Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

laptop help

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Rick-Nasty, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Rick-Nasty

Rick-Nasty IncGamers Member

laptop help

im going to college in the fall and im loking to get a new laptop, most likely a dell. ive been reading aobut them and i cannot decide to go with the P4 or the Pentium M. i read that the Pentium M is made for on the go and saves energy and all, and that the P4 is mostly made for keeping it plugged up on ur desk most of the time. Also i read that, for example a 1.3GHz Pentium M would be about the same as a 2.5-.6 P4. I dont know all that much about laptops so i need a lil help. ill be using it mainly for school work, maybe watchn movies every now and then but not much, and soem gaming.... most likely D2. Lemme know what ya'll know. I'd like to try and keep the price down since i will be paying it on my own, ive found some good prospects that are $900-$1000.

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

if you're just doing work on a laptop, and nothing really fancy like graphics and playing halo 2 or something, you don't need hte 1 gig or ram or super graphics and sound card. That will save you a lot of money. Try something with 256 or 512 mb ram and 40-60 gig hardrive. With an Intel Celeron M, that will easily be under $1000. I would just go withe Intel Celeron M because that processor can handle all the regular programs easily and it's cheaper and the Pentium 4.

edit: since you're going to college don't you get one of those student discounts supported by the college? For example, my friend got a IBM Thinkpad (512 mb ram w/ 60 gigs and bluetooth) for about $2000. Normally at that time, those laptops went for $3000. Personally, I would think that deal is pretty sweet.

3. Freet

Freet IncGamers Member

I just bought a Dell Inspiron 2200 last week for $560 that was new, in the box. I believe it will do what you need done just fine.

Just my 2c :)