Last Wish PB VS Grief PB

Arutha

Diabloii.Net Member
Last wish isnt so hot for a zealer, it just doesnt do alot of dmg compared to other weapons. And for a smiter alot of people use grief and alot of people use last wish, its really going to depend on the rest of your gear. Personally I like grief on a smiter as you can get %cb, life tap, fade, and might from other gear but the massive dmg grief adds for smite is unique.

HipHopAnon

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm thinking abot building a 1 point smiter for uber runs. Which is pretty much a zealout that smites.

I'm torn between useing lastwish + upped hoz or Greif + exile.

Is it just me or does this tend to change helm choice as well? Greif -> Guillams, LW -> andys? (That's what I see most smiters use anyway.)

o_O I guess I could use them both since I odn't plan on many +all skills and my javazon friend has like a level 20 BO.

:'( It's all so confusing.

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member
Why Andy's when you want to kill ubers...... I am lost there. I mean, something like Kira's might be a better choice.

maxusmag

Diabloii.Net Member
its all personal preference.

i have a lw zerk and it does perfectly fine in the game with zeal and for smite.

plus with gores you no longer have to worry about cb and can focus on other things.

only thing with the zerk is the repair costs, but still not as bad as my ap nigma. ugg horrible repair costs.

HipHopAnon

Diabloii.Net Member
Why Andy's when you want to kill ubers...... I am lost there. I mean, something like Kira's might be a better choice.
I know next to nothing about smite gear, so I went with what I saw when two guys where comparing gear.

The whole Greif v LW, Hoz v Exile, CoH v Fort thing makes it a bit confusing to me.

maxusmag

Diabloii.Net Member
you are going to get 1000 replies as to why this is better than that as well.

you are just going to have to sit down and compare the two.

if you go with last wish and gores you don't need the face or any other cb.
along with dracs you don't need exile.

if you go with grief then you need face, gores, and something else with cb. plus you need exile and dracs

COH gives +skills which is always good and good res

fort gives extra damage and res

really its all about what you can afford. this is one of the most expensive builds in the game.

RequiemDeath

Diabloii.Net Member
This isn't the most expensive build... It can be though...

Your choice should depend on a few things...

What can you afford?

What are you going to be using this character for?

If you are going for plain ole PvM, then try a few different combos of armors and weapons and see what you like better... My non ladder zeal/smiter/uber killer doesn't use the recomended gear... I use what works for me... I can take anything out in the game, including DClone and all the Ubers, and with some small equipment changes, I can hold my own in PvP...

My ladder zeal/smite/uber killer has a few variations due to the avalible ladder only rune words... Last Wish PB is his primary weapon... With all the CB, he kills fast... Fort helps with the added damage... When fighting the ubers, I zeal to get the life tap started, then hotkey to smite for the extra CB and extra Open Wounds... After CB becomes ineffective, I do a weapon switch to his Grief PB... Raw damage deals the fatal blow... Again, this isn't the recomended set up exactly, but it works very well... In fact, it's down right overkill... But, it's still fun to me!

As for which one is better, I say they are even, and both have their uses... The above is my use for those rune words, and it works very well for me... Try a few different set ups, and see what you like better... With the way the 1pt smiter is built, all you need is to switch out the right equipment, and your set for PvP too!

*Requiem_Death

mainaman

Diabloii.Net Member
for ubering and pvm in general lw is better weapon
for pvp grief hands down
as for shield hoz =best choice

ScarX

Diabloii.Net Member
Grief is Great for both smite and zeal. GRIEF WINS!!!! WOOOOO!!!! :jig: :flip: :tongue: .....ok im done :lipsrsealed:

Demonic Angel Rules

Diabloii.Net Member
Grief = Damage
Last Wish = Survibility
Thats pretty much it in a nut shell. Grief will make u do WAY WAY more damage with both zeal and smite. + with Grief zeal needs no AR.

With Last wish life tap will cast over and over. But damage is kinda bad and you need AR. O and smite doent get that nice bonus with LW as it does with Grief. This makes them even execpt for 1 small problem

Grief cost you a little to get.
While LW cost you a arm and a leg and your left [email protected]#

So Grief to me wins but if you got LW be happy you cant lose either way

mainaman

Diabloii.Net Member
Grief = Damage
Last Wish = Survibility
Thats pretty much it in a nut shell. Grief will make u do WAY WAY more damage with both zeal and smite. + with Grief zeal needs no AR.

With Last wish life tap will cast over and over. But damage is kinda bad and you need AR. O and smite doent get that nice bonus with LW as it does with Grief. This makes them even execpt for 1 small problem

Grief cost you a little to get.
While LW cost you a arm and a leg and your left [email protected]#

So Grief to me wins but if you got LW be happy you cant lose either way
thats what 70%+ cb are for
u cant do well on a pvp smiter in uber tristram just because its completely different build

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member
There is no right answer, it depends on the rest of your gear. Regardless, he falls fast like a puppy to either weapon.

SmiterMcZealot

Diabloii.Net Member
in that case definitely go with grief, part of LW's advantage is the fade and massive CB, neither of which is needed against DClone with 50 cb already.

bkwong

Diabloii.Net Member
I prefer LW for ubers, since you're pretty much invincible with it since it casts Life tap so much. In addition you get massive resists from fade when it casts. It's also does good damage (though not as good as Grief) due to the 60-70 cb and the might aura.

I think Grief is better for everything else due to its massive damage. HOWEVER if you got a really good Exile (keep in mind a good ethereal one with resists would be way more expensive then a LW), you should definately use Grief... the Lifetap from Exile is sufficient.

If I had a 40+ res ethereal elite Exile, I would go with Grief for ubers too.