Let us try to squeeze information out of Flux!

fnaxqtr

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Let us try to squeeze information out of Flux!

maybe its, pay for multiplayer?

who knows? ohh wait :D

sinter

Diabloii.Net Member

Can't be pay for MP, fnaxqtr.. They try to encourage group play as much as possible and i have a feeling that paying extra for it is somehow discouraging ;)

Crudesash68

Diabloii.Net Member
Can't be pay for MP, fnaxqtr.. They try to encourage group play as much as possible and i have a feeling that paying extra for it is somehow discouraging ;)
However, they want to discourage single player...perhaps you'll have to pay to play offline, or, perhaps pay a fee to enable all realm perks. Either way would stink, and really force the single player community to play online, or pay for the privilege not to. No use speculating on the negative though, I guess.

Xaviar

Diabloii.Net Member

However, they want to discourage single player...perhaps you'll have to pay to play offline, or, perhaps pay a fee to enable all realm perks. Either way would stink, and really force the single player community to play online, or pay for the privilege not to. No use speculating on the negative though, I guess.
Pay for single-player? Do you honestly think that is logically possible? And your the guy who was arguing about the Auction House...

Crudesash68

Diabloii.Net Member
Pay for single-player? Do you honestly think that is logically possible? And your the guy who was arguing about the Auction House...
Like I said, probably best not to speculate, but I'll say anything is possible. I was discussing the AH, yes; I have a lot of game experience using one, and I may decide to use the trading options available online as well, in D3.

konfeta

Diabloii.Net Member

I very much doubt the pay in single player. For one, that just screams "pirate me." Two, Starcraft 2 pretty much is free to play single player wise, you only need the account to access achievements IIRC.

Flux

Administrator

Nice tease, Nizaris. That's got them hopping.

I just threw this into another thread, so I'll sort of repeat it here. Everything previously speculated about respec mechanisms in D3 is wrong. And not just wrong, but actually inapplicable, due to related game system changes.

Xaviar

Diabloii.Net Member

I just threw this into another thread, so I'll sort of repeat it here. Everything previously speculated about respec mechanisms in D3 is wrong. And not just wrong, but actually inapplicable, due to related game system changes.
Possibly making all spells now available to add to your hotbars, but only a limit at a time. God I hope that isn't the case.

DuB

Diabloii.Net Member

Is this the one of the changes you were kinda happy with? Or one of the ones that is about to cause a meltdown?

I wonder if you put points into runes now. I hope this isn't going to be horrible news.

sinter

Diabloii.Net Member

You ppl with info are trolling us so bad... hahah Well a couple of more days and we'll know everything too so enjoy your knowledge while you are ones of the few who have it.

So if our speculation about respecs is wrong that must mean that there are no skill point to redistribute which would make the systems we've talked about "inapplicable" So what ? You learn a skill and the as you cast it more it gains levels? And you can pay to unlearn a given skill and learn another one instead but then have to lvl it up again? But that kinda sounds the same but without skill points ...

Sooo what if its like D1 and you have to find books to learn spells? Could it be something like that ?

AzurAzuwi

Diabloii.Net Member

@Nizaris @Flux So, will all the game systems be revealed Monday?

jamesL

Diabloii.Net Member

I posted this in the "Blizzard on 'Casual' vs. 'Accessible'" article

Flux:
The first topic that leaps to mind in terms of “too easy vs. accessible†is no longer valid, since that game feature has changed a lot since we last had public info about it.
JamesL:
ok, you already said its not weapon switch, so it must be something about how stat points are allocated

mmm, I bet there is no “leveling†anymore; no leveling = no skill points
so instead of spending skill points evertime you level, D3 will be more like “the elder scrolls†and “Dungeon Seige†: you’ll increase your skill’s level by using the skill; the more you use it, the higher level the skill becomes
that would certainly eliminate respec, because there are no longer skill points in the game

but it just seems so unlikely a change (especially since they already considered it and rejected it, but who knows ? they changed their mind about town portals, maybe they changed their mind about this too )

sinter

Diabloii.Net Member

Back to Nizaris' poem

Be humble in the search of wisdom,
As scrolls of text arises,
That kind of connects to the book skills - D1 style...

Could be a ton of other stuff as well tho.

Crudesash68

Diabloii.Net Member

Just an FYI re skill points, and I never really made the connection, but...in WoW, as of patch 4.0, you learn a skill, and it gets stronger as you go, but you don't have to spend points in them. That may be the route they are headed.

v i

Diabloii.Net Member

Just an FYI re skill points, and I never really made the connection, but...in WoW, as of patch 4.0, you learn a skill, and it gets stronger as you go, but you don't have to spend points in them. That may be the route they are headed.
this. I figured I would register to congratulate you on a job well done.