Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

leftover skill points (summoner)

Discussion in 'Druid' started by shag, Aug 30, 2006.

1. shag

shag IncGamers Member

leftover skill points (summoner)

i maxed grizzly, heart of wolverine, dire wolf and spirit wolf with single points in the shape shifting tree to get shock wave for crowd control.

wondering what i should invest into now, poison creeper? (have a single point for preventing monsters from healing, but would pumping make it effective at killing as well?) lycanthropy? max out shock wave? help! :smiley:

2. shag

shag IncGamers Member

still undecided. :undecided: any help is appreciated! :sad2:

3. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

Welcome to the wild, wild of Wolves! (well at least you summon them)

Poison got pretty nerfed in Hell unless you've got lots and lots of it like in a Rabies build. Having only a few hundred points of poison damage doesn't do a heck of a lot even if it's an area affect (poison mats). Poison doesn't do squat against the ubers either, use open wounds / crushing blow for them. Did you max shock wave? It might be helpful to you to have a longer stun. Points into lycanthropy might be helpful for more life and longer time in bear mode. You can summon / shock wave while in bearskin.
    I wouldn't do elemental unless you got lots and lots of points. I can't picture you needing hunger since summoners typically don't use massive amounts of mana or take that much damage (usually shielded by their summons). Have you given some thought to Maul? With +skills you should be able to do a 1 point wonder or even buff it up with a few points just in case you get bored and want to smash something personally.
    To be honest with you, I'm going to have to defer to the bear masters for this kind of stuff since I'm really a fury werewolf / summoner hybrid.

good luck and good hunting!
    Kirah