Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lazy pvm build ?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by UnRegistred, Apr 15, 2005.

1. UnRegistred

UnRegistred IncGamers Member

Lazy pvm build ?

Silly one but id like to know

Which build is best for the lazy playing type ?

I mean, without the need to click-click-click on monsters and shortkey-shortkey all the time ?

.i.e : As a sorc, you can blizzard or Orb and thunder. No need to target anything and still enjoy the show...

Is there a build for assassin that allows you to do things and then you just wait for the mobs to die ?

Because im sometime distracted by real life things and i need a good assassin build that doesnt require too much concentration. (efficient one ofcourse, cuz i intend to kill baal, meph, cows solo too)

pvm build that is.

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

A trapsin would probably be your best bet...she "just" has to lay down her traps and cast Mind Blast once in a while...But really the Assasin class is one of the more difficult ones to master, and they usually need a lot of hot-keys and different skills for them to really shine. If you are feeling really lazy I'd recommend a skellymancer, since they really only need to cast Amplify Damage...okay maybe a bit of Corpse Explosion too, but definitely for the lazy ones...

3. ZeGeRtheslayer

ZeGeRtheslayer IncGamers Member

Hmm... talking about Skellymancers, are they able to survive solo in hell? It just seems to me that Skeletons are a bit weak, but I may be wrong...

4. UnRegistred

well, not lazy to the extrem but sort of.

i just want an assassin build that can be played without using any hotkeys execpt ofcourse for drinking potions.. However i dont want a weak defensive assassin either.

As for corpse explosion, im not sure. i never was a necromancer type. I dont want to fall asleep either :)

Lightning Trapsin sounds interesting but can we kill hell Baal / hell cow with just lightning Traps ? can they be used as primary attack ?

Like i said, the build im looking for has to be able to solo hell Baal and hell cow.

5. John Garrano

John Garrano IncGamers Member

I doubt you will find an assassin build that doesn't require a few hotkeys...
    Lightning trapsin would be the most similar to that, although you may have a problem with lightning immunes (like light sorcs or javzons).

I feel i must speak in behalf of the necros, my other favorite char in D2. I used to say i didn't like the idea of a summoner because it sounded lame and lazy, once i've tried it i totally changed my mind. He solos everything i can think of, except for cows because he'd kill the King in no time. Oh yes and untwinked. But that belongs to another forum...

Honestly, even being an assassin lover, if you're not interested in a challenge, you should try some other char like hammerdin or necro IMO.

6. St_HotPants

St_HotPants IncGamers Member

A Trapasin or Furysin would be the way to go.

I have a level ** Furysin that uses alot of traps and I solo'd all of Hell including Baal and Cows without problem. Only a Lightning Zon will be able to kill cows faster than you can.

Blade Fury is an amazing 1 point wonder skill especially when used in coordination with traps.

7. UnRegistred

Trapsin or Furysin ? sounds cool

Could you post your build ? (like how many points you put in each including the prereq ?) .

Ya since some creatures are immune to lightning, ill need a secondary attack.

8. UnRegistred

This isnt about challenge, more about playing style actually. Like i said, i cannot focus too much on my computer screen. I have to watch other things :)

Anyway,

I tried necro once and i didnt like it. ( too many pixels on your screens )

I enjoyed Bowazon straffer and Orb/thunder sorc. With them, you can press the mouse button without targeting anything specific.. and still the mobs are going to die.

I also made two Paladins : One with Hammerdin, and one with convert

I also made a ww Barba Axe.

Druid, Javson and Assassin are the only 3 left.

The druid with the orbiting music wind looks interesting but i still want to try the assassin. The Druid will probably be next.

9. lorenzo

lorenzo IncGamers Member

lightning trapsins can easily get 10K+ damage with max synergies and equipment... and it would probably be the most "lazy" assasin build aswell...

all you really need to do is lay down ur traps... spam mindblast for some crowd control then lay down a death sentry and watch the blood and gore fly...

as for lightning immunes... all u need is a act2 merc with an infinity and that would solve all ur immune problems... a holy freeze merc would also help with crowd control but might get u a bit of a problem with corpse's shattering and everything :thumbsup:

10. Luckymofo

Luckymofo IncGamers Member

you're partially right, but infinity's lvl 12 aura won't remove ALL light immunes such as gloams i think

11. ZeGeRtheslayer

ZeGeRtheslayer IncGamers Member

Hmm...what does "Infinity" do?

12. BodomSaint

BodomSaint IncGamers Member

Infinity
    4 Socket Polearms
    Ber + Mal + Ber + Ist

50% Chance To Cast Level 20 Chain Lightning When You Kill An Enemy
    Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped
    +35% Faster Run/Walk
    +255-325% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    -(45-55)% To Enemy Lightning Resistance (varies)
    40% Chance of Crushing Blow
    Prevent Monster Heal
    0.5-49.5 To Vitality (Based on Character Level)
    30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    Level 21 Cyclone Armor (30 Charges)

My Trapsin's merc uses one, and well, my traps cut through enemy lines like a razor blade. However, as posted above, Infinity is not able to remove every immunity since some monsters are too resistant to a given element. Another little drawback is the imho small range of Conviction. But that's just a little issue, because most monsters even die before entering the area of conviction and those strong enough to do so, die once the are affacted :D
    And for those monsters that remain LI you still have Fire Blast, which also gets powered up by Conviction

13. Whiplashfourever

Whiplashfourever IncGamers Member

OMG my head is spinning. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this guys opening statement. "I started an assassin the other day and she's all ready level 80". WOW!?!?! I'm new to this whole D2 thing. I've created every character and played them with varying success, but the terminology here is putting a major damper on what I thought I was doing - LOL. What's synergies mean?

Bodom, this info is in regards to the polearm you act2 merc is using? I assume you made the weapon rather than found it right?

14. BodomSaint

BodomSaint IncGamers Member

yes, my Trapsin's Merc uses it and yes i made the weapon (Runewords cannot be found ;)). But don't get me wrong, Trapsins are very very strong, even without Infinity. Infinity is rather icing on the cake, it's not essential for this build to have top notch gear to succeed (actually it's pretty boring with godlike stuff, since every monster drops even before you places all your traps ;))

15. Whiplashfourever

Whiplashfourever IncGamers Member

Okay, lets cut through the red tape here and see if I can get a basic answer and then work from there. A lot of the terminology you're using on this site is foreign to me so I don't know what it is you're talking about - LOL, so, treat me as a baby fresh newbie - LOL.

I want to be a trap setting assassin (lightning seems to be best so I'm going with that) I have 19 skill points to distribute right now and more to come I'm sure, but, right now, the 19 I have left should go where? That's my biggest question on the skills side of it. The other big question I have is, where should I put the stat points I've been sitting on? I have 90 of those as I sit here typing. She's a 25th level assassin with 2 or 3 level abilities right now and she dies a LOT when I try to cow her to gain more exp. unless I go in and stick next to a high level sorc or zon. So, that's it in a nut shell.

Question 1. 19 skill points, where should they go to best suit my purpose

Question 2. 90 stat points, where do they go to best suit my purpose.

Once I have a clear idea on that, I can get into what sort of armor and weapons I should be looking for.

BodomSaint, if it's not breaking some unwritten code of ethics I'm unaware of, could you tell me what you did as you brought your character along? tell me where you put the points for both stats and skills?

Also, what is this Infinity that you're referring to? I don't see it as a skill. Is it something you create using the runes I pick up when I see them? I also assume that you are using an act 2 polearm merc right. That's the merc you referred to earlier right? Should I be looking for a particular one with particular skills to best compliment me with who I am as a character?

There's so much I don't know :eek:

16. Sammorai

Sammorai IncGamers Member

Whiplash, for a light trapsin (assasin that uses lightning traps) your 19 skill points are best placed in lightning sentry, and after that into charged bolt sentry. After both of these are maxed (ie you cannot place any more points in them) it is a good idea to put your skill points into fire blast. You should try to put 1 point into skills like weapon block, death sentry, burst of speed/fade, physchic hammer, mindblast and shadow warrior and shadow master. Any spare skill points you have left after this should go into either shock web or shadow master.
    As for the 90 stat points the advised stats for a light trapsin are as follows:
    Strength - 79 (this is to allow you to equip good claws and armour mainly, same
    Dexterity - 79 applies to dexterity)
    Vitality - Everything else (to add health and therefore to stay alive :) )
    Energy - Base (most trapsins can survive with no added poitns here but if you have added some its not the end of the world)

To clarify synergies are effectively "links" between skills, you can see them listed at the bottom of each skill description. This means that you should put points into skills like charged bolt sentry as it passively boosts the damage of lightning sentry (hope thats clear :) )

Infinity is whats called a runeword, you may have noticed runes dropping from monsters, these act much like gems in that you can socket them into items to improve the item. Runewords are what makes runes different from gems, if you socket certain runes in a certain order into certain items (its very precise) then you get a runeword, which are usually incredibly powerful items. So you cant find infinity on the ground, but you CAN find the parts you need to make one.
    (although infinity needs pretty rare runs to make so dont get you hopes up too high)

Finally the playing style of a trapsin is to lay down your traps and then to either mindblast the enemies or to just stay alive while the traps kill the monsters.

Hope this helps you.
    Sammorai (phew long post)