Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Last wish zealot (Need help plz)

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by JasonBriggs, Mar 28, 2005.

1. JasonBriggs

JasonBriggs IncGamers Member

Last wish zealot (Need help plz)

Hi everyone. I was thinking of making a zealot around the last wish runeword in either a berzerker axe or a collossus blade. Heres what it could look like.

equipment

last wish in either ba or cb
    Coh archon plate
    ravenfrost ring
    bk ring
    either gore riders or wartravellers boots
    string of ears belt
    HoZ shield (um)
    Laying of hands gloves
    offensive skillers to boost my aura
    annihilus
    crescent moon amulet
    andariels visage (socketed with something, not sure what yet)

Skills

20 sacrifice
    1 zeal
    1 charge
    20 holy shield
    20 fanatacism
    1 holy bolt
    1 blessed hammer
    1 smite
    1 might
    1 blessed aim
    1 concentration
    1 in all left hand side and middle line in defensive auras skills tree (6)
    Maybe 20 in vengeance depending on what weapon i decide to use on switch.
    Maybe 20 in defiance depending on how i decide to take care of phys immunes

Mercinary

Holy freeze Or defiance depending on my skill choice

Eth stone armor
    Eth obediance colossus voulge
    Andariels visage (socketed with the rune that gives fire resistance)

I need feedback on this build on my skills mainly. My equipment is pretty much decided as i have it all except my weapon and what im using for switch.But if you feel my equipment is inferior to what you have in mind please mention it.

Attack rating is no problem for this build because LW gives itd.And i should get max resists with hoz, coh and annihilus, if not ill just get some resi charms.

Thanks for reading and please give as much feedback as you can.

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I'd go with a Berserker Axe, because it's slightly faster so you need less IAS to reach the final zeal breakpoint, also has less strength requirements.

Gore Riders are better than War Travelers except for Magic Finding of course. I'd also change the amulet because you don't really need mana leech with zeal and you've already got decent lifeleech from Andariel's Visage and String Of Ears...Metalgrid for increased Attack Rating or Mara's for allround sweetness, or Highlord's for cool deadly strike and 20%IAS if you need it.

Skillers are nice but they won't really add too much damage to this build, you're probably better of with life, resists or max/min damage charms.

Other than that your equipment looks fine. For your merc if you can make a Doom runeword then get a Defiance merc that would be insane.

Ignores Target Defence doesn't work on bosses/champions so you need a decent attack rating...but that shouldn't be too much of a problem, if it is use Metalgrid or charms...maybe even Angelic combo. Other than that it looks pretty damn sweet.

3. JasonBriggs

JasonBriggs IncGamers Member

Thanks for the info m8, i thought itd worked on any monster and its a damn shame it doesnt. I'll have to look into metalgrid amulet, and i understand it gives + resistances too which is good if i dont have enough already. IMO, the skillers are going to make a massive difference to my build, using fanatacism. It would give me and extra 8 levels, and come on be honest, what skill level would you rather have, 20 or 28.

I dont think i will be able to afford a doom weapon for my merc as im throwing all my earnings into that last wish weapon lol. Still gonna take me about another week to find it but i think heavens light will do until i get it. And as for the life thing, i think i might just shove a cta/spirit on switch. Which should sort that problem out. I think i will be going for berserker axe for the lower requirements as my main killer on this build wont be damage, it'll be crushing blow and insane speed.

Come on people more input please, this build isnt perfect yet :D

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

28 for sure:) Still I think you'll gain more from using other charms...if you got some good ones... I wasn't saying it was a bad solution...not at all but skiller charms are usually not that good for melee..One quick example would be getting +% resist all charms and then switch out your Chains Of Honour for Fortitude, which would give 300% enhanced damage, quite a lot more than the 170% you'd get from 10 extra lvl's of Fanatiscism. This would probably only require 3-4 good charms and then you could get something extra too.

Also if you're not going for physical damage why not get a Crescent Moon runeword or Stormlash, and combine crushing blow with static field that would be awesome.

Lastly there is one downside to the Berserker Axe, it has a very low durability...26 I think...this is nothing major but I've heard several people complaining that it was very annoying, especially when you're a fast hitter like a zealot.

5. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

I would say the AR is way too low. If you stick to just doing baalruns never confronting bosses yourself, the ITD could help you out, but that limits your way to play. I just wouldnt do that. :p
    I would instead max out zeal, for the nice AR, and even +dmg. cant be wrong aye?
    phys immunes will still be a major problem though :teeth: