Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Last questions for my WW PVM.

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by BierWiser, May 26, 2008.

1. BierWiser

BierWiser IncGamers Member

Last questions for my WW PVM.

1. I am going to be using a 35% IAS Grief Phase Blade and EBOTD Colossus Blade. Does that reach the WW breakpoint?

2. I'm guessing that this is obvious, but is it best to use Grief as my primary weapon? I will be using Berserk on the Physical Immunes.

3. Is there any way I can reach the Berserk breakpoint? The only socketable items I will be having is just an Arreat's Face.

4. Is there a better ring than using a second Ravenfrost?

I plan on using the Act II Mercenary, but I just want opinions on what you guys would use, or a possible change in the items they wear.

Mercenary: Act II Might
    Weapon: Infinity Cryptic Axe
    Armor: Fortitude Archon Plate or Chains of Honor or Treachery (45% IAS and Fade)?
    Helm: Vampire Gaze

Infinity is best because it has crushing blow which will help on the stronger monsters and bosses. Plus, lowering the defense of enemies will make up for not having Fanaticism from Beast or the Rogue Mercenary shown below.

Mercenary: Rogue
    Weapon: Faith Great Bow
    Armor: Treachery
    Helm: Vampire Gaze

Is there a better helm for these Mercenaries?

2. accipite

accipite IncGamers Member

Re: Last questions for my WW PVM.

1. yes
    2. yes
    3. u need 42 ias to reach the max. u already has 35 IAS on grief, so quite easy, aha. btw, why not using Guillaume's Face?
    4. a good rare ring can beat raven easily. anyway, raven is a good choice. u can also consider Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band.
    fana wont help u on speed, and only half of the ED works on u, so act 2 merc is better.
    u have lots of crushing blow by ur own, and much faster attack speed. so the crushing blow on ur merc is nothing. u shouldnt lack of attack rating
    Pride absolutely beat Infinity here, it will help u a lot on damage.
    Fort is good, u dont need the damage from merc, Fort can provide better defense.

3. BierWiser

Guillaume's Face has some good mods on it, but the attack rating and skills on Arreat's Face make it much better.

Does anyone know the preffered attack rating for a WW Barbarian? I might still use the Infinity. I get enhanced damage from Laying of Hands as well. My friend tried the Pride on his Mercenary and it didn't do too much more damage. Does anyone have a rough idea of how much more damage I would do with Pride?

Edit: Well, even level 9 Concentration adds a lot of damage, so I think I will go with Pride if I have good attack rating.

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  4. churinga

churinga IncGamers Member

For PvM, I think Arreat is the best overall helm for Barbs, and the most important -- stylish helm. Guillaume's Face is nice, if you want to do Uber runs, since the crushing blow is important to kill Ubers faster. It is also a cool helm. Its up to you, though -- stylish or cool. But if your resist sucks, you need to stick to Arreats.

BK ring is overrated, IMO. The +life per level is not Bo-able, which makes it not so useful, and skill is no biggie for WW Barbs IMO. A second Raven is necessary if your AR sucks, and you don't want to replace the second ring with Angelic combo (Angelic combo is great IMO).

Lastly, you already noticed Pride's power ;)

5. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

Skills are indeed not a huge boost for a barbarian. For rings without ITD I find it hard to see how you could make up for the AR of anglic ring+amulet without losing more than you could gain from the charms/other gearslots you saved by using angelics.

For example if you use 200 AR GCs (which aren't even possible as far as I remember) you'll need ~5 of them to make up for angelics, which is 45 resist all if you use 5 to all res small charms, which is more than you could get on a ring+neck combined. I would only drop angelics and get the AR elsewhere if I had some pretty goldly ring+neck to use generally with very high resists and decent life steal. With more realistic gear angelics are just too good, as going down from ~10k to ~6k AR is just not worth whatever bonuses you could get from a ring+ammy - your killing speed in hell would be slowed by ~13% in this example on 2700 defense mobs. That's like reducing your WW damage from ~3k to ~2600.

6. accipite

if it is for pvp, there is no doubt that Anglic is pre-requisite. but if it is for pvm, things may change a little.
    first, what i have to sacrifice is Highlord, more than 33% DS means 1/3 damage.
    second, i do have more than 11k AR without Anglic, and it can boost to 18k if i use the enchant on Demon Limb in stash. the reason is i put lots of stat point in dex to secure max block rate on switch.
    third, Grief is my main weapon, ITD ignore all normal monsters defense.

7. BierWiser

What do you mean by this?

Also, what's your second weapon along with the Grief?

8. accipite

100% Deadly Strike means 100% change to get double damage. 33% mean 1/3
    i m using two grief