Laptop printers

Freet

Diabloii.Net Member
Laptop printers

I'm considering buying a laptop printer. I'm thinking about spending around $200.

What would you suggest?

Freet

Diabloii.Net Member
What makes it a printer for a laptop... as opposed to a regular printer?
Well Gertlex, since laptops are portable, so should the printer be.

Laptop printers fit in a typical laptop case with the laptop in there too. Some even have alternate power sources.

With this, when I am at Starbucks sipping on coffee and working on whatever, I have the print option available.

Gorny

Banned

Laptop printers fit in a typical laptop case with the laptop in there too. Some even have alternate power sources.

With this, when I am at Starbucks sipping on coffee and working on whatever, I have the print option available.
Is it a Dell Laptop/Notebook?

I haven't been in the market for a while, but Sipix used to make some pretty decent ones.

You won't need above 300dpi if you are doing text(for the most part), 400dpi would be a good target. Unless you are needing pictures don't worry about color, just more cartridges to buy.

Other than that I would say just get one that is battery powered, a little more heavy, but must easier.

Gertlex

Banned

I see.... I'm ignorant to the degree that I didn't know such small printers existed... :(

Is it a Dell Inspirion E1505? :) Those are VERY popular on campus.

*Beats donny with a stick*

They weigh like 3-5lb, it is also cheaper in the long run than paying 50+ cents for printing at coffee shops and the like. If you are on the road a lot it just makes sense.

Freet

Diabloii.Net Member
*Beats donny with a stick*

They weigh like 3-5lb, it is also cheaper in the long run than paying 50+ cents for printing at coffee shops and the like. If you are on the road a lot it just makes sense.
I do travel a good bit on my job...and...well....what Spazed said. :thumbsup:

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Or you could just print things out at home or at work. Why on earth would you need to print things on the fly?

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't even use my printer at home, it's been out of commission for about eight months. I use the work printer on the very rare instance I need something printed out. Why bother when I can look at it just as easily on the screen?

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't even use my printer at home, it's been out of commission for about eight months. I use the work printer on the very rare instance I need something printed out. Why bother when I can look at it just as easily on the screen?
*pictures dondrei lugging around his desktop and monitor so he can see the screen*

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, if I had any need or desire to use a computer when I'm not at home or at work I'd get a laptop.