Lazy/ Easy Killer?

levitikus

Diabloii.Net Member
Lazy/ Easy Killer?

Ok first of al I am not lazy. I have been tryin to find the ultimate PVP'er. I made a cookie cutter by the book Smiter with all the best gear collected for a few months and won handily many a times but could not keep up with builds and pubs that actually had technique/ reflexes.. super fast reaction time and . well ultimately fast computers. I have been using a MAC and have had the hardest time trying some techniques such as key switch, namelock, weapon switch etc.. MY QUESTION IS.. Is there a dominant build that doesnt require much help from a faster computer? A build that would basically be a click and kill or one with a slow technique? I made a pretty dominant Bowzon. Spraying GA's all over and some slow missiles but as soon as someone got close. they would skip a frame and I would be dead. Is it safe to say Im screwed or is there a build that I could cope with and tank with mindless Mauling/ casting? WW barb the best bet?:undecided:

zeiris

Diabloii.Net Member
Make a hammernub :) Forget namelock tele and offensive hammercharging, just go for pure random desynch invis hammerspam. Stack up on resists, DR, FHR, and life to make yourself hard to kill - it's okay if your hammer damage drops a bit, one-hit-kill hammers are droll but hey, you want the lazy route :)

hydrahydra

Diabloii.Net Member
i'd say go with a zon with max ga, ms, then get vamp gaze/shaftstop/buriza/oh and of course clegclaw... then proceed to fill ur inv with 40 400+pdscs...

ur strat would be
a. shoot ur enemy once(i'll see a red swirly on ur head if u hit bc of ll), then wait for 5 esconds so his life is at 1... then shoot him again

b. spam him with bazillion GAs... those fuvkers will pierce him so bad that he'll have a trail of GAs following and stabbing him wherever he goes

i personally prefer the 2nd way as it takes about 1-2 fewer seconds to kill someone, but up to u

jmsplat

Diabloii.Net Member
Hammerdins actually do require skill/a decent PC to be effective. For a lazy killer I'd do glass cannon bowazon or light trapper

krajoz

Diabloii.Net Member
id agree with the light trapper as a lazy decent pub dueler. takes very little skill to kill 70% of the pubbers but there'll be that 30% that will still own ur ***.

DIEnamic

Diabloii.Net Member
fist of heavens. all you have to do is wait for conviction to drop their resistance then one click them. you don't even have to aim, foh pretty much autoaims itself like built in hax. foh has to be the ultimate lazy pvper.

IMCanadian

Diabloii.Net Member
You wont ever own with a lazy killer. You'll own people who suck, but you can do that with ur smiter. I have just achieved 95 light res with conviction on me, good luck foh. Glass cannos r ez to auradins, and well everything, trappers are ezier to sorb then fohers. Make a auradin with huge res and mana, get mana pots and some ar. Run around the map and occasionally hit sum1 with charge. I had 56 straight pks in one game from this.

IMC :grin:

DIEnamic

Diabloii.Net Member
You wont ever own with a lazy killer. You'll own people who suck, but you can do that with ur smiter. I have just achieved 95 light res with conviction on me, good luck foh. Glass cannos r ez to auradins, and well everything, trappers are ezier to sorb then fohers. Make a auradin with huge res and mana, get mana pots and some ar. Run around the map and occasionally hit sum1 with charge. I had 56 straight pks in one game from this.

IMC :grin:
you speak of easily sorbing the previously mentioned builds as their weakness, then follow that by recommending auradin?

auradin is hardly a lazy killer. he has to charge in circles spamming mana pots while his pulses do practically nil vs a competent dueler.

with a foh, you just have to hold shift and click the corners of your screen. it's so simple... you can stack all you want vs a foh, hes still gonna do enough damage to kill. most pub duelers carry around standard issue sorb gear, which will completely nullify an auradin. if anything, you may end up with a mobile akara.

emar

Diabloii.Net Member
you speak of easily sorbing the previously mentioned builds as their weakness, then follow that by recommending auradin?

auradin is hardly a lazy killer. he has to charge in circles spamming mana pots while his pulses do practically nil vs a competent dueler.

with a foh, you just have to hold shift and click the corners of your screen. it's so simple... you can stack all you want vs a foh, hes still gonna do enough damage to kill. most pub duelers carry around standard issue sorb gear, which will completely nullify an auradin. if anything, you may end up with a mobile akara.
Only folks that have no idea how to play will charge circles and hope pulses kill their opponents. If you encounter one of those skill-less players you don't even need to stack or absorb.

Additionally, you need to stack 170 Fire and 150 Light deep inorder to eliminate the effects of conviction/- resists on an Auradin. On top of that, you need to increase your max resists and add fire and light 'sorb to completely nullify an Auradin. Easy? Maybe. But stacking 150 Light and dropping TGods on will ensure your FoHer does negligible damage - not enough to kill.

