Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lenymo upgrade/Blocking preferences

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Wolfedude, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Wolfedude

Wolfedude IncGamers Member

Lenymo upgrade/Blocking preferences

Having put my paladin folly behind me I am now concentrating on my FO sorc. One of the things I am considering is upgrading the lenymo sash, I like the mana regeneration. If upgraded, will the sash have 4 rows? And has anyone done this?
    Additionally, I am wondering whether or not to raise my dexterity to increase blocking. This will lower the amout of points available for life, of course, but the archers & spike fiends are hitting my character pretty frequently. What are you folks thoughts about blocking? Which shield do you recommend?
    Thanks in advance for your replies.

2. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Depends on the gear you have available.
    If you can get your hands on whistan's (or anything better) then gogo block ^_^
    If not then gogo vita.
    And yes, lenymo will give 4 slots for pot once upgraded.

3. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Nightsmoke is a better upgrade than Lenymo in my opinion.

High blocking is a very nice thing to have, but it does depend somewhat on your gear. If you have a decent shield (Sigon's, The Ward, Viscerataunt, Whitstan's, Moser's, 'Rhyme', Gerke's, 'Sanctuary', Storm) I'd highly recommend it.

4. Paladuck

Paladuck IncGamers Member

Mana regeneration is good, but it's a mod that you can find in a variety of other places. If you're a FO sorc, mana regeneration shouldn't be a very high concern of yours, since FO is a timed skill. Having a large mana pool and little regen actually works in practice a lot better than having a small mana pool and lots of regen

Trying to get max block with a poor blocking shield + no dex items is really wasteful. Try and get a good blocking shield (Whistans is ideal but has no resists), lots of +dex items, and if you can get resists elsewhere, maybe GA or upgraded Twitch for the +blocking.

5. Wolfedude

Wolfedude IncGamers Member

I can get my hands on Whitstans without any problem. As for resists I can socket it with a perfect diamond to get some. Then I have Wizardspike and a perfect Vipermagi to help with the resists. Some good rare jewelry and boots should allow me to have maxed resists in hell without much problem. As for the sash over nightsmoke I was thinking about replacing the nightsmoke that I am using now with the upgraded sash and that would enable me to use some rare gloves that would assist with the resists instead of magefists and I would not have to worry about mana regeneration.
    I am curious as to how much dexterity I would need at level, say 70, to get a max blocking rate of 75% with the whitstans?
    I have a high level Static Field to assist in some killing but am now wondering whether I should continue my build by maxing Chain Lightning and its Mastery?
    Has anyone used this skill as an adjunct to FO?

6. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

i have, and its great.

there is a very nice build in the sorc forum, guide rather. the nice thing about it is its a good quester. but i would rather take a pure orb sorc w/ max telekinises (however that dang word is spelled!) for a pure MFer

7. NeoHydragen

NeoHydragen IncGamers Member

Total Blocking = Shield Blocking x (Dex - 15) / CLvl x2

so

75 = ((155-15)75)/140

You will need 155 dex at lvl70

8. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

I would alocate points to dex so that max block is achieved and then go for at least 50% energy shield. After that, something like a 4:1 ratio for energy to life.

*Note: not in green. Regulars know what that means hehe. (hic)

9. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Moderation, Strongbad... lay off the soy sauce.