Let's give bashiok a sting!!

konfeta

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Let's give bashiok a sting!!

there is already more detail in each char actor than there ever was in D2 characters and there was no issue differentiating the D2 characters.
Detail is irrelevant. We will barely see any armor detail under the SFX spam.

Lazzie

Diabloii.Net Member

Hey fools, Blizzard is a big-boy company. Not a wiki. They can make the game to their specifications and we can choose to like or not to like, to hate or not to hate, and to buy or not to buy. We're not the legendary powerhouse game design studio - they are. It's amazing that they allow the level of informational transparency and fan connection that they do have. So please, stop making a bad example of fans and start, well, criticizing more intelligently if you must criticize.

I think the headdress looks goofy, but one (or even several) goofy equipment pieces are FAR from a game-breaker for me. Just sayin'.

cacophony

Diabloii.Net Member

Hey fools, Blizzard is a big-boy company. Not a wiki. They can make the game to their specifications and we can choose to like or not to like, to hate or not to hate, and to buy or not to buy. We're not the legendary powerhouse game design studio - they are. It's amazing that they allow the level of informational transparency and fan connection that they do have. So please, stop making a bad example of fans and start, well, criticizing more intelligently if you must criticize.

I think the headdress looks goofy, but one (or even several) goofy equipment pieces are FAR from a game-breaker for me. Just sayin'.
Logic and reason? HERETIC!

Claymenza

Diabloii.Net Member

Bashiok has a tough job. Pretend you were him. You have to present these artworks designed by someone else, and you might have to defend it even if you think it still sucks.

On top of that, you have fans who won't have any tolerance at all. True, his job is to take feedback but there's only so much he can do without pissing off the artists. I saw we ask bashiok to let the artists comment on the forums.

Claymenza

Diabloii.Net Member

Logic and reason? HERETIC!
Not just that, but a little bit of sympathy from a guy like Bashiok who has to communicate with insanity.

I'm sure we all have jobs here, and have to deal with difficult people. As consumers, don't we realize when we're being unreasonable?

Don't like the helmet? Just get that badass winged helm!

valeo

Diabloii.Net Member

If Blizzard listened to every fans opinion about something as subjective as art then we'd never get the damn game.

What do you want him to do? Go to the designers and say

'Hey guys, there is a group of about 20 people on a Diablo forum that don't like the helm you designed. I know you, as professional artists, went through about 20 concepts and different iterations before deciding upon it but these guys obviously know a lot more about how good it looks. They haven't actually seen it in-game yet, but come on!'

At least wait until Blizzcon when you see it in-game before you whine like the Comic Book Guy.

No one will like every bit of art in the game. There are bits of Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 that I think look stupid - did that effect my enjoyment of those games? Absolutely not.

Glass

Diabloii.Net Member

Bashiok has already responded to the feedback regarding the helm. He explained that it looks better from the in-game view.

What more do you want? Do you want them to waste time changing it for absolutely no reason other than to the sedate the whining?

I have been really aggressive on the internet lately and don't even make me start about Blizzard and Bashiok.

Some posters will defend Blizzard and Bashiok here and the thread will explode then.

Moonfrost

Diabloii.Net Member

no doubt many of you have recently noticed bashiok's lack of respect for fan feedback.
He responded to the feedback and explained their design decisions. What more can you ask for, a total revamp of the armor based on the complaints of a vocal minority on a fan forum?

themo

Diabloii.Net Member

I think people who don’t like the helms in the pictures just want some small ordinary cheap caps that don’t look unique at all. I think they want just ONE TYPE of small normal caps for whole game, that’s all. So what’s interesting and fun about it? I really don’t understand. If that’s it, thanks I won’t buy it. Of course there has to be crazy looking, the most importantly unique looking helms, d2 had them, Titan Quest had them, Dungeon Siege had them, D3 should have them too.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

If Blizz is so confident in the gear set, they should just release one of those shots of it in game. Could silence all opposition at once.

Glass

Diabloii.Net Member

If Blizz is so confident in the gear set, they should just release one of those shots of it in game. Could silence all opposition at once.
Indeed. I'd say by this time next week we'll have got our wish.

valeo

Diabloii.Net Member

They are waiting until Blizzcon to do that, Mantis. Not exactly hard to figure out mate.

I'm so sick of the little kids whining about every little thing and then thinking that Blizzard or Bashiok owes something to them. It's, frankly, goddamn pathetic. Grow up. It's pretty indicative of the world today, I suppose - everyone thinking that their view is the only one that matters.

raveharu

Diabloii.Net Member

It's pretty indicative of the world today, I suppose - everyone thinking that their view is the only one that matters.
It has always been like that, especially so when they could hide behind the computer screens. Just ignore them.

Apocalypse

Diabloii.Net Member

I would be willing to pay $150+ and wait 2 more years for them to do it right. I swear if they ruin this game I am going to be crushed. I will boycott blizzard for the rest of my life.

Diablo 1&2 are classics. If they wanna put out some Disney crap, call it something else and make a new storyline.

We want DIABLO 3, not some WoW crap. There are millions of diehard diablo fans that are gonna be pissed if they do it wrong.

As for the helmet, I hope he is right and it looks nothing like that during gameplay. I think the sorc looks like a crouched over wimp even without it on. Why can't the sorc be badass like in d1?

i am sure bliz will feel the financial sting if you boycott them.

also you just seem like another wow basher, if D3 is half as good as wow is then it will be a great game.

cant believe all the wow hate has actually turned me into a wow defender kinda crazy since diablo is my favorite game franchise. of course that title would belong to the elder scrolls if they did away with a few things and added a xp system