LCS attack rating and chance to hit formulas

zaphodbrx

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi there.

I'm having some problems with my attack rating calculations.

According to my LCS, my attack rating is 9304

Using the formula Chance to Hit: 100 * AR / (AR + DR) * 2 * alvl / (alvl + dlvl)

vs council member: Character level: 94, Monster level: 85, Monster defense: 1875
I get chance to hit of 87%

However if I hover mouse button over AR on LCS, it says: Chance to hit council member: 85%

What's wrong here?

onderduiker

Diabloii.Net Member
In Hell, Council Members in Travincal have 1,757 base defence in Ladder and Single Player games (but only 1,493 base defence on closed Battle.net). Base level (82) is still used when calculating defence, although modified level (85) is used when adjusting for level difference.

100 * 9304/(9304+1757) * 2 * 94/(94+85) ~ **% chance to hit

I haven't thoroughly investigated the peculiarities of the character screen, but it seems it is using monster level in MonStats.txt (**) to determine base defence (as is your source, incorrectly rounding up instead of down) and level:

100 * 9304/(9304+1874) * 2 * 94/(94+**) ~ 85% chance to hit

However, I have thoroughly investigated the facts monster level is determined by area level in Nightmare and Hell (unless the monster is a boss), base level is still used to calculate defence and modified level is used when adjusting for level difference.

hubb

Diabloii.Net Member
In Hell, Council Members in Travincal have 1,757 base defence in Ladder and Single Player games (but only 1,493 base defence on closed Battle.net). Base level (82) is still used when calculating defence, although modified level (85) is used when adjusting for level difference.

100 * 9304/(9304+1757) * 2 * 94/(94+85) ~ **% chance to hit
^Wouldn't that be what actually happens? Just remember to reduce the monster's defense if you have that on your weap.