.
    I have only recorded items that could be traded.

1. nothing
    2. nothing
    3. marrowwalk
    4. nothing
    5. Eth Zerker :D
    6. nothing
    7. nothing
    8. IK maul
    9. Kuko Shakaku
    10. nothing
    11. nothing
    12. Alibaba
    *gained 2m gold to gamble to find nothing
    13. nothing
    14. Whitstan's guard
    15. nothing
    16. nothing
    17. Baranar's, Hell Slayer, 15% nagel, Dury shell
    18. nothing
    19. nothing
    20. nothing
    21. Nagel 26%, AMN
    22. Gimmershred, Razor's Edge, Warcries charm
    *got bored and ran diablo to find : AMN, IK maul
    *gained 2m gold to gamble and found +2barb/8Max/15Allresist Circlet
    23. nothing
    *tried diablo again to find nothing
    24. nothing

These 24 runs were made in 3 days. That is, about 2 hours a day.
    The best fortune was ofcourse the Eth Zerker, which has nothing to do with high mf :)
    While doing these runs, I died once, by black souls, and gained about 1/3 of whole exp needed to lvl up to 92.
    Not on the list, but my past findings are : Trang helm x2, mav helm, full bul-katho's set, Eth CB, 2x gimmershred and many more.

I'm a necro, but i heard hammerdins are fine too. I'd like to share your findings and/or special know-hows in running baal. If you ask me, i've found Crushing Blows on merc being VERY useful in killing baal. B4, it took 3 minutes only to take down baal, and now less than 30 sec! It's a wonder.

2. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

Very interesting post....

I have a lvl 76 skellimancer and just started doing pindle/baal runs. I die often yet :thumbsup:

His mf is 141 now...so nothin special. He's found maybe 3 uniques. However, one was METALGRID on lvl 3 worldstone back when his mf was a whoppin 50 :clap:

3. eatbeef

eatbeef IncGamers Member

i try to get in 3-5 solo baal runs a day and i must say i am having about as much luck as you. i only have about 21 mf. my lvl 90 javazon makes the run pretty quick. only problim i encounter are black souls in the throne, if they are there i just leave and start a new game. zak-ss-shako are the only notable finds in the last two weeks or so. i prefer speed to mf, a necro would not have thawt problem though necro = slow run

4. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

Yes....painfully slow run. But its entertaining w/ Trang - its fun shootin fireballs into the crowd while amping them :)

5. TCO

TCO IncGamers Member

I've found a Gheed Charm on ACT4 *-*

6. SDC Pred

SDC Pred IncGamers Member

My lvl ** skellimancer has no problem with any of the monsters in Worldstone, not even black souls with his max resists and 350+ mf, except for Oblivion knights and their Iron Maiden...I've found 2 Rainbow Facets, 3/3 psn and 4/4 lightning, eth Viperfork, Wiz spike, Sandstorm trek, 34 Gheeds, Mav armor, Wolfhowl, and a bunch of others doing full clears of WSK lvl 2 through Baal. Decent xp there too, You gain about 10 mil exp from clearing the levels and Baal at lvl 87.

7. assmuffin

assmuffin IncGamers Member

I run Hell Baals with my Hammerdin. One of the easiest things to do besides those freaking Undead Soul Killlers or whatever. If a couple get close to you and your hammers destroy them while some Gloams are floating around, it can mean tragedy. So far I've found pretty crappy items cept for a Trang's Belt(I've been getting the worst offers on Trang's Set on USEast Non-Ladder) and a Glad's Bane which I might throw on a merc.

8. halohalo

The sweet thing about necro is that TONS of meat sheild. I think my skellies are better than an invincible single meat shield. Having so much other-than-you-targets is what makes necro easy to run Baal IMO.
    In that sense, I guess a hammerdin with HOTO could help? Or having the Crescent Moon runeword on switch?

9. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

Throw a defiance merc in the mix w/ skellymancer and U have a near indestructable meat (errrr....meatless?) wall :)

10. Sopper

Sopper IncGamers Member

My lvl 93 hammerdin can solo baal easily.... but my lvl 91 Tal-rasha sorc does the job alot quicker...
    Max FO, CM -100% resist, Max Fireball, Meteor, Firebolt, 1 FM.... Im using Fireball as non-castdelay on my left attack and FO on right,.... works well for me.
    If Lister spawns Fire and Cold immuun, my merc kills him, while i stun him with telekineses.....

420% MF, have found WF, 2 x Tals armour, and many less value uniques.

11. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

Full clears are a good idea, especially if you are looking for the elitest uniques. Skelemancers may be slow, but I think the ones that are running the highest TC areas are likely getting the most of the elite uniques people are looking for. While doing hell Meph runs with a fast character are likely to net you more useful exceptional (and a few elite) uniques quicker, the best stuff is more likely to drop from clearing the highest Alevel areas. When I was doing tons of Pit runs, there were mouthwatering (regular) elite items from the highest TC dropping in every game. That rarely happens in my Meph and Baal runs.

12. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

You don't really need a defiance merc with skeleton skills maxed. A Might merc will speed up the killing by 50-100% through general observation. You defintiely know when your might merc is dead and your skeletons are taking their time chewing through targets. Have a look over in the necromancer forum for more information .

13. halohalo

I also use might merc, and it seems to add about 70~80% to my skellies' killing speed.
    I know pits have high TC, but isn't WSK2 and beyond also have TC 85? I have seen many elite base items in WSK. got full bulkathos in WSK 2. Maybe you were referring to those guys just teleporting to throne?

edit: found a TAL armor yesterday! woohoo! :D

14. iolo99

iolo99 IncGamers Member

I have done 50~60 hell baal solo runs everyday with my dual element sorcy:
    (orb/ball with defiance mercenary)

Kill all of them in your sight when going to throne.
    1. Baal sometimes gives me a noticeable uniques (~every 50 kills)
    2. The best uniques such as crown of ages, dimensional shard....etc, I obtained them from champions/uniques NOT BAAL.
    3. Ironically, majority of uber items I got is from worldstone keep level 2 and 3, NOT THRONE.

Do not expect ever ever baal/diablo will give you nice stuff, and their minions too..
    Yes, if baal gives me a windforce, then I get 4~5 death cleaver from unrecognizable champions in keep level 2.
    That was my statistics of everyday 60 ball runs for 2 month.

15. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

Pit = Worldstone/Throne so far as TC goes. My point was to clear all those areas, not just the throne room.

16. RunningUppercut

RunningUppercut Banned

I normally mix in Baal whenever I see an easy Worldstone, meaning no Black Souls. A few of the recent drops I have got from him include Tals Armor and a Windforce, so he definetly pays off if you can run him.

17. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

Thanx for that tip! I learn somethin new everyday.

1 Might merc comin up!

18. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Your ethereal Berzerker Axe and Colossus Blade are probably the most valued items in your entire list, lol.

and all this talk about Skelemancer is making me want to make a new character. (3 guesses what the character is going to be) :D