laziest build for normal

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
laziest build for normal

i want to make a build for collecting chips/gems in normal. but i don't want to click too much. i just want to run around and pick up gems without too much hassle.

some criteria:
1. not mana centered, or should be able to keep mana up through mana per kill or something without using pots.

2. low level: i want it to be finished before lvl 30, maybe 42 max (because afterwards you have to go to nm.)

3. can do up to maybe a3 without a problem.

my current build:
holy fire paladin
4 resist fire (for synergy)
1 might (pre req)
3 holy fire

probably finished @ lvl 20, but holy fire is very very weak, even with a +3 hf scepter. haven't decided yet if i will use zeal, probably not, i'll just put any leftover points in resist fire.

projected eq:
+3 holy fire scepter, maybe leaf staff.
death's belt (for cannot be frozen)
vidala's boots (for massive stamina/frw)
sigon's shield
stealth breastplate (for frw)
tarnhelm (if i can get one), maybe a 2-3 eld helm.
gloves: undecided, maybe bloodfists or magefists for the +1 if i get that high.
rings/ammy: meh. doesn't matter.

kinemil's awl would be nice, they drop like flies so i should get one soon.

Twoflower

Banned
fully sinergised tesla can walk trough entire normal and you won t even see a monster on the screen, they all die befor you can reach them. no kilck, ever

taht s at lvl 80 though

Ter

Diabloii.Net Member
you could try holy shock instead of holy fire. @ level 25 you can have Zeal with an added 1-204 per attack

and your aura doing 3-34 damage in a 4 yard radius...

if you spend the time to put in 19 more levels it would do

3-530 damage in a 16.6 yard radius with 0 to skills

1 to sacrifice
1 to Zeal
20 to resist lighning
1 to might
1 to holy fire
1 to holy freeze
1 to holy shock
26 points level 25 + Radament

then
1 to sacrifice
1 to Zeal
20 to resist lighning
1 to might
1 to holy fire
1 to holy freeze
20 to holy shock
45 points level 41 including the 4 skill points from normal
that should kill everything on the screen in act I normal without you doing anything but running around.
and if you have to smack anything with your scepter it adds 1-3182 damage so that should help as well ;)

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
heh yeah i was thinking about using a different aura besides hf, but the ending level would be very high. i'm wondering if anything could beat 26 for hf.

Ter

Diabloii.Net Member
summoners are a possibility..

if you got a +3 summon skeleton wand and a +3 skeleton necro head

@ level 20 you would have
10 skeletons and a clay golem and a mercenary killing everything on screen and you could just watch them.

Bhruic

Diabloii.Net Member
You could go with a windy druid. You'd have to hit level 30 for hurricane, but once you had that, most things a1-a3 would drop pretty quick.

Bh

Ter

Diabloii.Net Member
yep I made a mistake..should have typed level 42.

you'll notice he originally said level 42 max so that is what I based my proposal on.

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Ter said:
yep I made a mistake..should have typed level 42.

you'll notice he originally said level 42 max so that is what I based my proposal on.
Right. I didn't look at it that way. For some reason I always assume that noone ever makes a ytpo.

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
Rehsa said:
trap sin maybe???
A wake of fire trapper could be good, if you get the enemies into groups. I presume Tir runes would be the way to go?

Edit: Also, a hurricane druid could be pretty good :thumbsup:

Oscuro

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
You could have a few more build possibilities if you realize you can easily get to 55 or so in normal by doing Baal runs.

SharnMes

Diabloii.Net Member
Lightning sorc.

Just stand still and kill everything in sight. Then pick up gems afterwards. Sounds easy to me :D

Mammel248

Banned
I still don't see why one would collect chippies but well...

I think a Tesladin is a very good idea indeed. A Necro Summoner might not be such a great idea. Your skellies won't always do what you like, i.e. killing all Burning Dead over and over and leaving those unravelers alive.....

Believe me I have been there :uhhuh: .

phatbrava

Diabloii.Net Member
a strafer would do it fairly easy
a max static max frost nova (or nova) would seem ok too

but for both you'd have to stop and cast spells

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
Mammel248 said:
I still don't see why one would collect chippies but well...
to support my countess runner. :)

funny thing, he's found a gull dagger so far, so i was thinking about making him a norm mf'er. i want to get some hotspurs, lenymo sashes and rocking low level rares. :)

muserule

Diabloii.Net Member
A summon/melee mancer might work...

4+ skeletons, a few mages, a golom(fire will kill most, a decent iron will rule) and a merc is quite an army for normal and doesnt need much mana so you can put stat points into strength, vita and dex and kill specific targets yourself. As long as you dont plan on going into NM you would be fine. Should be quite good fun to play too.