Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Left Skill on Trapper

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by McCOOL, Sep 2, 2006.

1. McCOOL

McCOOL Banned

Left Skill on Trapper

I'm not really feeling fire blast or shock web. I was thinking about putting 1 point in talon or maybe even 1 in dflight for left skill.

Also if I have dlfight on left click, does that mean my shadow will dlfight majority of the time when I tele?

Suggestions?

2. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

Fire Blast is the best left click option for a Trapper in my opinion. Using DF or Talon will usually get you killed (I tried a trapper with this, wasn;t helpful at all).

With FB you can sometimes surprise opponents when they are off screen as most don't realise that FB is damaging them.

3. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

Normal attack on left, everything else (traps, MB, tele, DF, etc.) on right. It creates the fastest and most accurate approach. You can only execute one skill at a time anyway. Many times, you will left click to run and evade, if you have a skill on left, you will inadvertently name-lock and execute that skill. The only skill that works well on left is talon or another close-range melee, but you are a pure trapper so it isn't needed.

4. wizAdept

wizAdept IncGamers Member

zomg! leftclick mindblast newbs!
    lawlz.

/sarcasm.
    I second normal attack/talon as good options for leftclick on trapper. It allows you to leftclick namelock to run towards opponents and shift tele from leftclick namelock, this can throw some opponents off if they are expecting a trapper to play pure rightclick.
    Although its a tactic I rarely find myself using when on a trapper, I almost always namelock on rightclick when I can with them.

I don't think fb to be that effective offscreen, but I <3 telefireblasting players. The additional stun is great, I recommend any trapper to try out this tactic if they don't use it. Trap like normal, then move mouse to center of screen, tele from namelock, rightclick fb namelock at melee. This will stun casters and prevent them from r/w'ing out of traps.

5. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

Just as an added note, the thing that really defines what goes on left click are chained namelock skills, that is, skills that you can hotkey between while maintaining the same namelock. For example, you want to be able to name-lock with MB, drop some traps from the same namelock, teleport from the same namelock (which loses your namelock) and tri-whirl. There are other examples but that one is probably the most common. As a pure trapper, just lose the whirl part.