Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Leonard Boyarsky on Fan Reactions to Diablo 3

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Rushster, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Rushster

Rushster Administrator

There's no doubt the past couple of weeks have been interesting times for the Diablo 3 development team and in an interview with Gamasutra Leonard Boyarsky talks a little about fan feedback and reactions.

"It's very helpful to hear what people have to say, how people see things and what people want to see from a franchise, whether it's one that you created or whether it's one that you're carrying on."

"It's not to say that we always have to blindly follow what the fans want, but it's nice to know what the fans are looking for, if that makes sense. [It's important to know] what people are expecting, what people are looking for, the questions that they feel that they need to have answers to. Because if you don't deliver on at least some of those things, then you've kind of failed."

Boyarsky moved to Blizzard in 2006 following the demise of Troika having worked on the Fallout series which is now in the hands of Bethesda. When pressed on the direction Bethesda have taken the Fallout series he added:

"They put their heart and soul into it. It's not easy making games. [laughs] You know, I'm not going to come along and second-guess what other people have done. The people who made Diablo before me could say the same thing about what we're doing with Diablo, so I wish them all the best of luck with what they're doing with it."

[​IMG]He's absolutely right, we know Runic's Max Schaefer and Erich Schaefer follow the development of Diablo 3 pretty closely from talking to them, after all it was their orginal vision now in the hands of a team that didn't work on the original games.

The full interview with Leonard can be read here where he discusses working on the Fallout series and how it compares to working at Blizzard on the Diablo franchise, especially when it comes to the game's story and where Diablo 3 is going after the story in [d2w]Diablo II: Lord of Destruction[/d2w].
    Continue reading the Original Blog Post.