Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Let's give bashiok a sting!!

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by fromtheshadow, Oct 15, 2010.

1. fromtheshadow

fromtheshadow Diabloii.Net Member

Let's give bashiok a sting!!

no doubt many of you have recently noticed bashiok's lack of respect for fan feedback. it's true we are divide in our thoughts on the recent male wizard helm( though just looking through one page you can easily see that the majority don't like the helm), but even those of you who do like the helm, it's important that we make blizzard listen to our feedback or they will take the easy path if there is no pressure.

so lets all of us continue on this debate on all diabo related forum(there is already something like this on the official forums) and press blizzard hard for what we want, and I hope this game turns out great.

peace:thumbup:

2. Larik

Larik Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Let's give bashiok a sting!!

soooooo basically you're asking members of these forums to keep posting in this forum... pretty sure that will happen.

3. fromtheshadow

not just posting, but specifically about this subject and perhaps express anger about blizz arrogance.

4. Larik

Larik Diabloii.Net Member

i'll be honest, especially in the battlenet forums, most of the posters in forums (except this one of course) are jackasses. i enjoy bashiok's quips of unprofessional behavior. he's just expressing himself the way most of us wish we could at work.

5. fromtheshadow

i don't get it, you like it that he ignores fan feedback????
    his behavior is not in your interest, whether you think it's cool or not!

6. Adree

Adree Diabloii.Net Member

Ridiculous thread. Go flame in the official forum. You wonder why Bashiok barely comments in the forums and doesn't tend to take these complaints seriously...

I don't blame him one bit. Every time they announce or show something new, you have people chiming in with their half-literate poorly thought out, completely selfish, myopic view of how they think the game should be. The most recent example being 'Oh, this starfish helmet is the last straw! The game is ruined!'

How about just letting Blizzard make the game?

And I'll offer you a tip on feedback, since you seem to be so offended that he doesn't seem to be treating people's feedback with 'respect'. When you want to provide your very valuable opinion, and have it taken seriously, it might be a good idea to present your comments succinctly, tactfully, and offer a solution that actually makes sense.

7. fromtheshadow

the solution is quite simple, remove the helmet and replace it with a more plausible helmet, unlike what bashiok and his buds think, a big *** shoulder plate and helmet does not give a good impression.
    they can make elaborate helmets that are also reasonable size, design a stylish crown or something, it's not really that hard.

the helmet is just too extreme, like how jrpgs and anime show everything to exaggerated and unrealistic.

8. ThomasJ

ThomasJ Diabloii.Net Member

Can we say a lack of vision of what Diablo gear should look like ? I can only imagine what the other types of gear look like. Scarey thought.

9. konfeta

konfeta Diabloii.Net Member

The point. You missed it. And you wonder why he ignores this sort of whining.

Vast majority of the tripe posted on battle.net forums is rightfully ignored by Bashiok. When enough of the morons, once every blue moon, manage to successfully form a list of coherent concerns, he answers them. And gets ignored with cries that might as well be "BAET ITS GHAAAAAAY!!!!11OMFGSDSLDKSL:DKSL:D"

10. fromtheshadow

so tell me, do you like the wizard helmet?

11. Highlen

Highlen Diabloii.Net Member

He does seem very sarcastic but I have to admit the wizard helm is terrible but, I'm getting to the point that I will take whatever they have for d3 its taken blizzard too long to make games not like they working with witcher 2 game engine yet we still scratch our heads why they made a certain design decision.

Yet because of the time it takes them too make it its going to be another $59.99 price tag just like sc2.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  12. Doppel

Doppel Banned

I do not understand this thread.

13. konfeta

konfeta Diabloii.Net Member

Not in the slightest. If there is a helmet visibility toggle, that model would never disgrace my eyes for more than the second it takes me to find the appropriate options menu checkbox.

But that doesn't mean I want it changed simply because I don't like the way it looks. There will be people who like it. There will be people who dislike it. Both are completely irrelevant to the actual argument made by Bashiok when it comes to explaining why that particular size and design was chosen.

http://www.blizzblues.com/us/male-wizard-armor-set-27189097969.html

These are explicitly clear arguments why the designed the armors the way they did. Feedback and criticism (though in this particular case would be wasted because they finished with the armor designs) should be targeting the arguments they make. On Bnet forums, all such "feedback" is either childish whining or arguments that selectively ignore existing evidence while not listening to what Bashiok is actually saying.

14. fromtheshadow

the argument i have against his is, that we don't need this much effort to differential the different classes they are already different enough to spot from a distance. there is already more detail in each char actor than there ever was in D2 characters and there was no issue differentiating the D2 characters.

15. RurouniRonin

RurouniRonin Diabloii.Net Member

I would be willing to pay $150+ and wait 2 more years for them to do it right. I swear if they ruin this game I am going to be crushed. I will boycott blizzard for the rest of my life.

Diablo 1&2 are classics. If they wanna put out some Disney crap, call it something else and make a new storyline.

We want DIABLO 3, not some WoW crap. There are millions of diehard diablo fans that are gonna be pissed if they do it wrong.

As for the helmet, I hope he is right and it looks nothing like that during gameplay. I think the sorc looks like a crouched over wimp even without it on. Why can't the sorc be badass like in d1?

16. cacophony

cacophony Diabloii.Net Member

I knew idiocy was infectious, but I didn't realize it spreads this quickly. Need some Lysol, stat!

17. RurouniRonin

RurouniRonin Diabloii.Net Member

Why, because I am willing to pay a premium and wait for a game?

If that's wait it takes I don't care. I want a quality game i can play for years and years.

No need to make insults. Esp when its to brand new members like myself.

18. raveharu

raveharu Diabloii.Net Member

Thread failed.

You can't "press blizzard hard for what YOU want", unless the suggestion is legitimate and makes sense, which is never the case.

Have you seen how the helmet look in game? What makes you think majority of the people doesn't like the helm, just by judging from that little thread made in the forums? Have they seen how the character look in game?

Obviously this is just another "ok I don't like it, it should never be implemented" type of mindset, then it will never happen.

This is sooo similar to the dumbest petition ever made in history about rainbows in the game. And what did Blizzard do, NOTHING. In fact, they threw this screenshot right into their faces. QQ less, and accept the changes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  19. fromtheshadow

you don't get it raveharu, i don't hate all of the art, in fact i like the screen u posted, i just really hate the wizard helm and a lot of you agree with me.

20. raveharu

raveharu Diabloii.Net Member

Wrong.....