Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Leap Attack Barb

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by engoldin, Jun 26, 2008.

1. engoldin

engoldin IncGamers Member

Leap Attack Barb

I've been reading some Bvc guides and was happy to see that Leap, which has always been a formidable utility skill, is finally being used to its potential in the PVP realm. A Barb with 20 hard points invested in the Leap skill is not longer an uncommon thing. This got me thinking.

Leap synergizes Leap Attack. A Barb that specialized in Leap Attack could make great use of the 20 hard points he might invest in Leap anyway. I have a few questions though:

1. Why isn't Leap Attack a popular PVP skill?
    2. What are the strengths of Leap Attack?
    3. What are the weakness of Leap Attack?
    4. Does Leap Attack trigger FHR animations when the Barb lands like Leap does?
    5. Can one Leap Attack in place like one can Leap in place?
    6. Could a Teleport + Leap Attack be a viable strategy in the PVP realm?

2. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

Re: Leap Attack Barb

It's too slow your opponent will have more than enough time to move out of the way

3. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

Swarmalicious has made a great leap attack barb guide (the guide to the flying booyakah). Don't have a link though. I'll answer the questions I know the answer to though:
    1. You spend at least a second in the air before you attack. That's much more than enough for the enemy to teleport away and blast you with all sorts of nasty attacks
    2. Quite high enchanced damage, can leap over rivers and over other enemies (a good way to get past the fallen and directly attack the shaman).
    3. It's slow, and you have to be a bit away from the enemy to do it. There are different stragies to get a distance with the enemy so you can make a leap, but it's still not as easy to use as frenzy or concentrate.
    5. Nope
    6. When you leap attack, you select where you want to attack before leaping. When you're in the air, the enemy will move an inch left, and you'll miss, and you'll be very open for attacks.

You should read swarmaliciouses guide though, search google for the flying booyakah

4. Kordova

Kordova IncGamers Member

i have a ww baba that i utillized a few times when a smiter smites in one place, and a its good in team battles, NL leap attack, land(may hit most times dont, then ww twards enemies..or whatever patteren you like, if yer lucky and land a hit its a decent chance to 1 hit someone with the hi dmg. or maybe switch it up with tele and leap attack, with yer main ww

5. Emperor91

Emperor91 IncGamers Member

id never make a LA barb. just too inconvenient/

plus the fact that hes too vulernable. i dont think hell ever be used seriously