Let us try to squeeze information out of Flux!

sinter

Diabloii.Net Member
Let us try to squeeze information out of Flux!

I'm sure he is too good of a person to put his inside person (people?) at risk by straight up telling us what they told him but there is nothing wrong with guessing what are
the big, major, huge, shocking changes that have been made to D3 since we last saw the game at Blizzcon 2010.
That said i think we need something to get us started but unfortunately i missed the snipped tease so if someone can fill me and everybody else in it'd be much appreciated.

However we have this little tidbit that Flux shared:
I do like very much one projected change, which is still being debated by the team. It’s something I’ve advocated for quite a bit, mostly in forum debates. (And it’s not a weapon switch hotkey.)

Dr Elmer Jiggle suggested that what he was referring to was deaths in the HC PvP arena being permanent and Neinball believes its actually a sparing mode for HC that doesnt involve dead.

What do you guys thing it is?

If umm.. someone can direct us in a good guessing path they would recieve all the love the D3 incgamers community has to offer! :nod:

konfeta

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Let us try to squeeze information out of Flux!

**** patience. Offer the man freshly baked cookies. No one can resist the call of cookies.

xManiaCCCx

Diabloii.Net Member

Well.. I think he already leaked something out.. no more 7 skill limit and no traits anymore. Correct me If I am wrong but didn't he wrote that and removed it after some attendee told him to remove that info...?

I am not sure how I like this change.. I loved idea of skills/traits.. i even love idea of limited numbers of skills. So..let's see.

Risingred

Diabloii.Net Member

Personally I'd rather get the new info along with the new media, so it is presented properly.
Note the reaction to the followers due to the leak and how non-representative it was of what actually happened.

sinter

Diabloii.Net Member

Patience. Soon®.
I can not be patient, good sir! ;)

We've waited for too long and we are so close to finally getting our hands on the game but i still want the new info as soon as possible. Even if its just guesses...

Here in Europe it'll be the 1st of august a few hours before it is in the US so it'll be even more of a torture waiting for the official info to come out and not being able to get it exactly at midnight!

I think he already leaked something out.. no more 7 skill limit and no traits anymore.
If that's true... I really don't know how i feel about it. I didn't like the idea of the skill limit at first but then i got used to it and now .. they are just removing it? We still have the the 7 skill hot bar though, according to the leaked screenshot.

And i hope they have some other c customization system to replace traits. I really liked the idea of them too! It was a great concept but now that's gone too if our info is correct.

Starting to be a little afraid for the game for some reason and i think that's because of the lack of good presentation as Risingred said. Im keeping my mind open for now until we get something more about it and then i'll decide if i like it or not. I hope they have good reasons for the changes.

konfeta

Diabloii.Net Member

O.K., now i agree with Risingred.

Because, I swear to God, if trait/skills separation was axed I will be pissed. That was the best damn idea for the skill system Blizzard used.

And lawl, sass will have a nerdgasm at skill limit removal.

Elly

Administrator

Because, I swear to God, if trait/skills separation was axed I will be pissed. That was the best damn idea for the skill system Blizzard used.

And lawl, sass will have an nerdgasm as skill limit removal.
:whistling:

Anyway, 'nerdgasm' is a new one to me and I'm liking it lots. /makes mental note. Wondering how I can slip that one into conversation casually. I shall in the news attack podcast later today I think.

konfeta

Diabloii.Net Member

Elly. I suspect someone is asking for cookies. My sources indicate that it is you. I am willing to supply that demand assuming you leak something Flux whispered to your ear.

P.S. Also, really? First time you saw nerdgasm? That's a fairly ancient phrase.

sinter

Diabloii.Net Member

Anyway, 'nerdgasm' is a new one to me
You can't be serious, Elly! Humor us and try to embarrass Flux. You'll make everyone lol in front of their computer screen!

BTW are you talking about the news from the press event in the Podcast and releasing it on the first ?

Leugi

Diabloii.Net Member

Ah... being Flux right now must be an interesting combination of intense fun by not saying things while everyone is begging and absurd quantities of eagerism for saying everything...

Zeek

Diabloii.Net Member

Hey Flux, a/s/l?

Wait what kind of information are we looking for?

Risingred

Diabloii.Net Member

O.K., now i agree with Risingred.

And lawl, sass will have a nerdgasm at skill limit removal.
Something better probably came up if this is true.
Although I would hope that you didn't have to spend skill points on passive skills. I agree that this was one of the greatest changes they made to the game, but we don't know what they swapped that out with yet.

Leugi

Diabloii.Net Member

Well.. I think he already leaked something out.. no more 7 skill limit and no traits anymore. Correct me If I am wrong but didn't he wrote that and removed it after some attendee told him to remove that info...?
That tease troubles many... And I'm also wondering how true it is... It could be an evil sarcastic false tease for all we know... or it could be true... More on August I suppose, we got no choice...

Nizaris

Clan Officer - US West Hardcore

You guys will be surprised. Perhaps not very surprised, but surprised.

Just like raptor Jesus.

http://3.bp.************/_O-ft63wpM0Y/SU_h_KblLII/AAAAAAAAAWI/j53c-jS-49Q/s400/raptor+jesus+4.jpg

Risingred

Diabloii.Net Member

May we ask if there's media that will clear up all this confusion?
We're kind of dumb and sometimes require pictures to tell us stuff. The skill system in particular has always seemed difficult for Blizzard to explain.

Nizaris

Clan Officer - US West Hardcore

We probably might have some supposed answers which may not entirely clear up all the confusion.

/Bashiok

Risingred

Diabloii.Net Member

We probably might have some supposed answers which may not entirely clear up all the confusion.

/Bashiok
Hah, that was pretty good. I want to try.

"Every time something changes, you can be sure that you'll know about it at some point in time, but this time can also change."

Leugi

Diabloii.Net Member

And so Nizaris starts teasing too... Hey I can also try it:

"We'll get earth-shattering info on August 1st, you will like it... or maybe not!"

:D

So, now that we believe and expect that Traits and the Skill Limit is gone, we wouldn't be surprised if that were true... Therefore, they are not gone, but alas, we won't be surprised if they don't remove them... I'm confused...