Let us try to squeeze information out of Flux!

Overpowerd

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Let us try to squeeze information out of Flux!

Maybe something like talisman? Special little box where you put charms?

Crudesash68

Diabloii.Net Member

I hope one of the items has something to do with making it harder or preferably impossible for bots to farm. I think they need to implement something which isn't possible for bots to do in combination with finding and picking up (good) items.

I don't know exactly how it can be done but I´m thinking about something like an authenticator you use to log into your bank account, like the authenticator keychains you can buy to get extra security for your WoW-account. If players need to use one of those and confirm some code before you can pick up good items/runes then I doubt it will be possible for botters to work around it.

This is just wishful thinking but I hope they've found some way to make life difficult for botters, hopefully without adding too much inconvenience for players. I'll gladly take some inconvenience if it means botting isn't possible though :)
You know...that is an interesting idea...early on, you meet an NPC who asks you for a code that has some type of human element, and maybe you activate it once a game? It might even be a series of random questions that a bot could not possibly auto-answer. I like the way you think :)

Frantic

Diabloii.Net Member

Just to give you guys something else to speculate about.... There are 3 (found early in the game, at least) permanent objects/icons in the inventory. One is the Salvage/Nephalem Cube. The other 2... will be revealed Monday.
Oh nice!

Maybe a spellbook or something like that.

djxput

Diabloii.Net Member

Perhaps some sort of transport or return-to-camp "Hearthstone" item? We've still not found out the full extent of how they're going to handle Town Portals now that they're back in the game - so perhaps an item to replace that whole system?

As for a third item I'm coming up blank - what else would your character need to do on the go... a quick sell item maybe?
ahh was thinking of that a hearthstone like device ... makes sense and much cooler then recall scrolls.

the other like you said no idea - unless its a simple weapon for each class they get free so they can battle said beasts.

Yab

Diabloii.Net Member

Just to give you guys something else to speculate about.... There are 3 (found early in the game, at least) permanent objects/icons in the inventory. One is the Salvage/Nephalem Cube. The other 2... will be revealed Monday.
3 objects you say? Hm.. Well, there are 3 artisans in total - one object comes from the blacksmith (Nephalem aliast Dumpster Cube). The 2 objects left may come from other artisans. Mystic used to deal with charms so Talisman may be an object from her (would be cool if this item returned to the game). There is a Jeweler dude left.. We know he is a greedy bastard so.. Perhaps something that comes in exchange of Scrolls of Wealth? An object that allows to "cash" items or change it in gems?

You wanted us to speculate, there you have it :p

treader

Diabloii.Net Member

I dont understand why they are doing this. Three objects to add more clunkiness in your inventory?

Horadric cube in D2 just felt clunky by how you need to access it and put everything in then combine. The fact that we use it often as extra slots makes things worse. Everytime we wanna use it, we have to get everything out, put in the ingredients and combine. then put everything back.

Now we have three of these little gadgets. Why not just one universal object or better still just implement them as general skill types and integrate it into the UI. You use that skill, you get that function. We dont need three objects to symbolify doing simple stuff now do we or am I missing the point?

sinter

Diabloii.Net Member

I think one of the items will have something to do with the new skill system. I dont have any ideas what it might be yet but i believe thats what it is.

Yab

Diabloii.Net Member

We dont need three objects to symbolify doing simple stuff now do we or am I missing the point?
Well, maybe they consider players as a group of not too bright people who might get confused with 3 different options on one object (like salvaging an item that they wanted to - I dont know, enchant or something?) so they are giving 3 objects with single option on each one. As they come to game as icons (not inventory objects) there is no real problem of encumberance.

chrisor

Diabloii.Net Member

I dont understand why they are doing this. Three objects to add more clunkiness in your inventory?

Horadric cube in D2 just felt clunky by how you need to access it and put everything in then combine. The fact that we use it often as extra slots makes things worse. Everytime we wanna use it, we have to get everything out, put in the ingredients and combine. then put everything back.

Now we have three of these little gadgets. Why not just one universal object or better still just implement them as general skill types and integrate it into the UI. You use that skill, you get that function. We dont need three objects to symbolify doing simple stuff now do we or am I missing the point?
thats what they've done. they arent in ur actual inventory anymore, just ui buttons

sinter

Diabloii.Net Member

They wont be like the D2 cube. When you find the item or get it as a quest reward or w/e it doesnt go in your inventory. You get a button somewhere in the UI most likely the inventory menu. At least thats what i got from reading about the Nephalem cube. :)

tvc

Diabloii.Net Member

3 objects you say? Hm.. Well, there are 3 artisans in total - one object comes from the blacksmith (Nephalem aliast Dumpster Cube). The 2 objects left may come from other artisans. Mystic used to deal with charms so Talisman may be an object from her (would be cool if this item returned to the game). There is a Jeweler dude left.. We know he is a greedy bastard so.. Perhaps something that comes in exchange of Scrolls of Wealth? An object that allows to "cash" items or change it in gems?

I think you might be right. A cone/triangle for the talisman and a circle/sphere representing a coin for jewelers distance selling. maybe at a lower price. Or what about some distance ah/trading icon?

treader

Diabloii.Net Member

Well, maybe they consider players as a group of not too bright people who might get confused with 3 different options on one object (like salvaging an item that they wanted to - I dont know, enchant or something?) so they are giving 3 objects with single option on each one. As they come to game as icons (not inventory objects) there is no real problem of encumberance.
I hope all three are icons like how nephalem cube is reportedly being implemented now. If they suddenly slap on two mandatory semi huge objects into your inventory....

Arhaeus

Diabloii.Net Member

I say one object is magical portal to your stash, so you could deposit the items there, without the need to be in town.

And the other could be something that has to do with some special objects found in the game. Possible houted ones, that imprison demon souls in them. Could be a recipient for World Stone shards?

Flux

Administrator

They're not actually in your inventory grid. Stored down below, like where the cube goes. This is not a current pic, but you get the idea.

Varquynne

Diabloii.Net Member

Ah! Perhaps the jeweler gives you an item that allows you to access the Diablo 3 in-game store! He asks you for your credit card information and that allows you to purchase Relics of Convenience/Vanity for your character.

Sagath

Diabloii.Net Member

They're not actually in your inventory grid. Stored down below, like where the cube goes. This is not a current pic, but you get the idea.

1. salvage cube
2. access to stash
3. quest items/lore book

niesent

Diabloii.Net Member

Little break from speculations..

If Diablo 3 will fail for any reasons, at least..we have another option
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjI3MTk5MDky.html

It's basically same like Diablo 3 (would like to know if Blizzard can do anything about it) minus 2 characters :D
If Diablo 3 fails.... What makes you think that crappy game won't either? Seriously that game looks terrible.

xManiaCCCx

Diabloii.Net Member

If Diablo 3 fails.... What makes you think that crappy game won't either? Seriously that game looks terrible.
O rly? :D
Didn't notice that.. ;)

It was posted more for entertainment .. not as serious thought.