Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

lets call it a hiatus

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by prion, Jul 5, 2008.

1. prion

prion IncGamers Member

lets call it a hiatus

dunno if maybe i'm just in a funny mood this week but I'm not enjoying the game so much anymore.

I tried Eve Online and it was information overload and hard to find some information and took a long time to move. I wanted it to be cool but it seemed like it was taking to long to get into. Maybe I'll go back to it later.

But then I came to D2 and I was like ...ennhhhh...same old thing..

I think i'll go ahead and install the demo for WoW and see how I like it

2. AgentMarth

AgentMarth IncGamers Member

Re: lets call it a hiatus

Well, with me, its switching characters I play with thats keeps me going. The problem is, without so many characters, or the fact they are not geared nearly the way I want them to be, its becoming hard to play them.

Meh, and I hate MFing over and over and over. I may end up just getting the quest with my Mephy glitcher and get some Baal runs under her belt.

I know the ladder reset ended up killing alot of my enjoyment of playing. Sure the CTA ladder rush was fricken awesome, but now its just a process of getting all the items/chars/levels I had last season again, and it sucks frankly. I still wish they hadn't done a reset.

Beware of WoW, we may never see you again.

3. Hcorp

Hcorp IncGamers Member

Have fun. That's what matters.

4. hobbsc

hobbsc IncGamers Member

Resets can be tough, especially when you level at a snail's pace like I do.

Have fun with WoW. Look us up if you come back to d2!

5. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

Once I "cooled down" from my work-zombie-state I really enjoyed playing, even if most of it was done solo with my two mules in-game for company.

Next break maybe I'll get a little farther than level 26 and Act 4. Not terrible for untwinked. I'm really enjoying the speedy trapsin rebuild.

I just wish I could have played a little longer before the retarded runewords start showing up in floods. But that's D2 life-cycle.

If you need a break, then break away. Go pimp some wimminz or start a gun trafficing gang. Or just buy beer and watch Simpsons reruns. Or *gasp* play WoW... :yes::yes::yes:

6. DivineRight

DivineRight IncGamers Member

I find that several weeks of Starcraft or Warcraft3 helps a lot. A different style of game, one that you can pick up and then put down is maybe the change you need.

WOW is too time consuming. Its a lot of fun but very VERY tedious and when you finally max out your level, you need to spend 5-10 hour in raids that you sit around waiting 2-3 hours for people to join.

7. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

Have a good break prion. I will miss you, but the breaks are necessary.

My game cycle involves Diablo 2, Half-Life, Half-Life2, Counter-Strike: Source, Total Annihilation, Sim City 3000, Desktop Tower Defender, and I even made a brief pit stop at Diablo 1 recently.

I don't always cycle through them all before I get back to Diablo 2, but I always end up leaving D2, one way or the other. I've even been known to take a month or two off of games to... read!.

-hps

8. Zelator

Zelator IncGamers Member

What ever you do don't start with WoW. Try Anno 1503, Anno 1706, Stronghold 2. Those will give you a real challenge, and you will think "I wanna go back to the old simple d2...".

And there you are.

9. come back zinc

come back zinc IncGamers Member

Don't get shot!

See you in D3, dave.

10. Master Zap

Master Zap IncGamers Member

RIP: Our Fallen Friends
    Death Certificate

Account name: Master_Zappy, Master_Zappy1, Master-zappy1 , Sara[eF], MasterZappy[eF],Sara1[eF],Sara2[eF], Sara3[eF] Sara4[eF], Sara5[eF] , Sara_hcl , Sara_hcl (spanning from about 5years worth of play , HCL , HCNL and even a few scnl)
    Character levels: thousands of levels
    Character class: All of em , with a Pally and MA sin preference
    Character builds: have tried near all of em ,
    Game difficulty: lol. it's as easy or hard as you want to make it.
    Act: 1

Corpse looted: Still have the accounts
    Death type: WOW , just picked up the game and I admit I'm hooked. Will stop by the forums here and in game time to time, but if I'm going to pay monthly to pay, I feel like I should make the most of it.

Cause of demise: started getting bored rebuilding, there isnt many things left I haven't tried yet. The ladder reset interjected a fat dose of grindage. Couple this with what looks amazing, ( wow world graphics, mounts and other cool stuff)

Since I'm not one to start a new thread over this, I'll hi-jack this one, at least its on topic.

Hiatus is a good word. So going to try wow for a bit and see how long it keeps my interest.

Prion, maybe I'll run into you. The demo download is nuts, It was going to take like 2-3 days worth of downloads so I just picked up the boxset.

11. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Oh you'll still have to download the updates! :D

Don't do it Zappy! You know you must resist the evil WoW. :)

*ties Zap to a chair*

12. Flaw

Flaw IncGamers Member

I just came back from a diablo hiatus. I have those now and then but I always come back.

My game cycle is socom, madden, and diablo. I get heavily into madden during the football season and a few months after. Socom and diablo are year round games that I can always go back to. I also enjoy soccer games.

I think having a consistent cycle of games like this is good because you can take breaks to freshen up a game you are burnt out on, but you also aren't bringing in a new game to get addicted to and thus spending too much time playing games.

Now that I'm back on diablo I need to build a few characters and find some good people to play with to keep things interesting.

Account name *flaw2022 on the east server if any want to send a friend invite.

13. Master Zap

Master Zap IncGamers Member

Yeah even with the expansion pack, we're currently talking apprx 350ish megs worth of downloading, and coming from blizz, it's not that fastest of servers either.

Thyiad, I cannot tell a lie, I've already succumbed to the temptation of the wow. Ive 2 level 7's.

your tie-down had an adverse effect, it's sitting in this chair that keeps me playing :whistling:

14. IhatePindle

IhatePindle IncGamers Member

hehe, you will all come back when D3 hits the shelves. The announcement got me all jittery, and i find this thread.

Have fun.

15. prion

prion IncGamers Member

hi everyone :wave:
    thanks for posting, made me feel special

WoW is pretty cool so far. I'll probably buy it.

I'll check in with you all later

16. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

I've actually seen people combine these two statements in the past. Rarely does the second one come true for at least 6 months... sometimes years.

-hps

17. Flaw

Flaw IncGamers Member

LOL for real. I won't even touch that game.

18. AgentMarth

AgentMarth IncGamers Member

First off, NO!

Why do you have to leave us!? *crys*

Second. I really, really agree with the bolded part. I've already kinda said it, but i'll still say it again. The reset was fun to first day (Gogo CTA!) but after that it was just the same old grind, but alot, alot slower since no high level decked out character to help rush/level everyone.

MFing is boring and tedious. Baal's are repetitive, and harder to do just yet without a solid person to port them. I just want Cogliostro back, so I can do everything I want to again >_>

Meh, if it wasn't so damn addicting, I would have taken a hiatus of my own. I am thinking of it, or worse off, going SC just because its "faster" in a way. Thats how bad its gotten.

And people wanted a reset, bah!

But yeah, I won't touch WoW. I fear losing my social life.

19. Zelator

Zelator IncGamers Member

Well, you can always play Diablo 1...

20. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Yeah, I was in looking at my (now) non-ladder characters, looking at the gear I had managed to get for those guys such as the ethereal Oath Balrog I made just before the reset... I get this little ache wanting to have all that stuff be ladder again... it's going to be a bit of a grind until I can get to NM Baal and start FD'ing him.