Anywho - to OP. FoHer, Trapper, Hammerdin or even Bowa can be played with lack of skill and probably kill some folks in the pubs.

jsyou

Banned
make a summon bear druid with max energy, duck tape your mouse button and constantly summons your unbeatable bear and you can go afk while pking

jsyou

Banned
make a summon bear druid with max energy, duck tape your mouse button and constantly summons your unbeatable bear and you can go afk while pking

blobswannabe

Diabloii.Net Member
Then the bear won't be able to kill anything since it'll keep getting resummoned before it can land a hit.

Barnical

Diabloii.Net Member
Lightning trapper, fully decked, with a merc infinity, sitting in a lonely house in Blood Moor.

For some harder to kill duelers (Barbs/Smiters), you might have to cast a MB or two if their foolish enough to tele into the house.

-MCS

DIEnamic

Diabloii.Net Member
But stacking 150 Light and dropping TGods on will ensure your FoHer does negligible damage - not enough to kill.
don't forget about foh stick and griffons bombing their light res. not to mention them pounding you with a solid 9k+ foh. until normal pub duelers start carrying around topaz monarchs, I don't see it getting anymore lazy than this.

if someone really just had a super grudge against foh pallies, it could probably be negated. but think about it, for a pubby they would need:

treachary
topaz monarch
kiras
2x 20% wisp
salvation

you won't see people sorb foh too often, thats for sure.

jake007

Diabloii.Net Member
Another good build would be a fire sorceress with lots facets, since there won't be alot of dueller carrying fire absorb, they will be easy PK.

emar

Diabloii.Net Member
don't forget about foh stick and griffons bombing their light res. not to mention them pounding you with a solid 9k+ foh. until normal pub duelers start carrying around topaz monarchs, I don't see it getting anymore lazy than this.

if someone really just had a super grudge against foh pallies, it could probably be negated. but think about it, for a pubby they would need:

treachary
topaz monarch
kiras
2x 20% wisp
salvation

you won't see people sorb foh too often, thats for sure.
Oh yes I'll agree - a typical pub won't have that kind of resists to counteract a FoHer, but on the same thought they won't have the resists for an Auradin either. Which was kind of the point I was making. I am talking from experience on the Auradin thing here - not theory crafting.

And about negating the FoH : My pally can pretty much turn a 9K+ FoHer's damage to negligible amounts by simply using Resist Lightning aura and NONE of the above you named - but that is the nature of my build :)

Anywho, any build with auto hits is a nice lazy one :)

mumba

Banned
And about negating the FoH : My pally can pretty much turn a 9K+ FoHer's damage to negligible amounts by simply using Resist Lightning aura and NONE of the above you named - but that is the nature of my build :)
The cool thing is tho that anyone see u with that will let u get close to them, and then switch to smite & fanaticism and start pounding you. Even tho they prolly do much less melee damage than you (Im assuming ur a smiter, cuz this wouldnt really work for hammers) they still have the element of surprise and have you at a slight disadvantage because u have the rest lite aura on.

And this would work even better if the guy did some hardcore gear swapping before to get his res up, and now hes faced with having to melee u which will even the fight even more than just u lacking the correct aura.

But still tho, pretty impressive to be able to negate a -200 res foher with a +130 res lite aura w/o gear swap.

emar

Diabloii.Net Member
The cool thing is tho that anyone see u with that will let u get close to them, and then switch to smite & fanaticism and start pounding you. Even tho they prolly do much less melee damage than you (Im assuming ur a smiter, cuz this wouldnt really work for hammers) they still have the element of surprise and have you at a slight disadvantage because u have the rest lite aura on.

And this would work even better if the guy did some hardcore gear swapping before to get his res up, and now hes faced with having to melee u which will even the fight even more than just u lacking the correct aura.

But still tho, pretty impressive to be able to negate a -200 res foher with a +130 res lite aura w/o gear swap.
Alas, it is an Auradin build - not a straight smiter. My gear and charms leave a lot of room for resists.

V/T or T/V's are difficult and it is a matter of aura switching at the right time - they give you a run for your money. You see I use Conviction as well - so it is Res Light with their Conviction out, then Conviction if they pop Fanat and attempt to melee. Generally these folks have slightly higher Conviction than mine, which prompts the aura change.

Pure FoHer's on the other hand - who don't use smite and pimp themselves with as much - resists as possible, are quite easy since they don't turn around and melee.

My pally is stacked ~280 LR (give or take) with Res Light on in Hell. This negates their minus resists. With the Light aura it puts me comfortably at 95 LR - hence limited damage without any need for absorb.

levitikus

Diabloii.Net Member
So basically there is no way to get away with having a slow comp and being a decent killer? Defensive tele WW barb? Hes unable to be hit with a melee attack in the time I am lagging. Or would a decent barb tear me apart without any strategy? or pattern?