Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Leaper Bug

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by stimy, Apr 5, 2004.

1. stimy

stimy IncGamers Member

Leaper Bug

After using cold attacks like blizzard and frozen orb on leapers they get down to 1hp , then i cant kill them no matter what i attack with. Merc completely ignores it too. Anyone else having this problem?

2. WarriorX

WarriorX IncGamers Member

I haven't gotten them down to 1 hp specifically, but I have had times when fighting leapers where they become randomly invulnerable. It seems as though, once they get knocked back, they find a spot where they cannot be targeted... any ideas?

3. ReZ The Profound

ReZ The Profound IncGamers Member

I know how this works, ^.^ i think im the person that first discovered this it works if you have Flamebellow/Frostwind and leap you cast Inferno or The thing that Frostwind gives and you quickly switch to leap and leap into the frost blast/inferno adn you got into a state of just floating there yo ucan walk through walls and all but other people dont see you moove and you become invincble....

4. WarriorX

WarriorX IncGamers Member

We aren't talking about barbarians using leap attack. "Leapers" are the monsters in outdoors Act II and Outer Steppes in Act IV. This could be related to the leap attack bug but I doubt it, as the leapers become invincible after being knocked back, not after leaping.

BTW, the Druid skill is called Arctic Blast.

5. rykros1987

rykros1987 IncGamers Member

you can kill the leaper if you hit it with a noraml attack lol i slapped one with my eschutas problem fixed LOL :thumbsup:

6. A_S_G

A_S_G IncGamers Member

:lol: :thumbsup: I havn't noticed this. . but, with barbarians leap it's hard for monsters to hit you if you just leap arround (my friend did this in cows 20-25 when I leveled him, the cows couldn't even touch him) Maybee it's the same thing with Monsters - Characters as Characters - Monsters :scratch:

7. rykros1987

are talking about it as if i was talking about slaping a barb with an eschuta who was leaping?!!?! lol no im talking about the little terds that jump everywhere....lol
    ow i see what ur getting at but no what they mean is its a glitch that makes the leaper immune to all harm except normal attacks after its like frozen by something and then killed but while still frozen is the trick i tihnk .... just make a sorc with the freezing armor that freezes em and kill em while they frozen they supposively wont die if u do it right and then theyll attk u and ur merk will ignore them so u just use normal attack on it and u can kill it with that but anything else fails to even hit i believe...

8. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

Yes, I have had this problem once before. If I remember correctly, I was going through Act2 of Normal Mode, with my Enchantress (melee sorc), and got a Cave Leaper down to a sliver of health, and he just wouldn't die!

I hit him a lot of times, and so did another player in the game with me, and that annoying bugger kept on following me all around the map. So I started on a dash, right through a pack of other monsters, and into another area, and he finally was left behind and stopped following us.

9. rykros1987

did ur enchantress happen to be one of them kinds with the armor that freezes?

10. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

At the time, yes, I might have had the armor on, but I'm not sure.

11. rykros1987

that is what causes it i hear... i tihnk its a glitch to where like...the armor freezes but when u kill when their frozen it kinda is glitched to where i guess it cant find the file for dieing during frozen and so like...it doesnt die but yet the server already processed it as dead so the merc no longer acts aggressive to it and it becomes like invincible but the odd thing is i was able to kill it with my little eschuta...i was in nm when it occured for me and i was using the freezing armor so maybe....use a armor that doesnt freeze but chills so they dont freeze and go like that might help! :thumbsup: :buddies: :idea: