Lance-Zons work?

SwampBox

Diabloii.Net Member
Lance-Zons work?

Im thinking of what char to make at the reset thats uncommon (i play classical) but im wondering if Lance-Zons still work? Maxing Fend as the main attack.

Does this work? Ive heard of some kind of bug with lance-zons can someone give me more info on this. Does the bug completely ruin lance zons?

edit: stats and skill info would be helpful too.

Generator Of Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
The fend bug, AFAIK, is that if you're hit during fend, all the remaining attacks will miss, and you'll be rendered vulnerable.

If Lance-Zons are viable?...Figure they're as viable as a 2 handed charger or 2 handed berzerker barb.... Huge damage, no defense...

With good life leech and life, it may be viable PvM (since with, say, a an Eth BOTD cerimonial Pike you'll be doing huge dmg and leeching life back to full per hit) but, don't expect this to do any wonders in PvP.

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm... I believe you'll need a very high defense armour, high resists, a defiance merc, and probably Dracul's Grasp. Slow target would be nice too if you can get it. Perhaps knockback would be a good idea, I'm not sure...

Put NO points into d/a/e. That stuff is actually bad for you in this build. You might want to get a max Decoy. You might even want to put pts into slow missiles.

If you attempt this, I wish you luck! No Valk, no d/a/e, and no shield. I think it's doable, but you have to be pretty gutsy.

Alright, these would be my chosen skills, personally:
20 Fend
20 Penetrate (or Inner Sight)
20 Decoy
10 Slow Missiles
10 Critical Strike

richo

Diabloii.Net Member
well you wanna go for a pure def build i have a good option wich consumes much strenght though..

but you should consider instead of fend the skill JAB not as good but not bugged gives you more options in penetrate etc skills of build with jab under skills for fend build

gear:
fortitude sacred armor (medium armor, for def youre sacrifice some frw)
eth botd matriachal pike (+3 java ofc)
nosferatu
draculs (consider steelrends)
upped gores (you need the def and you need lot strengt for forti anyway)
1* dual leech ring
1* ravenfrost or BK 5%
highlords
giant skull (for that KB you need)

on switch:
storm shield
titans

merc: (act 2 defiance)
Eth Doom
Eth duress or eth stone (sacred both)
eth andy

stats:
strenght: 232 (for forti armor)
dex: 190 (max block storm)
vit: all thats left
energy: base ofc

Liliel said:
skills:
Alright, these would be my chosen skills, personally:
20 Fend
20 Penetrate (or Inner Sight)
20 Decoy
10 Slow Missiles
10 Critical Strike
Jab build

20 jab
20 penetrate
50-60% dodge/avoid/evade (around 5-6 skills each)
20 valkyrie
rest in criticail strike

you will get heavy defence and and a good slow from merc

rgzzz
RICHO

Generator Of Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
richo said:
1* dual leech ring
1* ravenfrost or BK 5%
Why dual leech ring? The Botd has huge mana leech and dmg, as long as she hits anything she'll leech her mana full again... Go dual Bk's or BK and Raven...

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
*rolls eyes* Sheesh, don't you think that gear is a bit excessive? I mean you could probably kill efficiently with just yout Normal Attacks with that stuff.

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
SwampBox said:
Im thinking of what char to make at the reset thats uncommon (i play classical) but im wondering if Lance-Zons still work? Maxing Fend as the main attack.

Does this work? Ive heard of some kind of bug with lance-zons can someone give me more info on this. Does the bug completely ruin lance zons?

edit: stats and skill info would be helpful too.
yes lance zons are viable.

Impale doesnt do as much damage over time as jab, and it can be interrupted. Fend.. is terrible.. dont even get me started... on classic fend is not viable.

For a Pvm 2h jabber on classic you want

enough ias to reach a respectable Bp with a lance (check the wpn speed calc)

you need a lance... no other spears even come close.

your skills should look like this

20 jab
20 penetrate
valkyrie 8 points after + skills (which you probably wont have)
some into the D/E/A skills

dont forget about ar. i suggest you use items that give flat ar, which will get mutlipled by jab and penetrate.

just my .02

and yeah ive tested this on single player and have tried out lots of diffirent setups and you need a high damaging fast lance.

@everyone who has posted: He is on classic... so dont suggest expansion only items

Fred

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
Classic? Oh my... you might want to try a Lightning spearazon instead. I think that's about the only way you'll get enough damage...

20 Charged Strike
20 Lightning Strike
20 Valkyrie
20 Penetrate

Sharaz

Diabloii.Net Member
i started this character about a week ago, and she is SOOO much fun!! definatly one of the most enjoyable characters ive made in a long time. actually, i say i started her a week ago, but ive really had her in mind for a very long time, starting when i found a +2 jav and spear ethereal cerimonial pike. i showed a pic, and got some non-recommendations from the people here, based on the fact that its not elite and not +3.

here was my original post http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=327148

and then 4 months later, i post this good news http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=361948

finally, here is the thread where i show the botd i made from the pike. http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=364593

in the end, temptation came to me twice on this very idea for my pikeazon, and 2 times i had a decent weapon and i even (at the time back then) had the zod/vex. i almost put them in the exceptional one anyway. but i waited, and waited, and waited, and finally i got exactly what i wanted!

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
Liliel said:
Classic? Oh my... you might want to try a Lightning spearazon instead. I think that's about the only way you'll get enough damage...

20 Charged Strike
20 Lightning Strike
20 Valkyrie
20 Penetrate
im pretty sure he wants to do physical damage with his lance (jab) a 2h lightning spearzon is just an underpowered 1h lightning zon.

And no your wrong. You can get enough damage with jab w/ a lance. Did you not hear me say ive tested it and it works?