Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Leaf Runeword

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by traalor, Oct 3, 2006.

1. traalor

traalor IncGamers Member

Leaf Runeword

Is it broken recently, or am I doing something wrong?

Cedar Staff, completely nonmagical. It has Lightning Mastery +1, Meteor +1, and Fire Mastery +2 (Not the absolute best skill bonuses, but good enough for my purposes). It has 3 socket slots. I put a Tir rune in, and a Ral rune in, fully expecting to see 'Leaf' pop up at the top of the item description.

What am I missing here?

edit: And I left the third socket open, by the way.. I've had other runewords become broken by putting other jewels/gems/runes in the item, but they DID work UNTIL I filled the extra sockets.

2. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

Doesn't work that way. Must have EXACT number of sockets. that's how it has been for qutie a few patches.

3. traalor

traalor IncGamers Member

Odd... is it only Leaf? Because when I made a lore helm for my druid on a headpiece with three sockets it worked fine.

4. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

It's like that for ALL runewords. Are you playing an older (and hence buggier) version of D2 offline?

5. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

just backing him up on this. It must have the exact number of sockets as stated. if you got a runeword with 1 socket left open, then you have a glitch. (If your on-line and it glitched, sell that thing for massive $$$. Someone will buy it.)

6. traalor

traalor IncGamers Member

It was online for sure, and I am absolutely certain that it worked, until I added a third rune mistakenly believing it wouldn't ruin the word. It was this last spring that I did it, I don't remember if there've been patches since then. I just recently started up diablo again.

7. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Might have been bugged or something, but this is definite. The item in question has to have the exact amount of sockets. If not, just the stats from the runes will be added. I have made mistakes with this long ago and it never worked with more sockets for me.

Concerning your Leaf: Getting a none-magical 2 socket staff with some nice mods is pretty easy. Just visit Akara or Drognan in Normal mode and after a few hsop item resets you will have some nice 2 socket staff that will suit your needs.

8. traalor

traalor IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure it wasn't worth anything even while I still had it... after all, adding another item would break it. Though I guess if I didn't mention that I might've been able to get good $$ out of it.

But thanks for correcting my mistaken assumptions about Runewords before I lost something more valuable than a Ral rune :p