Legal question

Fluffballer

Diabloii.Net Member
Legal question

I know this has been answered before, but I can't find it with a search...

My girlfriend wanted to take up D2 (haha what a dork! :laugh:) and we wanted to multiplay-- the direct connection whatever that is called. Now I remember in D1 you could burn a copy of the CD for up to 4 people or so to play with you. Does that work for D2 or do I need to buy another copy?

omgwtfbbqpwned

Diabloii.Net Member
You mean like TCP/IP games?

As long as you're not connecting to B.Net's server, just burn it. Money is money. I haven't bought a game in so long (thank you interweb). :rolleyes:

bobofuzzlymunky

Diabloii.Net Member
You mean like TCP/IP games?

As long as you're not connecting to B.Net's server, just burn it. Money is money. I haven't bought a game in so long (thank you interweb). :rolleyes:
damn haxxor.

40 isnt that much. just buy it.

also- get this ^.^

my friend went to gamestop last week and bought a used copy of d2 for 25 cents. it was like on sale x4.

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
I know this has been answered before, but I can't find it with a search...

My girlfriend wanted to take up D2 (haha what a dork! :laugh:) and we wanted to multiplay-- the direct connection whatever that is called. Now I remember in D1 you could burn a copy of the CD for up to 4 people or so to play with you. Does that work for D2 or do I need to buy another copy?
Legally, you need to buy another copy.

k/t said:
*buries Merick's corpse in the backyard*

Told you it would be.

*digs up Merick's corpse for some necro-lovin'* :shocked:

Lord Nyax

Banned
*digs up Merick's corpse for some necro-lovin'* :shocked:
Whoah, be careful. Stepping out of the OTF after being in there for any period of time can be dangerous, kinda like coming up from a Deep-Sea living environment. You need to...decompress. Necro-lovin' is good and all...but that corpse would be better used as a sacrifice to Shadow Cat. Scary lookin' thing, isn't it? Scares my balls off...

:largeevil::sinister:

Lord Nyax

Banned
Problem is that you need 2x CDs...and I do think that burning them is a "crime". That's kinda been the whole point...way to go...:rolleyes:

DarkElmo

Diabloii.Net Member
a way to copy is possible - You can copy it yes - i dont advise this because the ratio for a PERFECt copy (no missing data in an MPG file ect) Ratio : 10 disc = 1 works : Depending on your burn thing - its ILLEGLE to do so dont, but possible - also Watchout for CD-key gens - they are uselly key loggers, but few are txt gen ones - so it depends on what you do : In theory it works - i PERSONALLy have no need to do this - mine works fine. but if you decide to do so - then its YOUR problem and BN's : FINEs, prison, ect, record -- or spend $40 on a fresh copy - your choice.

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
Technically, burning a single copy of your D2 discs is allowed...but only for personal backup purposes.