Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Legendary Gem Tutorial: Zei's Stone of Vengeance

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

Flux Submitted a news story

Legendary Gem Tutorial: Zei's Stone of Vengeance

[​IMG]The Legendary Gem, Zei's Stone of Vengeance, boosts damage for every 10y distance the damage dealing object is from the target. On the PTR players were able to exploit this LGem by sticking a long DoT on the target and then leaving the level or portaling back to town, creating an infinite distance for infinite damage. That bug is no more, with a maximum distance of 50y (5x damage multiplier) and no more tricks for infinite distance.

That doesn't answer all of the questions, though.

How does Zei's Stone work?

Say i was to cast multishot about 10 yards away from a mob, what happens if there are mobs further away? will they receive the '10 yard damage' or will they receive more?

Grimiku: The short version is that Zei's Stone of Vengeance calculates it's damage bonus per monster hit. So, if a player casts Multishot just once, then monsters farther away take would more damage than those that are closer.

If you'd like a more detailed explanation then I also recommend checking out Mikhail's guide on YouTube: Diablo 3 RoS - Legendary Gem - Zei's Stone of Vengeance Explained.[source]http://diablo.incgamers.com/blizzard-tracker/devthread/us/14871857045[/source]

This gem sounds really good in description, but it's actually pretty junk for most builds, since it doesn't work well with pets or minions. The Rank 25 special stun effect doesn't trigger from attacks by pets, and the damage increase is from the source of the damage. Thus sentries or WD minions don't get any damage increase if they're right next to the target, and they won't stun it either.

We've linked to some of Meathead Mikhael's Legendary Gem tutorials before, and this one is useful as well. Click through for the embedded vid.
    Continue reading the Original Story

2. Moichi

Moichi IncGamers Member

This gem not only sounds really good in description, it’s actually pretty awesome for all ranged builds, including M6. The reason for that is that its damage is multiplicative.
    In the case of M6 proper sentry placement is a requirement though, which might not be for everyone.

3. rberacha

rberacha IncGamers Member

Zei is a must for Firebird Wizards.

4. HFDOH

HFDOH IncGamers Member

I have read a lot about the legendary gems the last couple of days but would like to hear a litte more, what gems are the best for monks , barbs ,DH
    wizzard, WD and crusaders. What are you dudes using on your characters?? Think it would be helpfull for many players.

5. Flux

Flux Administrator

I generally agree, and I find any play through or strat guide extracted from a streamer to be pretty much unwatchable. Usually decent visuals, but they tend to be 5 minutes of content spread over 20m of filler (which is practically inevitable when the player is just narrating and speaking in a "streamer of consciousness" style while he plays for hours a day. I know I find myself rambling endlessly when I do a live stream playing while talking to an audience.)

This guy's coverage of the legendary gems I find pretty good though. He gets right to the point and shows things clearly, with the gameplay illustrating the key points (albeit usually just for one class/build/aspect of the LGem).

That said, we aim to condense the various info and strategy for the DiabloWiki.net pages. The LGem ones are behind, but I want to get those up to date and collect all of the various info to them next week, after I finish moving this weekend and get some RL distractions out of the way.

6. HFDOH

HFDOH IncGamers Member

I try again what kind of Lgems are you dudes use for demeonhunters maybe irrelevant for other chars buthop to hear from other DH