Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Least "Leet" gear dependent build?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by synth, Mar 17, 2004.

1. synth

synth IncGamers Member

Least "Leet" gear dependent build?

Hey everyone, been playing DII for a few years now, but just recently got back into it for the expansion and 1.10. I've been reading quite a lot of guides here(all of them very good btw), but I was just wondering what you all think is the least gear dependent build. I have little extremely good equipment(well, got a Guardian Angel from a Champion Fallen Shaman and lost that transfering, but that's another story :hanky:) , and don't wish to be dependent on having it in the future(though I probably will get some sooner or later, but until then, I wanna be as effective as possible). Many thanks.

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

I'd say skelly-mancer, hands-down. They don't rely on weapon damage, and don't getting hit too often. All you need are +skills which can quite easily be aquired on necro heads and wands - from drops or shops.

The other I might recommend is meteorb sorc, she can do hell mephisto quite easily with some fcr gear as long as she uses the moat trick.

3. synth

synth IncGamers Member

Well, I've already got my Skellimancer and Meteorb Sorc both at lvl 77, and just kinda hit a wall around Hell Act 2(I hate Act 2 :rant:). My Meteorb has 75% block with Gerke, but her resists are really low, so she gets torn apart. And my Skellimancer... well, his skellies and merc just don't quite cut it against Hell uniques and their minions... specially the Burning Dead archers. But I'll just keep plowing onward. Thanks for the help.

4. funnelweb2

funnelweb2 IncGamers Member

It sounds as though you need better gear. My recommendation would be to do go back and do Meph runs in N'mare until you've got what you need. N'mare Meph can drop a lot of good stuff and with a level 77 sorc you should be able to do each run really fast.

5. admmad

admmad IncGamers Member

I agree, my skellie didn't have much trouble even with very regular gear. Gear is completely focused to +skills and mf. Very low defense and res (-40 average), but I almost never get hit with my army of skellies, mages, golem and merc.

6. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Irene

My favorite non-eq-dependent build:

Irene :D

7. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

Agreed w/ the skellymancer. And don't forget to hire an act2 might merc to cut skelly killing time in half. Nice thing about the merc is it doesn't need uber equipment for hell survivability (stealkull/crown of thieves, duriels, bonehew)

8. Dark-LYNX

Dark-LYNX IncGamers Member

I like the barbarian, since he has tons of life and resists from his passives, he only needs a good weapon/shield with some leech to be effective.

9. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Agreed!

However if you would like to make it beyond act 1 normal fishymancers or skellimancers are the way to go without items.

10. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

Yes, my MF skelemancer is now level 87, when I was questing hell with him he was using cheap stuff like trang armor, some +2 skills coronet gambled from gheed, a plus skills ammy.... I did use a wizspike for resists but thats not too expensive.... and ppl tell me that resists aren't that important anyhow, but I like having not to avoid death novas and explosions which would kill somebody with low res....

With regard to those burning dead archers, I still get pissed off by them at level 87 cos there're so many at one time, you gotta be real careful and cast attract on one of them so the rest just shoot it while your minions handle everything. Once one of them is down, just CE away until all fall.

11. synth

synth IncGamers Member

Thanks for all the help, everyone. I'll keep up with the Skellimancer then, and I'll definately do runs with my sorc for gear. Love the positive response here. I hope to post more in the future. Thanks again.