Legitimacy and me

xeyloderixed

Diabloii.Net Member
Legitimacy and me

so how legit is legit?

i'm not a very good writer so i'll bullet point some notes:

(1) i am still trying to get myself a legit, cubed enigma. foolish some say, but i realy think the high end runewords were made for the patient and the good players, not the dupers. i see duped runewords as something evil, and i dont want to associate myself with them.

(2) someone, well actually 2 people, already told me that it is a ridiculous idea. i quote one person: "you are actually cheating yourself", because in his mind all those ists and guls can get me like what, 20 duped enigmas worth? quite possibly more actually. the other friend told me that it doesnt really matter, because once i make mine all the others will see it as duped.

(3) i play with botters and cheaters. i join private baal runs with said people, though i myself am legit to the core. thankfully, when it comes time for me to tele i havent died yet.

-xey
ps: im up to lo, 2x gul, 4x ist, 3x um so far, so im like 15/16th off winning the lottery (is that number right? i think it should be a lot higher. too lazy to calculate) ><

Aerath

Diabloii.Net Member
I probably -would- assume you to have a duped armour if I saw you in an enigma.

Then again... odds of that are probably about as high as you cubing up to Zod in the next week.

Darkwell

Diabloii.Net Member
May I ask why you need an enigma soo much? A n00b question I suppose. What character(s) would benefit most by having one? PvP? Anyway, congrats striving to get one ligit. But like Aerath said, I think it would always be viewed with suspicion, with the exception of your friends here.

xeyloderixed

Diabloii.Net Member
its just always been my dream to achieve this setup:

2/50 dweb
breastplate enigma
(some) maras
5/5 facet shako
3 piece trangs
+2 marrows
2x soj

that, and i want to egt a 99 ><

so far, i have all but the top three items on that list, and a lvl 96 nec...

not like i NEED it, i WANT it >< mfing is so much faster with it, and i hate sorks to death. only reason i play sorks is to mf for my necs ><

Darkwell

Diabloii.Net Member
I understand now. I ran the countess endlessly until she dropped an ist. Not because I needed it, but because I wanted it from her, her highest drop. It became like an obsession with me. And when she did drop one, it was anticlimactic.

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
xeyloderixed said:
so how legit is legit?

i'm not a very good writer so i'll bullet point some notes:

(1) i am still trying to get myself a legit, cubed enigma. foolish some say, but i realy think the high end runewords were made for the patient and the good players, not the dupers. i see duped runewords as something evil, and i dont want to associate myself with them.

(2) someone, well actually 2 people, already told me that it is a ridiculous idea. i quote one person: "you are actually cheating yourself", because in his mind all those ists and guls can get me like what, 20 duped enigmas worth? quite possibly more actually. the other friend told me that it doesnt really matter, because once i make mine all the others will see it as duped.

(3) i play with botters and cheaters. i join private baal runs with said people, though i myself am legit to the core. thankfully, when it comes time for me to tele i havent died yet.

-xey
ps: im up to lo, 2x gul, 4x ist, 3x um so far, so im like 15/16th off winning the lottery (is that number right? i think it should be a lot higher. too lazy to calculate) ><
Welcome to d2 battle.net

the wild west with no (enforced) rules

xeyloderixed

Diabloii.Net Member
Darkwell said:
I understand now. I ran the countess endlessly until she dropped an ist. Not because I needed it, but because I wanted it from her, her highest drop. It became like an obsession with me. And when she did drop one, it was anticlimactic.
she can drop up to lo, but that will prolly take u until 2008 or so

Ankeli

Diabloii.Net Member
xeyloderixed said:
she can drop up to lo, but that will prolly take u until 2008 or so
i think he went after the "enhanced" drops, where ist is the highest

edit: to stay on topic, ive admitted that i used and USE maphack to see if the baal gc i buy maybe once a month is really a baal gc, to see the item lvl of it. i know i suck for doing that, but i aint wasting an um-mal for a non-baal gc.

xeyloderixed

Diabloii.Net Member
ok ok to stay on topic again:

a... um... friend is on the quit cycle and wanted to give me his enigma and beast ><

lol

u know what happened

i turned it down

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
I made an actual legit Chains of Honor Archon Plate in Ladder Season One. This was because a flayer in hell jungle dropped me a Ber :) Lets just say i was more than surprised at that occurence. Unless a monster drops you a Ber or the rune below it (too lazy to check) you shouldn't be thinging of trying to cube one. The wealth required is obscene.

xeyloderixed

Diabloii.Net Member
all right! an actual answer instead of spam! ty omikron

so.... 1 on "not cubing" so far, any other opinions?

should i just succumb to the devil and buy a dOOped enigma? -.-