Let he who is without sin...

Fafner

Diabloii.Net Member
Let he who is without sin...

Cast the first Stone.

Here's my conundrum.

Just found this in the AT. Got 4 sockets with socket quest (I wasn't sure if you always got max with normal items according to ilvl, but I figured either 3 or 4 was good).

Superior Sacred Armor
Defense: 991
Durability: 34 of 34
Required Strength: 222
Required Level: 66
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x24b4e68c
+10% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Durability 11%
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (4: 0 used)

I'm thinking Stone...however str req will be pretty high. I think this will make using a NM merc. tough (+10 from P Am, and a Fal is +10, but that's pricey with an Um and Pul spent already, I have a +7 Str rare jewel...)

If I made this, however, would a Defiance merc be enough or would he be better paired with a barb that uses shout, or a defiant zealot?!?

I got excited at first, excited enough to burn a socket quest, but now I'm not sure.

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
with a perfect stone roll you'd be looking at 3.8k def.
if you really want to use it on a merc i'd say look for a rare circlet with alot of +str and some LL and res. or any +str adding helm would be good.
throw a defiance merc with this in combo with a conc barb with max shout and neither of you will be hittable (except for those damn ITD baddies).

DougTheHead2

Diabloii.Net Member
You should definitely be excited, and I think its definitely worth a socket quest. I haven't made Stone yet, but if I had found that armor, I would have a Stone now!

There are some good alternatives to get strength, seeming the most popular being to pop an Andy's Visage on the said merc. Don't fear the requirements, the Stone gives +16 strength too I believe. Definitely hook this up to either a Defiance merc, or a barb who uses his shout.

Very nice, much congrats! Go for it!

Dodgydave

Diabloii.Net Member
Insane armour. Definitely Stone it. That and an Andys Visage would be a great combo on a Merc.

If you don't want to I'd glady take it off your hands. :Wink: :Wink: :Nudge: :Nudge:

Fafner

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok. Just those few replies talked me out of being chicken.

*drumroll*

Stone
Superior Sacred Armor
'ShaelUmPulLum'
Defense: 3486
+16 to Strength
+10 to Energy
+16 to Vitality
+247% Enhanced Defense
+40% Enhanced Defense
+300 Defense vs. Missile
All Resistances +15
60% Faster Hit Recovery
Level 16 Molten Boulder (34/80 Charges)
Level 16 Clay Golem (7/16 Charges)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (4: 4 used)

I think I got an ok roll, 310% is perfect ethereal?

It may be a little tricky to get the armour on the merc. My barb's merc is 13 shy, that means I need to find some buff armour, circlets, etc. as suggested. I can't wait to see this thing on an iron barb or conc barb's merc.

crazy_bear

Diabloii.Net Member
Definitely make a stone out of that armour.... sweet. A Defiance would be sickening in that, even use it for your own char until the durability runs low. Yeah, the str req is not fun, but you should be able to pull it off with just a bit of tweaking equipment.

Nice find.

CB

Edit: already too late. Nice armour!

shermo

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice nice, Most importantly the base base base defence on the armour was 600. That's what makes the biggest difference, since all %ed calcs are done on that.

Give your merc an eth andys visage for even more defence, and the nice str bonus

poopie_pants

Diabloii.Net Member
Great armor indeed Fafner!! I've been searching for what seems an eternity for a Pul rune to complete my Stone Sup (15%ED) Eth Shadow Plate (961 base def). Now that I see the results, I'm getting even more anxious :lol: . As another suggestion, Giant Skull is a great way to boost your merc's strength, and it's socketed!

-PP

sunbearie

Diabloii.Net Member
Fafner said:
Stone
Superior Sacred Armor
'ShaelUmPulLum'
Defense: 3486
+16 to Strength
+10 to Energy
+16 to Vitality
+247% Enhanced Defense
+40% Enhanced Defense
+300 Defense vs. Missile
All Resistances +15
60% Faster Hit Recovery
Level 16 Molten Boulder (34/80 Charges)
Level 16 Clay Golem (7/16 Charges)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (4: 4 used)

I think I got an ok roll, 310% is perfect ethereal?

It may be a little tricky to get the armour on the merc. My barb's merc is 13 shy, that means I need to find some buff armour, circlets, etc. as suggested. I can't wait to see this thing on an iron barb or conc barb's merc.
Any amour > 3K defense looks pretty good to me. You could even use it first on a barb etc. With such high defense, your armour should last quite a while.

XDoomasX

Diabloii.Net Member
wow 3.5 K :thumbsup:
Max shout max cons.5% chance that monster will hit you + 75% block.
One word......Immortal :D

Lucky_Seven

Diabloii.Net Member
Shermo:

When a Armour is "superior" gets the max defence.

Nice Armour is a shame that the merc can't use the Clay Golem Charges :D.

Snuva

Diabloii.Net Member
Lucky_Seven said:
Shermo:

When a Armour is "superior" gets the max defence.

Nice Armour is a shame that the merc can't use the Clay Golem Charges :D.
I didn't know this either. I was already wondering how come all were so lucky with the ethereal superior sacred armor defence rolls. Apparently I still got a lot to learn about this game.

Snuva

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
poopie_pants said:
Great armor indeed Fafner!! I've been searching for what seems an eternity for a Pul rune to complete my Stone Sup (15%ED) Eth Shadow Plate (961 base def). Now that I see the results, I'm getting even more anxious :lol: . As another suggestion, Giant Skull is a great way to boost your merc's strength, and it's socketed!

-PP
I have a pul that was found in a MP game, if you want it I would gladly hand it over.

Fafner, yea you joined the OMG what big feet you have club.

That armor is huge, not perfect defence but a decent roll on the ED% My stone armor is only 1600 defense but it is equipable at 77 str, 49 clvl :)

bill_n_opus

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice, nice, nice.

I'm waiting for a 15% Sup Eth Sacred myself to drop ... (holding breath).

Got the runes ... no armor.

maxgerin

Diabloii.Net Member
Very nice armor there Fafner, very nice! :thumbsup:

But I have a question. Is this really the best armor to make the "Stone" Runeword on?
I was planning on making one on a Superior Ethereal Archon Plate, if and when I find/trade one.
Is that a wrong choice? Any other choice aside from the one like Fafner's?

--maxgerin

poopie_pants

Diabloii.Net Member
Uzziah said:
I have a pul that was found in a MP game, if you want it I would gladly hand it over.
oh my, i would be most grateful Uzziah, most grateful indeed :)...anything i can send in return, perhaps some p. gems (forgive me if this constitutes violating the no rune-trading policy)? let me know...my email is cwycoff35 @ yahoo com.

-PP

SideShowBob

Diabloii.Net Member
As has been mentioned, Andariel's Visage is one way to give your merc
strength. Another option is a 2-socket Giant Skull (25-35 Strength + 2 x
PAmethysts or Rare Jewels) - although the Knockback might prove
annoying. Try to get an ethereal helm either way. :D