Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Least used builds for assassins?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Krazy_Solo, May 4, 2005.

1. Krazy_Solo

Krazy_Solo IncGamers Member

Least used builds for assassins?

I'm curious as to what are some of the least used assassin builds not used often on bnet.

2. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

bladesin

10 charmanders

3. IIDX

IIDX IncGamers Member

there least used for a reason, but if your wanting to expirement go with a bladesin and bombsin.

4. San

San IncGamers Member

Psycic hammer -sins are pretty rare. and difficult

5. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

I suggest you check out the players guides then ask about specific skills. Assassins, with the exception of LS trappers are prety hard to play. But can be very rewarding and very powerful. Good luck. You are in a freindly forum.

6. vinsensual

vinsensual IncGamers Member

bladesin=furysin??

if so i must agree its dificult to play esp untwinked and against mobs, but its nice having someone who can use any eth weapon without fear.

7. FrostyReturns

FrostyReturns IncGamers Member

Im going to hijack your post for a second and ask if anyone has ever tried to make a Dragon claw assassain. i started playing ladder and have got my mfer going and she keeps finding MA sin stuff. so i went and look at skills and i thought it would be interesting to use:max dragon claw/ tiger strike/ weapon block/claw mastery. not sure if it would be viable so i thought i'd ask if anyone has tried it before! :thumbsup:

8. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

Err....ya think?

9. Speederländer

Viable for what?

10. LagunaCid

LagunaCid IncGamers Member

kicksins are very easy to use ;)
    Just hard to build it...

11. Speederländer

Not really true. If all you do is tank, then perhaps its an easy build to play. But, like most other classes, the devil is in the details, and so are the interesting tactics and quirks of the build.

12. Mr.Grimmy

Mr.Grimmy IncGamers Member

I'm in the process of putting together a character based on dragon claw. I realize that it will have several disadvanteges when compared to other sin builds. My interest stems from some experimenting i did with my ww sin, using lvl 1 (7 with skills) dragon claw and literally shreding a couple of hammerdins and amazons. They were probably very unskilled, but it was just too fun.
    I think that dclaw by itself will probably not do so well, so I was thinking of a dclaw/ww hybrid. I'm trying to work out skill placement, but I think it will be interesting and fun to put together (even if it sucks in duels) If i get around to it in a timely fashon i'll let you know how it goes.

13. Speederländer

The difficulty with dragon claw is speed vs. res and PDR. You can't use fade with dragon claw. You simply must go BoS. Further, you likely need ias jewels and the like anyway. I played with the idea for a while and then decided it was too limiting. Your best bet is to get an upped tucs on each hand and shael them (or ias/ED if you can make the numbers work). You'll almost HAVE to make this an anti-caster build. You'll never get any real PDR. I would say don't go out of your way to get it. Attack speed and res will be the things to punch up.

Post your build ideas. I would be interested in considering options for a build like this. I won't make it since my last sin lapsed (no more shadow gcs with screaming high life), but I have some ideas and I've experimented a lot.

You need to establish immediately who you will duel with it. It will be a fairly narrow focus.

ADD:
    I think you will need 55 to 60 ias on top of your BoS assuming a BoS total level in the mid to high 20s.
    20 ias gloves
    30 ias in a COA with a pair of 15 ias/15 res all jewels.
    15 ias/res or ED in each claw should do it (since the ias on the claws doesn't stack with DC iirc).

You end up with a 5 frame attack I believe, 10 frames for one animation of two claw hits. That's too slow to lock up anyone with good FHR. You'll probably want decent OW.

14. LagunaCid

LagunaCid IncGamers Member

Is there other things to do other than DFlight/DTail the beast?

15. Mr.Grimmy

Mr.Grimmy IncGamers Member

What i was thinking was going for a ww/dclaw hybrid. I would use chaos in runic talons and fury in feral. This would reduce the needed Ias somewhat. I was thinking that using a chains of honer would provide the necessary resists allowing me to use burst of speed when in dclaw mode. I would still need a little ias, perhaps a nice pair of blood gloves/rares with 2 to martial arts, some reisists and 20 ias. ( i need to double check my calc, but i believe lvl 13 bos will give 10fps with the claws i plan to use and 20ias from gloves)

The upped tucs, Coa,and 4x 15res/15ias jewels are out of my pricerange right now :(

I'm still planning out the char, and looking at skill placement. THe end result I imagine will be an ok dueler, basically a weaker ww sin, with a secondary attack with extremely high AR. I don't think it will be an awesome dueler by any standards, but might be fun to try.

16. MaCrae

MaCrae IncGamers Member

I've got a Dclaw assassin at level 45 or so in act 3 nightmare. 800-1000 damage on both claws, 1000 defense, 500 hp. 20 in dclaw, 10 in mastery, 5 points in frozen claw (or whatever), 1 in venom speed and blades, which i keep running allthe time. With a +2 amulet and hat that give +4 to all shadow skills these are all at level 5. She is doing fine but is a little fragile and has trouble with interrupted attacks, however the nice thing about DCLAW is that with a 5000 AR it always hits if not interrupted, which allows her to fight against higher level mobs than she should be able to at her level. I was level 23 by the time i reached act 6 normal and had to slow down because i'd hit an xp penalty for advancing too quickly : )

17. bipolar

bipolar IncGamers Member

18. shijo

shijo IncGamers Member

I use dclaw in my build and once I get some resist stuff, I think it'll be pretty decent. Right now I'm at 20 dclaw, 10CoS, 1 BF(support), 20 SM, 20 venom. Probably go 10 CM or maybe some into DS for support. I use a chaos + fury which I'm pretty sure puts me at a solid ias %. I listed my build/gear in my C/C question(s) thread. If you use the right combination of BF CoS and Dclaw it works out very well, especially with the Fury (ignore targ defense) in the mainhand.

-If you do go fury + chaos for WW you better stock up on about 30 orts, because WW chews these weapons up like they're tin foil. I had to stop using it because of that.

Speed: What do you mean you can't use fade with dclaw?

19. Bert

Bert IncGamers Member

Atm i'm making a sin with 20p Dtalon, 20 in tiger strike, and some other charge up skills.

The other skillpoints i'm putting into the CE trap for fast mob killing

It works fine atm (hell act 1) :clap:

Anyone lvld this type of char far into hell?

Bert