Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

LEB Monsters Nerfed?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by zaphette, Feb 1, 2004.

1. zaphette

zaphette IncGamers Member

LEB Monsters Nerfed?

I had noticed this some time ago, but just thought of it again.

I remember when a regular LEB would have me shaking in my greaves, and a MSLEB was just something to run away from (hopefully w/40% R/W).

Today, I'm battling my way through the great marsh, and come upon a boss pack of jungle apes. I check the mods, MSLEB and extrasomethingoranother. My old insticts kick in and I'm thinking run away. By this time my skells are on him and bolts are flying around, but there aren't many, and they don't seem to hurt much. So he goes down, none of my skells are killed, and I haven't even thought about a potion for my merc, much less myself.

Has anyone else noticed this? Have I just been lucky?

2. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Welcome to 1.10

The Multishot Lightning Enchanted bug that would produce large wads of charged bolts stacked on top of each other were fixed.

In one way it is a good thing. On the other hand I kinda miss the days Ancient Kaa the Soulless would send a shiver down my spine. (He has a fair chance of sporting MSLEB).

Then again, now we have Fire Enchanted that even when it is not bugged can be quite fatal for the unwary. Skelliemancers shouldn't fear though.

3. Lylanthwol

Lylanthwol IncGamers Member

Oh yeah, good 'ole Ancient Kaa. MSLEB's just don't tickle anymore.

I also miss the days of wetting the old codpiece on the way to Duriel and Hephasto. Even Big D is disgustingly easy now. I've been running the CS a whole lot, haven't even come close to getting my butt kicked. Sad.

Maybe 1.11 or D3 will conjure up some fear again. (in 2017 of course)

4. zaphette

zaphette IncGamers Member

After talking about nerfed monsters I recalled the most appreciated monster nerf of the game (at least in my opinion)

Feel free to disagree, but if you played D2 classic you will remember the "Unkillable Teleport" bosses.

I recall very clearly having bosses that I could NOT kill. They would get to a sliver and then teleport, which healed them. If they teleported multiple times, they could be well over half health. Teleportation/Stoneskin = forget it for my bowazon.

Ah...the good old days. When men were real men, women were real women, and small furry creatures from alpha centari were real small furry creatures from alpha centari. :)

5. Lylanthwol

Lylanthwol IncGamers Member

No disagreement there, I almost forgot about that!

Radamant used to spawn that way regularly, my first necro couldn't kill him in NORMAL! As soon as I amped and CE'd the sucker he'd tele away and come back at me. Fought him for an hour and could never get enough damage on him to take him out. Finally a barb came in and LA'd him to death.

Another fun one of that ilk were the cantor packs in Travincal. Heal each other, and if that doesn't work, Tele!