Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

legal advice?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Technetium, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Technetium

Technetium IncGamers Member

legal advice?

Well, I still have not recieved my W-2 from the place I worked at during 2004. I have contacted the employer about 3 or 4 times before and after the tax filing due date. Each time they have said they would put the notice through the appropriate place. I know that businesses are supposed to be held criminally responsible if they fail to get that information out sometime around January or February. At this point, they're coming close to a half a year late. Is there any legal action I can take?

Wait a sec before you answer... There's one other key fact to this problem. The place I worked at in 2004 that has failed to send me the W-2 is... the IRS! I did data entry of taxes into the computers for them. Every time I have called them about this, the person on the other end ends up laughing that I am reporting them for failing to send me my W-2s, like this is some kind of funny joke. Actually, I think it is pretty damned sick that these people cannot send me the information they hold other businesses legally responsible for, after several calls to try and get them to do it. But what I can I do? It's like asking a police officer to arrest himself.

2. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin IncGamers Member

Well I don't think they are immune just because they are the IRS. Give a friendly neighborhood attourney a call and see what he has to say.

3. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

Yeah, get a lawyer. Make sure you have all your documentation in line.

4. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

You are going to try to sue the IRS? That's just a bit like trying to set the sun on fire. Good luck with that.

5. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Don't let the IRS try to intimidate you. They try anything like that, you go and give Bill O'Reilly a call. He'd love to do a story about the IRS not sending out tax info to it's employees. Anything to make them look bad is good. The bastards deserve it. Oh did I mention I had to pay them $3k last year? Go get 'em!

6. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

They were just the middle man, you actually gave me that last year, minus their middle man fee of course.