leap attack barb? (only half serious...)

ploof

Diabloii.Net Member
leap attack barb? (only half serious...)

just a thought :lol:

Maxed Leap attack with Maxed synergy (leap) will give you:

Leap Attack
.-=-.,.-=-.,.-=-.,.-=-.,.-=-.
Damage: +870%
Attack (AR): +335%
mana cost: 9

When placed in comparisson with almost any other viable skill on the barbs roster...

Frenzy (maxed syns, except beserk)
Damage: +505%
attack: +233%
attack speed: +7-42%
walk/run speed: +47-171%
mana cost: 3

concentrate (maxed syns, except beserk)
Defense: +290%
Attack: +250%
Damage: +465%
Mana cost: 2

Beserk (maxed syns)
Attack: +385%
Magic Damage: +835% (woah)
Duration: 1.3 seconds
Mana cost: 4
.-=-.,.-=-.,.-=-.,.-=-.

Bash (maxed syns)
.-=-.,.-=-.,.-=-.,.-=-.
Attack: +215%
Damage: +245%
Damage: +20 (min/max??)
mana cost: 2
.-=-.,.-=-.,.-=-.,.-=-.

Stun (maxed syns)
.-=-.,.-=-.,.-=-.,.-=-.
Attack: +210%
Damage: +160%
duration: 9 seconds
mana cost: 2
.-=-.,.-=-.,.-=-.,.-=-.

The only skill which comes close to damage % is beserk, and it'll cost you at least 20 more points to build.

ANyways, I just thought it was interesting that blizzard would make leap attack with that high of a possible damage output. The build itself would *probably* be impossible because:

1. Leap attack is extremely slow. Even with the fact that you can use it without actually leaping anywhere, it's still a timered skill (Bad).
2. costs a lot of mana.

Anyways... i just thought that was interesting. I suppose for max damage output a beserker barb would rule. Think of an eth BotD on a beserker barb built effectivley? Screw 8k damage, you'd be kicking a lot more arse than that. :evil:

I also think that this kinda proves stun and bash completley ineffective vs. the skills conc, zerk or frenzy... IMHO.

-ploof :yep:

podi

Diabloii.Net Member
i had a berzerker ones :) he didnt kick *** in hell =( wep was a 2% from perf /w 5sock runemaster, but that wasnt enough.. and for second i had a hellslayer[shael] useless in combat, but fun other wise :) killed diablo normal in 2 hits :)

Guntaas

Diabloii.Net Member
Booyaka

HoppingMad, my lvl 81 Booyaka barb (uses the IK set without the armor), is doing great in hell. If I can kill the monster in one hit, I can usually kill the mob quickly. Also, you can speed up leap attack with more ias, but the leap time depends greatly on how far you are leaping.

One major bad point you didn't mention was the tendency to miss the monster. If you jump really high, and the monster moves out of your weapon range, you will not connect with your hits. Using a pike or some other long range (not missle) weapon can help solve this. *Guessing* at where the moster will be is another solution, but its tricky.

Maxing just the leap skill is great for party play. Since the knockback radius at lvl 20 is pretty much the entire screen, you can keep monsters continually stunned while your party stomps them into the ground.

The Booyaka page is a great reference.

ploof

Diabloii.Net Member
Guntaas said:
The Booyaka page is a great reference.
oh man, thanks a lot. I had no idea of the potential of the leap attack build. I suppose i just kinda made an assumption that leap attack was timered, as when I tested it, it seemed very slow.